Countdown to Drop Down
|Countdown to Drop Down
|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|Sends the player freefalling
|<< Directory of levels >>
Countdown to Drop Down is a course in Fluff-Puff Peaks in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. It is unlocked after clearing Fluff-Puff Peaks Flying Battleship, and its own completion unlocks Break Time! Zip-Go-Round. This level houses two Wonder Seeds, and has a difficulty of three stars. It features Countdown Lifts, platforms that bear a number indicating how many times it can be stepped on, as its primary mechanic.
The level starts off with a long Countdown Lift starting at three which has two ? Blocks above it and some Cloud Lifts and Cloud Blocks below. After two large red blocks is two Countdown Lifts with a Melon Piranha Plant below them, before a set of three lifts with a Melon Piranha Plant below each one, with the middle one having some coins and a flower coin above it. Next is more Countdown Lifts and some Shoot Blocks before a pipe that sends out green Koopa Paratroopas. After a Countdown Lift with a yellow pipe on the right is a long Countdown Lift starting at ten. This lift is on a looped track with two Long ? Blocks in the middle of the track, while the yellow pipe sends out more green Koopa Paratroopas. Three yellow pipes and a Melon Piranha Plant will take the player to the Checkpoint Flag.
Next is a Melon Piranha Plant followed by a Roulette Block and two yellow pipes, which lead to a long Countdown Lift starting at ten that goes along a track, above a large pit. This Countdown Lift will carry the player for most of the remaining level. As the player jumps on the lift a Lakitu appears, which will throw Spinies at the player for the duration of the ride if it isn't defeated. The lift takes the player past some ? Blocks, a horizontal yellow pipe that has the course's Wonder Flower below it, a set of Brick Blocks with a Wow Bud inside, a set of Shoot Blocks with a track carrying coins and a flower coin above it, a set of Countdown Lifts that each start at two with a Roulette Block above them, and finally a long horizontal yellow pipe that has many Melon Piranha Plants on it. Three yellow pipes follow, with a Hidden Character Block below the third one that only Mario can see, containing a flower coin. The third pipe houses a horizontal Melon Piranha Plant whose seeds help the player reach the top of the Goal Pole.
The Wonder Flower can be reached by using a Lakitu's Cloud. Upon collecting it, the player starts freefalling, and Super Stars start appearing. This section consists of some coins, small flower coins, and Smogrins. The Wonder Seed appears after some time, which starts moving left and right, and collecting it ends the effect and sends the player back to the top of the pipe where the Wonder Flower was located, with the Countdown Lift to their right. The effect lasts for 30 seconds.
- 10-flower coin 1: Found in a sub-area that is accessed via two green pipes next to each other. Below the coin is a long Countdown Lift starting at one.
- 10-flower coin 2: Found in a sub-area that is accessed via a green pipe after activating a Wow Bud that makes Cloud Blocks appear next to it. In the sub-area, the player must carry the Red POW Block and throw it upwards so that it breaks the Brick Blocks holding this 10-flower coin.
- 10-flower coin 3: Found below the set of Countdown Lifts that start at two.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Whoa—careful!" (found to the right of the first Countdown Lift)
- "Watch your steps!" (after falling)
- "What'll it be?" (found next to the first Roulette Block)
- "Ahaha!" (after hitting the block)
- "Be careful!" (found above the Wonder Flower)
- "And don't fall!"
- "Not that I mind the company..."
- "but shouldn't you be going?"
- "Hi, again!" (after collecting the Wonder Seed)
- "So, you survived."
- "Bye-bye!" (found near the Goal Pole)
- "So long!" (if the Wonder Flower is avoided)
Names in other languages
Kauntodaun Rifutu de sora no tabi
|Air travel with Countdown Lifts
|Countdown am Himmel
|Countdown in the sky
- Melon Piranha Plants and Countdown Lifts, which are primarily featured in this level, both seem to reference Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. The Melon Piranha Plants spitting watermelon seeds is similar to a mechanic from that game where Yoshi, as well as certain enemies, can do the same thing after eating watermelons, while the Countdown Lifts strongly resemble Countdown Platforms from said game.
- The way the Countdown Lift is used during the long track section of the level with the Lakitu is somewhat reminiscent of Limited Lifts from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U, with the player needing to prevent oncoming enemies from touching the lift and decreasing the counter so that it can continue carrying them through the level.