|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|Causes semisolid platforms to gain life and move
|<< Directory of levels >> >> >>
Muncher Fields is a course in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. It is found in the Petal Isles and is unlocked after Maw-Maw Mouthful has been completed. This course prominently features large amounts of Munchers that cover a majority of the course. Castle Bowser appears in the background throughout the course until reaching the Goal Pole area. Completion of the course unlocks the following courses:
- Deep Magma Bog Observatory #1 (guarded by a Wonder Packun that requires fifteen Petal Isles Wonder Seeds to get rid of)
- KO Arena Petal Meddle
- Wiggler Race Spelunking!
This course has a difficulty of two stars and houses two Wonder Seeds.
The players start on an area above the ground, which Munchers cover up the entirety of. To avoid the Munchers, the players must use a red pipe that will transport them into the background. There are some Munchers here, as well as pipes that will move downwards if something is on them. There are also Red POW Blocks, which will allow the players to defeat the Munchers and to destroy Brick Blocks. One pipe spawns an endless amount of Red POW Blocks for the players to use. A red pipe close to a wall will take the players back to the foreground, where the Checkpoint Flag is.
Past the Checkpoint Flag is a Piranha Plant, some Nipper Plants and two pipes that contains a Melon Piranha Plant. There is then a Talking Flower found above a glowing spot below a semisolid platform. To get to this glowing spot, the players must Ground Pound a nearby Long ? Block that contains Super Stars to them players to run on top of the Munchers to get to it. Upon Ground Pounding it, the Wonder Flower appears and is immediately obtained. Semisolid platforms will come to life and move around, following the players and helping them to avoid the Munchers. Several semisolid platforms of various sizes will transport the players through the next section, where more Munchers, Nipper Plants and Melon Piranha Plants are. There will eventually be a semisolid platform the does not move, but instead extends up to the sky, transferring the players to the background. A very large semisolid platform, with a smaller one on top of it will get the players to the end of this background section, where the Wonder Seed is. The players must avoid more Munchers on the ceilings, as well as Fire Piranha Plants that attack from above. Once the players get to the end and obtain the Wonder Seed, the Wonder Effect ends. A pipe will then take the players to the Goal Pole, where more Munchers are, both on the ground and on Brick Blocks. A pipe that spawns Red POW Blocks can help the players to defeat the Munchers and reach the Goal Pole safely.
- 10-flower coin 1: Found in the background of the course. To be able to obtain it easily, the players must get rid of the Munchers below it, which will cause the pipes they were on to rise up and allow the coin to be obtained.
- 10-flower coin 2: Can be seen at the beginning of the course, in the foreground. To be able to safely collect it, the players must make some progress in the course to activate an Wow Bud in the background to cause a red pipe to lower from the sky, which will transport the players to the foreground. They can then access a long ? Block and some Wow Buds to obtain Super Stars to allow them to become invincible and safely obtain the coin.
- 10-flower coin 3: At the end of the course, in a secret passage to the left guarded by Minchers, which must be taken out first.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Hey, there's someone back there." (in the foreground not far into the course, when the players are in the background)
- "Yeehaw!" (when the players are invincible, running from the left side of the screen while in the foreground.
- "Look at 'em go." (right next to the previous flower)
- "Go, go, go!" (when the players are invincible, running from the right side of the screen while in the foreground)
- "HrnghhhHHH!" (above a glowing spot where the Wonder Flower is)
- "I can FEEL the powerrrr!"
- "Take me with youuuu!" (during the Wonder Effect)
- "Have a nice ride!" (during the Wonder Effect, on a platform the rises up)
Names in other languages
Yutaka na daichi Pakkun gāden
|Rich earth, Piranha garden
|Im Garten der Piranha-Pflanzen
|In the garden of Piranha Plants