|World||Deep Magma Bog|
|Game||Super Mario Bros. Wonder|
|Wonder Effect||Causes a fossilized Ancient Dragon to come back to life|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
- “Imagine what it would be like for those fossilized dragons to soar freely through the air...”
- —Loading screen tip, Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Dragon Boneyard is a level in Super Mario Bros. Wonder, found in the world Deep Magma Bog. It is unlocked after completing Wavy Ride through the Magma Tube, and completing it unlocks Jet Run II. This level features many Ancient Dragon fossils that spin. This level contains two Wonder Seeds.
The first section of the level has many spinning Ancient Dragon fossils over lava that the player must traverse. Flying overhead are Hakandoru that have coin trails behind them, drop items, or Buzzy Beetle shells. There are solid ground platforms during this section, where Buzzy Beetles roam. At the end of this section is a blue pipe that will take them to the first checkpoint, as well as a high ledge. Over the ledge is a purple pipe that will take the player to an area where a spinning Ancient Dragon fossil with the second 10-flower coin is, as well as an exit pipe that will also lead to the first checkpoint.
Past the first checkpoint is an Ancient Dragon fossil that rolls through a lava cave. The player must use this fossil to help them get through the area. Hakandoru with nothing and Smogrins act as obstacles here. The fossil will eventually roll down a slope of lava, and once the ground is level again there are platforms that the player can stand on. After more Hakandoru and Smogrins, The fossil will eventually stop at solid ground at the end of the passage, where the second checkpoint is.
Beyond the second checkpoint is a motionless fossil with a glowing spot on it. Ground-pounding this spot will cause a Wonder Flower to appear. Touching it will trigger the Wonder Effect which transforms the fossil into a living Ancient Dragon. The player then must ride the Ancient Dragon as it slowly flies in a fixed route, over the Goal Pole and around the stage behind it. This Ancient Dragon can spin and change directions along the way, and can fly into lava, which the player must avoid. Giant Smogrins float along the path and act as obstacles the player must avoid. At the end of the path is a Wonder Seed, and when it's collected, the Wonder Effect will be over. This Wonder Effect also has a time limit of eighty-five seconds. A pipe will pop up nearby, leading the player back to the start of where the Wonder Effect took place, and two spinning Ancient Dragon fossils lead to the goal. Two Hakandoru fly in the player's direction when they are jumping across the fossils. Alternatively, the player can ignore the Wonder Flower and just head for the goal.
- 10-flower coin 1: Inside an Ancient Dragon fossil early on in the level.
- 10-flower coin 2: Inside an Ancient Dragon fossil found in a secret area only reachable through a purple pipe. The players must jump above a ledge in the first part of the level to reach the pipe.
- 10-flower coin 3: Found on a rolling Ancient Dragon fossil past the first checkpoint. An interactive tulip must be activated to make the coin appear.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Yikes!" (at the start of the level)
- "Watch your step..."
- "Here! Take this coin!" (on the Ancient Dragon fossil where the second 10-flower coin is)
- "I'm rooting for you!"
- "Good luck!"
- "Aaaaah!" (when the Ancient Dragon fossil rolls down the lava slope)
- "Such an intriguing fossil..." (close to the fossil where the Wonder Flower is)
- "Wait-" (after the Wonder Flower is collected)
- "Hang on."
- "No waaaay!"
- "Hi, again!" (when the player returns after the Wonder Effect ends)
- "That. Is. AWESOME!" (floating during the Wonder Effect)
Names in other languages
Kodai no Kioku Kaseki Doragon
|Ancient Memories, Fossil Dragons|
|Chinese (Simplified)||古代记忆 化石龙
Gǔdài Jìyì Huàshí Lóng
|Ancient Memories, Fossil Dragons|
|French||Cimetière des dragons||Dragons' graveyard|
|German||Zeugen alter Zeiten||Witnesses of the ancient times|
|Italian||Gli antichi ricordi dei dragoni fossili||The ancient memories of the fossil dragons|
|Portuguese (NOA)||Memórias póstumas de um dragão!||Posthumous memories of a dragon! (reference to the novel The Posthumous Memoirs of Brás Cubas)|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Memórias de dragões antigos||Memories of ancient dragons|
|Spanish||Restos fósiles de viejos dragones||Fossil Remains of Ancient Dragons|