User talk:Toadette the Achiever
- SIDE NOTE: Some forum talk is allowed, as long as it specifically counts toward improving pages, edits, and/or behavior. Thank you. ToadettetheAchiever
|Talk page archives
- 1 That can be found...
- 2 RE: Super Mario Party notability
- 3 Gold Pass exclusive karts
- 4 Re: New sponsor?
- 5 Rabbit
- 6 RE:Super Mario Maker 2 official courses
- 7 Levelbox parameters for Minion Quest and Bowser Jr.'s Journey enemy squad levels
- 8 BBQ Turtie
- 9 Warning
- 10 Checking In
- 11 About Fly
- 12 Temple of the Triforce
- 13 RE: New York Minute
- 14 SMM2 / Merry Christmas
- 15 Copy-pasting information
- 16 Re:Ninji Speedrun
- 17 RE: ON/OFF Conveyor Belt
That can be found...
The link to RFA is not a subpage, but rather a section of my main page, and can be found under User:Trig Jegman#Terminology instead of [[User:Trig Jegman/Terminology]]. Trig - 16:26, October 19, 2019 (EDT)
RE: Super Mario Party notability
I'm not sure what you mean by "notability" but if you want my opinion (since I'm not very familiar with the game my judgements might be a bit clouded but anyway):
- Sceptical on this one. They're the same boards with the layouts and events changed to accommodate for the open-ended gameplay, but I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant a split.
- In the same way Challenge Road's worlds have their own articles, I agree.
- Yes, they are different, and on top of that its Japanese name is completely different (ドッキリマス Dokkirimasu which loosely means "surprise" or "prank"); however, what exactly made you split VS Space from Minigame Space? You didn't get a response from the talk page, and the same information is on both pages.
- That doesn't answer why you did it in the first place. You should have gotten some consensus first before going ahead with a split. The same should go for this Bad Luck/Unlucky one, and it should be more than just one or two others. And after looking into the River Survival mode a bit more, I'm finding them dissimilar to the Challenge Road worlds and I don't think these small paths are worth separating into their own pages (especially considering, unlike Challenge Road, the minigames are always randomised). This is why I'm suggesting proposals for each one, not just for the boards. M JC 21:25, October 23, 2019 (EDT)
Gold Pass exclusive karts
The Gold Pass exclusive karts in Mario Kart Tour are no distinct karts in the sense that they need an own page. Some of them appear in older Mario Kart games as well, where they do not have their own name. The relation between the "re-colored" karts and their "prototypes" is exactly the same as the relation between the "dressed" drivers and their "prototypes". They do not have their own page either. Tomoto17 (talk) 04:53, November 5, 2019 (EST)
In my opinion, Toad (Pit Crew) differs from the other dressed drivers in the facts that Toads are a species while Peach, Mario and Rosalina are just individuals, and the Pit Crew suit is a general suit, while all the other suits are Tour-related. Whether or not Toad (Pit Crew) will get his own button will determine if he should get his own page. Tomoto17 (talk) 04:53, November 5, 2019 (EST)
Re: New sponsor?
No, that's one of the new ones, there are a couple of new ones in Mario Kart Tour (Off the top of my head I know that there's also a Bowser computer company, MES and the Racer's drinks), and I'll get around to making the article for those soon, I'm quite busy at the moment so I haven't had the time just yet. Thanks for the stuff that you've been doing for the Mario Kart Tour sponsors, that'll really help me out when I get around to adding some more to the articles. :) BBQ Turtle (talk) 13:34, November 20, 2019 (EST)
I can understand the Beetle (character) move, but I don't think Rabbit (character) is clear. The Rabbits in Super Mario 64 DS and Super Mario Odyssey can also be regarded as characters. 16:38, November 20, 2019 (EST)
- Sure, but they don't need a name to be very obviously seen as a rabbit. They talk to the player and are active in the games, so they are by all definitions a character. They are referred to as simply "rabbits" in the manual, I think. tbf, I missed the mark on the ones in Odyssey, they don't talk to anyone it seems like. My point is, "Rabbit (character)" can refer to more than just the one in Donkey Kong 64. 17:31, November 20, 2019 (EST)
RE:Super Mario Maker 2 official courses
Hey there! Why, yes, I do know of some official Nintendo courses in Course World, such as one with the Superball Flower. I can help you with anything you need regarding that. THE MANSION 22:13, November 25, 2019 (EST)
I have added the current official courses for both NintendoJP (Japan) and NintendoUS (US). All of the US courses are there, while there are some Japan courses missing because I couldn't translate them from Japanese symbols to English. 641-9CJ-J9G is a course ID for NintendoUS, and 6GV-3YY-7QF is a course ID for NintendoJP. If you need help with anything else or if you can help me with some of the other courses, please let me know! THE MANSION 19:02, November 28, 2019 (EST)
Levelbox parameters for Minion Quest and Bowser Jr.'s Journey enemy squad levels
Hey. I just wanted to remind you that since there's an enemy squad level for all levels in both Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser and Bowser Jr.'s Journey, I decided to add a parameter for the squad level that's featured in the game. Once again, I just wanted to let you know about my change on the Levelbox template since I get nervous whenever I do a major change to something on this wiki...
While I appreciate you looking out for others, there's no need to make possibly impersonating accounts just so we can block them. That is actually a violation of our rules, as it falls under duplicate accounts. If someone makes a impersonating account (which has happened before, even to me, but that's beside the point), just report them and let us deal with it. 14:09, December 7, 2019 (EST)
- Yeah, I know you were trying to help, which is why I didn't warn you for it. But it's more trouble than it's worth, one variant of the name isn't going to stop anyone. "BB0 Turtle", "BBQ Tvrtle", or even "33Q Tirtle" are all possibilities. It is also possible someone comes up with a similar name and doesn't know about the staff member, and thus no hostility. There are several members with "Alex##" that were created both before and after me (though, granted, it's a popular name choice, it seems), so we really just treat each account on a case-by-case basis before determining what should happen with them. 20:44, December 7, 2019 (EST)
|This is a warning to stop your inappropriate behavior (handing out undeserved reminders) on the Super Mario Wiki. Please adhere to the rules or you will be blocked from editing this site.|
If this warning was not issued by an administrator and you feel it was undeserved, you may appeal it.
Your "second reminders", as well as this noticeboard report, could have been avoided if you had closely examined the circumstances surrounding the "issue" first. The former in particular, handing out a reminder based on the redirect being "seemingly" invalid or something you're not sure about is entirely unacceptable, when the better course of action would have been simply to ask where it came from. Be more careful when issuing reminders/warnings next time. M JC 07:57, December 11, 2019 (EST)
How's it going with the Super Mario Maker 2 official Course World levels? I have been working on some articles for Ninji Speedruns. As always, let me know if you need help with anything, and I will let you know if you can help me. I can upload images to those NintendoUS and NintendoJP pages, if you'd like. THE MANSION 15:33, December 13, 2019 (EST)
- I have just checked and refreshed, and it doesn't look that way. I'm not sure how the Ninji Speedrun release dates work...I will check again tomorrow. THE MANSION 22:12, December 13, 2019 (EST)
Temple of the Triforce
Excellent work on that Super Mario Maker 2 level Temple of the Triforce. I tried doing it myself, but I found it confusing and complicated for me. I'm glad someone finished it. Still waiting on that Ninji Speedruns level...there is another project for SMM2 I hope to start soon. THE MANSION 15:54, December 16, 2019 (EST)
- I will do that. I could only find videos for NintendoJP and NintendoUS on the internet. However, I do have a switch account. THE MANSION 11:50, December 18, 2019 (EST)
RE: New York Minute
- There doesn't need to be a proposal. I'm surprised Vanilla Lake hasn't even been created yet. M JC 19:07, December 19, 2019 (EST)
SMM2 / Merry Christmas
I was able to finish those three levels, although one or two of them could use a look-over. It feels so good to finish. I definitely won't be playing anymore Nintendo official levels anytime soon, although I will continue to write articles for Ninji Speedruns courses, as well as look over already finished Super Mario Maker 2 levels and fix them up a bit. Merry Christmas! What do you plan to work on? THE MANSION 21:47, December 25, 2019 (EST)
|Please stop making unconstructive edits on the Super Mario Wiki. This isn't a warning, and it's possible that you made a mistake by accident or without realizing it; this is simply a reminder for your information. If the action continues, then a warning will be issued. Thanks for reading and keep contributing.|
If this reminder was not issued by an administrator and you feel it was undeserved, you may appeal it.
This is something I tried to bring to your attention in this edit summary. When you write about a new subject, you have a tendency to take the wording as-is from a page that describes a similar concept and simply apply it onto your new page. In some cases, such as the Banana Barrels or kadomatsu pages (both of which were created by you), copying information from similarly-working subjects (Mushroom Cannon and Festive tree respectively) can easily lend to mistakes, apart from being a lazy practice and giving the reader unpleasant deja vu. Case in point, you seemed to assume that since kadomatsu have basically the same purpose of festive trees in Mario Kart Tour, this must mean that they share all the tid-bits apart from appearance. Well...
- they don't shake when hit, they jump up in the air
- saying that at least one kadomatsu was added in every course of the New Year's Tour is technically correct; however, the phrasing worked better for the festive tree since there were visibly fewer in each course due to their large size, whereas kodomatsu are smaller and always found in large numbers (from what I could see myself). It's important to make a clear image in the reader's head beyond, something which I admit I'm not perfect at but I always try to do.
Remember that some pages, such as those on Mario Kart Tour karts and gliders, may indeed communicate their information better through a formula, simply because they don't have much going for them individually--essentially, "this is a [thing] in Mario Kart Tour, is classified as a [class], and gives you [that] when you use it". I myself have done this in this past, so I'm not saying that you should stop the practice entirely. But you have to know when it's appropriate to copy and paste information and when it's not. You are a hard worker with good intentions, so I hope you will receive what I wrote with positive thoughts that you can improve your writing style. -- -- 14:22, January 1, 2020 (EST)
Just checked the notifications. No new speedruns yet...but you can now upload a max of 100 courses instead of 64, so that's something. I will check again at 8:00 tonight - I think that's usually when they are uploaded. THE MANSION 19:14, January 7, 2020 (EST)
- 8:00 - I'll have to remember that. Thanks for letting me know. I will continue to write articles for new Ninji Speedruns, if that is all right with you. I look forward to helping you with future projects. THE MANSION 20:11, January 8, 2020 (EST)