Wiggler Race Mountaineering!
|Game||Super Mario Bros. Wonder|
|<< Directory of levels >> >> >> >> >> >>|
- “Wiggler Race! Hold and move to dash! Reach the goal before the Racing Wiggler!”
- —Starting message, Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Wiggler Race Mountaineering! is a Wiggler Race level located in Pipe-Rock Plateau of Super Mario Bros. Wonder. It can be unlocked by completing Badge House in Pipe-Rock Plateau and its own completion unlocks the following courses:
- Swamp Pipe Crawl
- Angry Spikes and Sinkin' Pipes
- Bulrush Express
- Badge Challenge Wall-Climb Jump I
- Pipe-Rock Plateau Palace
- KO Arena Pipe-Rock Rumble
This level requires the player to reach the goal at the end before the Racing Wiggler does. The beginning of the level has a Bubble containing a Super Mushroom and a gate that will open after a three-second countdown, which starts the race. The race starts with a few trees and a single Erin, followed by a long Zip Track and some slopes with more Erins. Past these is the first bridge made up of Marimba Blocks and a section with more trees alongside some Beeswax Blocks and Spike Traps. A large Beeswax Block can be destroyed using the elephant or fire forms for a shortcut. After this is a single Skedaddler and another bridge made of Marimba Blocks followed by more Zip Tracks, including some that the player can grab from underneath. A final Zip Track placed diagonally appears right before the goal, after which the Wiggler will reward the player with a Wonder Seed if they reached the goal before it.
Talking Flower quotes
- "Wow, zippy!" (at the first Zip Track)
- "You got this!"
- "Go, go, go!" (at the first Marimba Block bridge)
- "Dash, dash!"
- "You got this!" (at the first Marimba Block bridge)
- "Zooooom!" (at the second Marimba Block bridge)
- "You can do it!"
- "Look at you go!" (at the second Marimba Block bridge)
- "Dash, dash!"
- "Woooooo!" (at the last Zip Track section)
- "Hurry! Hurry!"
- "Woo-hoo!" (next to the goal if the player wins the race)
- "Ohhh! Give it another go, eh?" (if the player loses the race)
The second quote of every Talking Flower is said if the player gets too far behind the Wiggler. Additionally, a set of three flowers appears throughout the level cheering on the player. One of these flowers can also be heard cheering on the Wiggler at the start of the race. If the player is losing the race, the other flowers may give them a Super Star to help catch up with the Wiggler.
Names in other languages
|Crossing a hill, crossing a mountain|
Fān shānyuè lǐng Huā Máomáo sài jū
|Crossing the mountains and ridges, the Wiggler race|
|Dutch||Over berg en dal||Over mountain and valley|
|French||Rallye champêtre||Rural rally|
|German||Über Stock und Stein||Over Hills and Valleys|
|Italian||Su e giù per le colline||Up and down on the hills|
|Korean||산 넘고 언덕 넘어! 꽃충이 레이스
San neomgo eondeog neom-eo! Kkochchung-i leiseu
|Over the mountains and over the hills! Wiggler Race|
|Portuguese (NOA)||Corra pelas colinas!||Run through the hills!|
|Russian||по горам, по долам!
po goram, po dolam!
|Over the mountains, over the valleys!|