Pole Block Passage
|Pole Block Passage
|Super Mario Bros. Wonder
|Causes Pole Blocks to extend in various shapes
|<< Directory of levels >>
Pole Block Passage is a course in Fluff-Puff Peaks of Super Mario Bros. Wonder. As its name suggests, the course contains many Pole Blocks. It is unlocked after clearing Condarts Away! and clearing it unlocks Break Time! Cloud Cover. This course houses two Wonder Seeds and has a difficulty of two stars.
The course starts off in a vertically-oriented area filled with red Koopa Paratroopas and red Koopa Troopas, with a ? Block and a vertical Pole Block on the right. Upwards is some Semisolid Platforms, some horizontal Pole Blocks, a Beacon, and a Wow Bud. The top Semisolid Platform holds a vertical Pole Block allowing the player to go further up to a section with more horizontal Pole Blocks. A third vertical Pole Block takes the player to a yellow Warp Pipe, while there is a Long Hidden Block on the right with a 1-Up Mushroom inside.
The pipe leads to the Checkpoint Flag, and the orientation is now horizontal. To the right is a Brick Block and a ? Block next to each other before a semisolid platform above a Wow Bud. A horizontal Pole Block near two red Koopa Paratroopas allows the player to travel across a long pit before a horizontal Pole Block with a Brick Block to the right and a yellow pipe that sends out red Koopa Troopas. By activating this Pole Block, the player can reach a Brick Block and some Hidden Blocks next to it with one of them containing a 1-Up Mushroom. After a horizontal Pole Block with a Hidden Character Block visible to Luigi above it that contains a flower coin, the player reaches a semisolid platform below three Brick Blocks and a bridge, with two yellow pipes on the right. Three semisolid platforms follow before a yellow pipe and a set of semisolid platforms, with the third one featuring a Pole Block with diagonal stripes; by hitting this block, the Wonder Flower appears and automatically causes the Pole Block to extend and bend around many red Koopa Paratroopas. Two more Pole Blocks that extend similar to it lead to a Wow Bud that causes three Poles to appear that extend and retract, and above them are five moving Wonder Tokens and two sets of two Pole Blocks that extend into various shapes as the player goes near them. After collecting all five Wonder Tokens, the Wonder Seed appears on top of the last shape, and collecting it ends the effect and returns the player back to where the special Pole Block was. Three more horizontal Pole Blocks above a long pit follow before the Goal Pole.
- 10-flower coin 1: Found to the left of the third vertical Pole Block.
- 10-flower coin 2: Found next to a wall after the pipe that sends out red Koopa Troopas.
- 10-flower coin 3: Found in a sub-area. There is a yellow pipe above the section with the three Brick Blocks and the bridge with a horizontal Pole Block near it. The sub-area contains some red Koopa Troopas and Koopa Paratroopas and two vertical Pole Blocks that help the player reach a semisolid platform holding this coin.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Quite the climb, huh?" (near the yellow pipe to the Checkpoint Flag)
- "Way to climb!" (near the second 10-flower coin)
- "This block looks...different." (near the Pole Block containing the Wonder Flower)
- "Wow!" (when the Wonder Effect starts)
- "Hi, again!" (after the Wonder Effect ends)
- "Don't worry about me!" (found during the Wonder Effect)
- "Keep climbing!"
Names in other languages
Nobase! Pōru pōru pōru
|Stretch! Poles, poles, poles
|Extend poles, poles poles
|Perched ascent; pun on perche ("pole")
|Von Pfahl zu Pfahl
|From pole to pole