Armads on the Roll
|Armads on the Roll
|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|Speeds up time
|<< Directory of levels >>
- “If you stomp on an Armad, you can then pick it up and send it flying with a swift kick!”
- —Loading screen tip, Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Armads on the Roll is a course in Super Mario Bros. Wonder. It is found in the Sunbaked Desert. This course becomes available after Sunbaked Desert House is cleared. The course if found in the desert area and is hidden. When a player gets close, it will reveal and become available to play. Armads primarily appear in this course. Completion of this course unlocks Break Time! Treasure Vault. The difficulty is three stars, and there are two Wonder Seeds in this course.
The players start in an area where a single Armad is below a long ? Block. Behind the Armad are lots of jars that can be picked up and thrown. Some of the jars contain water, which can be used to refresh wilted Wow Buds and to store some up if in Elephant Form. Most of the course has sand, which limits the players' jump height, unless they are using the Timed High Jump Badge. Along the way, there are cactus platforms, lots of slopes, pipes, a single Green Koopa Paratroopa and more Armads. Cactus platforms can only be destroyed by throwing something at them or by a player in Elephant Form, and some Armads have Coins and/or Flower coins behind them. One Wow Bud on the path will cause a pipe with water gushing out to appear. Before the checkpoint flag is a gap that has hidden long ? Blocks to form a bridge. ? Blocks underneath them propel upwards when struck from below, allowing for them to reveal the long ? Blocks. The checkpoint flag is found right afterwards.
Beyond the checkpoint are Pokeys, sand, jars and cactus platforms. A Wow Bud above two cactus platforms and a Pokey will cause the Wonder Flower to appear close to the ground. Upon collecting the Wonder Flower, time will speed up, causing everything to move faster. After progressing more through the course and getting past more Pokeys and Armads, the players will find the Wonder Seed, and upon collecting it, time will return to normal speed. Beyond the Wonder Seed is a pipe that spawns Armads, with the Goal Pole behind it.
- 10-flower coin 1: Early on in the stage, there is a floating Wow Bud floating high above the sand. To activate it, the player must either jump high enough or use an Armad to throw at it. After the Wow Bud is activated, another one will appear to the right of the original. If the new Wow Bud is activated, another will appear. After five Wow Buds have been activated, the 10-flower coin will appear.
- 10-flower coin 2: Close to the first Green Koopa Paratroopa are two Brick Blocks. One of them breaks, while the other contains a Propeller Flower. This Propeller Flower takes the players to a secret area where climbable vines and the 10-flower coin are.
- 10-flower coin 3: In an underground area only accessible via a pipe after the checkpoint. To get the 10-flower coin however, the players must destroy the cactus platforms blocking it, either by using their trunk while in Elephant Form, or by using the Armads that appear from a pipe in the area.
Talking Flower quotes
- "All this sand..." (on a ramp looking into the background)
- "Why here? Why me?"
- "*hoarse* So...thirsty." (close to a dried up Wow Bud past the checkpoint)
- "*sigh* My roots are happy!" (after being refreshed with water)
- "It's hot out here!" (After breaking a cactus it was in)
- "It was so cool in there…"
- "Feel that breeze. Still hot though."
- "*sped up* Is it just me, or do I sound weird?" (during the Wonder Effect)
- "Come back soon..." (near the area with the Goal Pole)
- "*sped up* Fix me!" (During the Wonder Effect)
- "Whew! Back to normal!" (after the Wonder Seed is collected)
- "I like life on the slow side."
Names in other languages
Soko noke Majirō no sanpo michi
|Outshining Armads' promenade
|Step Aside Armads' Promenade
|Déboulement de Tatoumis
|Bahn frei für die Armad-Bande!
|Make way for the Armad gang!