|Wario Land 3 (2000)
The Pesce is a boss who appears in Wario Land 3. It is the ninth boss whom Wario confronts in the Bank of the Wild River. Its name comes from "pesce," the Italian word for fish. The Pesce resembles both a large piranha fish and a mouse.
When Wario is underwater, the Pesce will attempt to catch Wario with its mouth when it is facing towards Wario. If it catches Wario this way, it will move towards the current and spit out Wario, ejecting him out of the arena until he hits the wall in the previous area. Touching Pesce on any side will stun Wario momentarily without being ejected. If Wario is outside water, Pesce won't chase him. Above the water, there is a dragonfly that can be used as a platform for Wario to stand on. Occasionally, a fly will fly above the dragonfly and carry cheese. Wario must bump into the fly to drop the cheese into the water, and if Pesce sees the cheese, it will eat it and become bigger. After Pesce eats three blocks of cheese, it will become overweight and sink to the bottom, plugging the hole that the current is flowing through to block the fast-moving current that affects previous room. A dragonfly will fly up and down to allow Wario to go back to the previous room, where he can reach the then-unreachable Green Chest containing a Statue.
Names in other languagesEdit
|Fat Mouse or Fat Mouth
- Nintendo Power Volume 133, page 65. "Use the Super Swim to get to the far right of the level. Feed the mouse-fish cheese to make it stop the current so you can reach the Blue Chest."
- Brady, Matthew K., Nathan Beittenmiller, Debra McBride, and David Cassady. Game Boy Game Secrets, 2001 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 96. "Start by using your Super Swim to get to the far right of the level, where you’ll have to climb and jump across vines to grab the key. After getting the Green Key, head to the right and defeat the mouse-fish by feeding it cheese. This stops the current so you can climb up to the left. Jump onto the fly and let it carry you back to the ladder you descended. Climb up, head left, and then go down to eventually find the chest."
- Official American Wario Land 3 website
- Wario Land 3: Fushigi na Orgel Shogakukan guide, page 126.
- Official Wario Land 3 website (Guías Nintendo)