The Desert Mystery
|The Desert Mystery
|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|Causes an ancient temple to rise from the ground
|<< Directory of levels >> >> >> >> >>
- “There is a badge that will help you move quickly, even on sand...”
- —Loading screen tip, Super Mario Bros. Wonder
The Desert Mystery is a course in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. It is found in the Sunbaked Desert, and is unlocked after clearing Sunbaked Desert House. This course is hidden in the sand, and will reveal itself when the players are near. This course has lots of sand, jars and pull handles that cause various effects. Completion of this course will unlock the following courses:
- Color-Switch Dungeon
- Secrets of Shova Mansion (a Poplin must be paid fifty Flower coins to repair a bridge to reach the course)
- Sunbaked Desert Palace
- Badge Challenge Crouching High Jump II
- KO Arena Sunbaked Skirmish
The difficulty of this course is two stars, and it houses two Wonder Seeds.
The players start at an area where there is a Mumsy and a pull handle that has power-ups. Not far afterwards is another pull handle that raises a platform from the sand. There are semisolid platforms beyond that as well as a few Mumsies. The players will eventually reach the first Checkpoint Flag.
Beyond the first Checkpoint Flag is more sand, as well as a pull handle that raises a platform with sleeping Goombas and a Mumsy on it. There are then Condarts that fly high above the ground and wait until players are below them, causing them to strike from above. The path ahead contains more flying Condart and a few Mumsies, with one section that has four Condarts in a row. A nearby pull handle close to them will provide a platform to rise up, allowing the players to hide under it to easily avoid the Condarts' attacks. After progressing past more Sleeping Goombas and a few Mumsies, the players will reach to the second Checkpoint Flag.
Past the second Checkpoint Flag are two more Mumsies and pull handles. The second pull handles raises part of a temple piece that forms with its other half, causing the Wonder Flower to appear. Upon collecting it, an ancient temple will rise up from the ground, and the Wonder Seed will be visible. The Wonder Seed however, flies away from the players, and so they must chase after it. It will lead them inside of the temple, where Red Talking Flowers call them "intruders" and act much more meaner than the normal Talking Flowers do. After escaping from a spike wall and avoiding more Mumsies, the players will find and obtain the Wonder Seed for good, which will transport them to where they obtained the Wonder Flower. After getting past three more Goombas as well as another Mumsy, the players will reach to the Goal Pole, where one final pull handle will cause three platforms to rise up in a staircase formation, allowing the players to reach to the top of the Goal Pole.
- 10-flower coin 1: Not far in the course, there is a pull handle that causes a yellow pipe to rise up from the sand. It will transport the players to an underground area where they must use another pull handle to lower the sand of the area, revealing the 10-flower coin.
- 10-flower coin 2: Found in another underground area past the first Checkpoint Flag. There is an area above ground that has a pull handle that causes many yellow pipes to rise up. One of these pipes is blue, and it will transport the players to the underground area. There is a Mumsy there, and the coin is near the ceiling. The players can easily grab the coin if they are in Drill Form.
- 10-flower coin 3: Found not far after the second Checkpoint Flag. There is a pull handle that causes an arc of coins to rise up, with the 10-flower coin being in the middle of the arc.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Heave! Ho!" (found in the underground area where the first 10-flower coin is; says repeatedly until the coin is obtained)
- "Way to pull!" (after the 10-flower coin is collected)
- "If you mess with things like that..."
- "you never know WHAT will happen."
- "Zzz..." (close to the Wonder Flower)
- "Gaaah!" (after the Wonder Flower is obtained)
- "What's going on?!"
- "Hi again!" (after the Wonder Effect ends)
- "Intruder!" (on the ceiling of the ancient temple during the Wonder Effect; says repeatedly)
- "Intruder!" (on the ground of the ancient temple during the Wonder Effect; says repeatedly)
- "Who goes there?!" (during the Wonder Effect, in the area with the spike wall)
- "Think you're gonna make it?" (during the Wonder Effect, farther in the spike wall room)
Names in other languages
Tokiakase! Hippari sabaku ni nemuru nazo
|Solve the mystery buried in the pulling desert!
|Pyramide et bouts de ficelle
|Pyramid and pieces of string
|Zug um Zug im Wüstensand
|Step by step in the desert sand