|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|Causes the player to float around freely and summons lightning bolts
|<< Directory of levels >>
Downpour Uproar is a course in Petal Isles of Super Mario Bros. Wonder. As its name suggests, Downpour Clouds are the main obstacle in this course. It is unlocked after clearing Wiggler Race Swimming!. This course houses two Wonder Seeds and has a difficulty of three stars.
The course starts off with a Downpour Cloud to the right, in between two palm trees. There is a Snortoise on the right, while there is a Wow Bud below the cloud that releases a ? Block containing an Elephant Fruit. After another Snortoise and a gentle downhill slope with two red Koopa Troopas at the bottom is a set of Marimba Blocks is a pool of water with some Snortoise and three Downpour Clouds above it. After a pit with green Koopa Paratroopas is another set of Marimba Blocks with red Koopa Troopas nearby, leading to a pool of water with a Downpour Cloud above. After a red Koopa Troopa and a red Koopa Paratroopa is another pool of water on the right that has a tall Downpour Cloud above it that has a green pipe on top which takes the player to the first Checkpoint Flag, and a Long ? Block that contains a Wow Bud that releases more Wow Buds to the top of the Downpour Cloud, releasing coins. Below the Downpour Cloud is a Beacon that emits coins.
The sky starts to transition from a sunny sky to a cloudy sky. A set of Marimba Blocks awaits with a Long ? Block above it that holds an Elephant Fruit. After a jump is another set of Marimba Blocks leading to a large pool with Downpour Clouds moving left and right, as well as some Snortoise and red Koopa Paratroopas. To the right is a tall hill, which can be reached by using the Downpour Cloud next to it or entering a nearby pipe. To the left is a Wow Bud that releases more Wow Buds to the right with the fifth one releasing a 1-Up Mushroom. The player then encounters two dry Wow Buds before some Marimba Blocks that lead to a large pool with three Downpour Clouds above that hold the second Checkpoint Flag, with Snortoise swimming under them.
Above the flag is some Marimba Blocks with the course's Wonder Flower covered in clouds above them. Touching the Wonder Flower sends the player and some red Koopa Troopas flying into spaces whilst encountering many clouds. The player can freely float around while they evade the lightning bolts scattered around the area. There are also several Chibi Flower Coins that spin. There are Super Mushrooms and Super Stars scattered around for the player to collect. The section ends with the Wonder Seed surrounded with moving Chibi Flower Coins. Touching it ends the effect and sends the player back to where the Wonder Flower was. After a ? Block with Brick Blocks next to it is a set of downhill slopes with small bodies of water that hold two Urchins. The third slope leads to a pool of water with a flowing current that takes the player to one last Downpour Cloud before the Goal Pole.
- 10-flower coin 1: Found in a large pit where two green Koopa Paratroopas are located. To the left is a Wow Bud that makes this coin appear.
- 10-flower coin 2: Found below the second set of Marimba Blocks. It can be reached by diving into the pool to the right and swimming through a current, requiring the Dolphin Kick badge or holding a shell to swim through it.
- 10-flower coin 3: It is located inside a sub-area found to the right of the first pool after the first Checkpoint Flag. The sub-area features two Urchins and two Cheep Cheeps swimming towards each other, with this coin being surrounded with coins in a heart shape. This location is a reference to the third Star Coin found in World 4-3 of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Hi!" (found on top of the second palm tree)
- "They say the ocean tastes like tears..." (found on top of the second set of Downpour Clouds)
- "I love the beach so much." (found to the left of the pit with the green Koopa Paratroopas)
- "Having fun?" (found to the right of the second 10-flower coin)
- "Heya!" (found on top of the first Downpour Cloud after the pit)
- "Wanna swim with me?" (found below the last Downpour Cloud before the first checkpoint)
- "Love this swimming hole!"
- "But it's kinda crowded lately..."
- "I'm impressed!" (found near the pipe that leads to the first checkpoint)
- "Go, go, go!" (second time onwards)
- "I heart coins." (found in the sub-area)
- "How about you?"
- "Storm's a brewin'..." (found near the Wonder Flower)
- "Hi, again!" (after collecting the Wonder Seed)
- "Shocking!" (found during the Wonder Effect)
- "My petals..." (found during the Wonder Effect)
- "They're standing on end."
- "What a rush... I LIKE it." (found during the Wonder Effect)
Names in other languages
Arashi no yokan! Doshaburi Kumo de ame nobori
|Premonition of a storm! Going up the rain with Downpour Clouds
|Timeless bad weather
|Schlechtwetterfront mit Sturzregen
|Bad weather front with downpours
|Побережье плакучих облаков
Poberezhye plakuchikh oblakov
|Coast of weeping clouds