Beware of the Rifts
|Beware of the Rifts
|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|<< Directory of levels >>
Beware of the Rifts is a course in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. It is found in Fungi Mines and is unlocked after clearing Loyal Poplin's House. The course is hidden in fog and will reveal itself if the players are close to it. The course itself primarily features Rifts that move in various directions and damage the players on contact. It also features many ? Blocks that activate Wow Buds. Completion of this course unlocks Break Time! Tumble House. The difficulty of this course is three stars, and it houses two Wonder Seeds.
The players start at an area where rifts move through the ground and ceiling around them, and there is a Red Koopa Troopa walking around the area. After making some progress the players will come across another Red Koopa Troopa and a gap where rifts move up in down. Nearby ? Blocks have WOW Buds that cause red pipes to rise up and provide solid ground for the players to help them cross. After making it past more Red Koopa Troopas and avoiding more rifts, the players will reach to the first Checkpoint Flag.
Past the first Checkpoint Flag is a ? Block that activates a Wow Bud which causes a Red POW Block to appear. One of the two ? Blocks found afterwards contains a Wow bud that causes red pipes to rise up from the upcoming pit, where more Red Koopa Troopas are. There is then another gap, where a Brick Block causes a Wow Bud to activate with each strike to the block, causing red pipes to rise out of the gap. The second Checkpoint Flag is found after this gap.
Beyond the second Checkpoint Flag are Donut Blocks the players must use to go to a low area where more rifts are. The players will find a ? Block that activates a Wow Bud, causing the Wonder Flower to appear. Upon collecting it, Rift Mario appears and chases the players. In addition, five Wonder Tokens appear around the area, and the players must search around for them. Dark Nokonokos roam the area, posing as threats for the players. There are also Big POW Blocks scattered throughout that when struck, destroy all Dark Nokonokos and activate all ? Blocks onscreen, as well as stun Rift Mario. After the players obtain all five Wonder Tokens, the Wonder Seed appears in the center. After it is collected, the Wonder Effect ends, and everything is back to normal. On the right side of the area is a red pipe that will transport the players to where the Goal Pole is. An invisible ? Block activates a Wow Bud that causes three red pipes before the Goal Pole to rise up in a staircase formation, helping the players to reach the top of the Goal Pole.
- 10-flower coin 1: Found right before the first Checkpoint Flag. A Wow Bud from a nearby ? Block must be activated to cause the coin to appear. The coin itself is high above the ground, so the players must jump to it from a high place or throw a Koopa Troopa's shell up at it.
- 10-flower coin 2: Found in a secret area past the first Checkpoint Flag. To get to this area, the players must strike a ? Block below the secret area, either by jumping to it or tossing a Koopa Troopa's shell at it. This will activate a Wow Bud and cause a vine to grow up to the secret area, which the players can use to climb up. At this secret area, there are many rifts in the sky, and two Brick Blocks close to the ground with a space between them. This space has an invisible Block that activates a Wow Bud, which removes the rifts and causes coins, flower coins and the 10-flower coin to fall down.
- 10-flower coin 3: Found before the second Checkpoint Flag. A ? Block activates a Wow Bud if struck, causing many coins, including the 10-flower coin to fall down. If there are no pipes below the coin, it can fall and therefore be unobtainable unless the players lose a life or if the stage is completed or restarted.
Enemies and obstacles
Talking Flower quotes
- "I hate this..." (past the first Checkpoint Flag, offscreen)
- "I'm scared..."
- "Where did you come from?!" (when the players enter the area where the second 10-flower coin is by climbing a vine)
- "I'm so happy you're here."
- "It's scary being alone..."
- "Stay with me."
- "Don't leave meeee!" (when the players leave)
- "Did you hear someone just now?" (below the area where the second 10-flower coin is)
- "Musta been my imagination."
Names in other languages
Fureru na kiken! Semari kuru kuroi kage
|Too dangerous to touch! A dark shadow approaches
|Düstermaterie – Berühren verboten!
|Dark matter – Touching forbidden!