|Purpose||Causes one of many effects to happen, generally positive to the player that lands on it, determined by a roulette|
|First appearance||Mario Party 9 (2012)|
A Spin Space is a type of space in Mario Party 9. It causes one of many effects to happen, which are determined by a roulette. Most of the effects are beneficial to the player that landed on the Spin Space. The Spin Space resembles the older designs of the Chance Time Space, though the Chance Time Space's function is different.
Effects on the Spin Wheel (only four appear out of all):
- Steal Mini Stars from a Rival!
- The player can steal a number of Mini Stars from any player of their choice (random is also an option).
- Rivals can't use Special or Normal Dice Blocks!
- Until the player's next turn, the other players are unable to use Special or Normal Dice Blocks.
- Get a Special Dice Block!
- Swap Dice Blocks with a Rival!
- The player can swap Dice Blocks with any player chosen (random is also an option).
- Hit the Dice Block again!
- Like with the Dash Space, the captain gets to hit the Dice Block and move forward again.
- Steal a Dice Block from a Rival!
- The player can steal a Special Dice Block from any player chosen (random is also an option, if more than one player has any Special Dice Blocks).
- Item Shuffle!
- All owned Special Dice Blocks are shuffled and distributed to random players.
Names in other languages
|French||Case hasard||Random Space|
|Italian||Spazio a sorpresa||Surprise space|