A Mini Battle (alternatively Mini-Battle, mini-battle, or Minibattle), also referred to as a Mini Battle Game, is a battle with a Bandit in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its reissue, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. A Yoshi fights a Bandit in one of four battles: Throwing Balloons, Popping Balloons, Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest, or Gather Coins. Mini Battles are fought in certain levels after a Yoshi gets a key to the Bonus Game shack. Later, they can be played on the Level Selection screen.
This is Top Secret so LISTEN UP! On the Level Selection screen, hold and press , , , and !! (This code is changed to , , , and in Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3.)
If the player does so, a screen will pop up, listing all the Mini Battles, along with a two-player version of Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest and a four-button Throwing Balloons mode. In single-player mode, Throwing Balloons can be played in either four-button mode or the harder six-button mode.
In Super Mario Advance 3, the two-player Mini Battles were removed, and a five-button version of Throwing Balloons was included instead.
Names in other languages
Mini Batoru Gēmu
|Mini Battle Game|
|Italian||Mini gara||Mini challenge|
|Spanish||Mini batalla||Mini battle|
- Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 instruction booklet, page 25.
- Miller, Kent, and Terry Munson. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 14.
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 Player's Guide. Page 15.
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island instruction booklet, page 20.
- Super Mario: Yossy Island instruction booklet, page 19.