Time Attack (Mario Party: Island Tour)
Time Attack is a minigame mode from Mario Party: Island Tour. It is a single-player mode. The objective of this mode is to beat the ten given minigames in the quickest amount of time, while earning Party Stars from completing the bonus objectives in each minigame. Earning a Party Star will cut three seconds off the player's completion time for that minigame.
Example: Minigame – Bonus Objective
- Magmathon – Don't press any wrong buttons.
- No-Traction Action – Don't bump into the walls.
- Slow G – Don't use the same platform twice.
- Tile Savvy – Don't make any false moves.
- Gyro for the Gold – Don't fall off the course.
- Quickest Cricket – Don't hit any obstacles.
- Color Me Fast – Color less than 10% outside lines.
- Blown Hover – Don't hit any Flip Panels.
- Mad Ladders – Avoid all the boulders.
- Sub Trouble – Don't bump into the walls.
Some minigames are modified for one-player use. While Magmathon, Slow G, Gyro for the Gold, Quickest Cricket, Blown Hover, Mad Ladders, and Sub Trouble stay the same, No-Traction Action now takes five laps to finish, Tile Savvy now requires five pictures to complete, and Color Me Fast does not finish until five pages are colored in.
"Play 10 minigames, and see how fast you can clear them!"
- This minigame mode behaves similarly to a minigame mode in Mario Party 9 which also falls under the same name. In both, ten minigames are played through for the fastest time, and bonus objectives successfully completed reduce the total time by three seconds. The only two differences are that the minigames cannot be made in a custom order, and there are default records for the mode, instead of unlockable ones.