Angry Spikes and Sinkin' Pipes
|Angry Spikes and Sinkin' Pipes|
|Game||Super Mario Bros. Wonder|
|Wonder Effect||Causes Spikes to dance and throw Spike Balls rhythmically|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
The level starts with a row of Marimba Blocks at the bottom, as well as three Spikes scattered throughout. The player then encounters a few platforms with individual Spikes on them, and another row of Marimba Blocks leading to the Checkpoint Flag. A few Piranha Plants then also appear alongside more Spikes and sinking pipes. After a specific Brick Block structure with a ? Block and a Red POW Block, the player can then stand on a sinking pipe with a Talking Flower atop it to fall down and touch the level's Wonder Flower and initiate the "Spikey Dance Number" Wonder Effect, after which they can enter a pipe to return to ground level. They can then jump on a few pipes to reach the Goal Pole.
- 10-flower coin 1: At the end of the initial row of Marimba Blocks, the player must weigh down the next sinking pipe to touch a tulip revealing a pipe. Entering the pipe sends the player to an area in the background with the 10-flower coin.
- 10-flower coin 2: Just before the Checkpoint Flag, on a higher row of Marimba Blocks.
- 10-flower coin 3: The player must stand on a specific sinking pipe to tempt the first Spike after the Checkpoint Flag into taking out another Spike and three Piranha Plants, then touch the tulip they were guarding to spawn the 10-flower coin.
Enemies and obstacles
Talking Flower quotes
- "Score!" (if a Spike Ball hits the level's only glowing spot)
- "That worked out."
- "Love that sound!"
- "Hey!" (after standing on the sinking pipe said Talking Flower is standing on)
- "This pipe—it can't hold us!" (after the sinking pipe sinks further)
- "I warned youuu!" (after falling into the secret area)
- "Huh?" (after Wonder Effect is activated)
- "What's this?"
- "It's kinda catchy!"
- "You ready?"
- "Here we go!"
- "Hehe. That was fun." (after the player obtains the Wonder Seed)
- "Sometimes it's nice to space out." (after idling in the area containing the Wonder Seed)
- "I'm a big fan myself."
- "What's the matter?"
- "You tired or something?"
Names in other languages
Gabon no ajito shizumu dokan no tani
|Spikes' hideout: sinking pipe valley|
|French||Vallée des Spikes||Spike valley|
|German||Spike-Versteck im Senkröhrental||Spikes' hideout in the sinking pipe valley|
|Italian||Spunzi e tubi semoventi||Spikes and moving pipes|
|Portuguese (NOA)||Espigões no vale dos canos que afundam!||Spikes in the sinking pipes valley!|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Espigões e canos afundados||Spikes and sunken pipes|
|Spanish (NOA)||Escupicos entre tuberías inestables||Spikes Among Unstable Pipes|
|Spanish (NOE)||Spikes entre tuberías inestables||Spikes Among Unstable Pipes|