Scrooge200's Talk Page Archives
Welcome to my talk page! I'll reply to messages as soon as I can, and feel free to remind me if I've forgotten anything.
Would you happen to know if any new characters, settings, or features were added to any of the three Super Mario 3D All-Stars collections? I have played through half of each and they just feel like ports. The Mansion 21:18, September 26, 2020 (EDT)
- Good point. For now, I'll be working on the suggestions from you and Archivist Toadette, such as Host Snifit, Tangerino Grill waiter, Green Energy Plant researcher, Bridge expert, Port Prisma barista, Bloo Bay Beach barista, etc. Sound good? The Mansion 21:27, September 26, 2020 (EDT)
Maybe it could be a section on the quotes page with seperate sections like:
- Well, I guess we can do it if someone starts a project like that. I have
a few onetwo from memory: "Guard, you fool!" That one appears in basically every battle during the enemy's turn. The other one is "Who likes mushrooms? ME!" (Said whenever the player uses a mushroom) -- 12:45, October 14, 2020 (EDT)
- Heh, I remember that, too. Some of them are specific toward bosses while others are for a generic enemy or when Mario uses a certain item or weapon. The Mansion 12:48, October 14, 2020 (EDT)
Just thought I'd tell you we have a template like your talk archive one already at Template:Talkarchive. I'm not sure if having a template similar to one already exists would be a userspace violation (like what we did with the user-created welcome templates way back when), but just letting you know. 17:03, October 25, 2020 (EDT)
- I think it's similar to the status message I have on my userpage, so I think it's fine for now. 17:14, October 25, 2020 (EDT)
As I've been focusing on Super Mario Sunshine for some time now, I thought I'd finish up the miscellaneous section while waiting on the verdict for the more minor locations. I've referred to the Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia for ones I may have missed, such as Skelefloor and Turbo doors, while making sure to mark them as conjectural. The encyclopedia also lists some other items I'm interested in, although some seem more necessary than others. Mind if I go through some of them with you and get your perspective on the matter? The Mansion 17:06, October 25, 2020 (EDT)
These are the ones in the encyclopedia I would even consider. Added my own suggestions and to what extent I feel they would justify.
- Bickering Piantas - Two squabbling Piantas often found around Delfino Plaza - actually not in the encyclopedia but suggested by Keyblade Master. I did find them at one point toward the end of the game just before the flood, after which they seem to disappear. I'm certain they can be found in other places around the plaza before this and will happily look into it.
- Beach restaurant Piantas - Yes, these are actually defined as characters, but there's absolutely nothing to differentiate them from the others, and since this does come from the encyclopedia, the very limited information that's there might actually be entirely false - such as the claim that they are married, running a shop with their children - unidentified. I suggest we skip this one.
- Isle Delfino Police Chief - As it would, the chief of Isle Delfino Police. This information is already on the article along with the rookie (see below) - he plays a big part at the beginning of the game and just sort of hangs around the police station after that. Throughout most of the game he mistakenly believes Mario is the culprit and seems to shake this off toward the end.
- Isle Delfino Police Rookie - The Isle Delfino Police rookie, always found next to the chief. I believe he actually has no dialogue unless spoken to, and is also under the idea Mario is the culprit. He's described as a rookie and a worrier here. Maybe, but most of this information can already be found on the aforementioned article.
- Ukulele Pianta - A Pianta in Ricco Harbor playing a happy, simple tune. There is another one of him throughout Pianta Village claiming to be his twin brother. Perhaps, although I would advise against articles for recurring characters who don't contribute or add much to the game overall, especially without anything to distinguish them.
- Dune Buddy - Currently a redirect, so this one is uncertain. He is found in Gelato Beach providing information on the Dune Buds, and if I recall, he also informs Mario of the hatching of the Sand Bird egg later on.
- Shell flautist - He plays in Pinna Park in front of the Buckies as well as "other places around Isle Delfino" - though I'll have to do some research with this one.
- Pinna Park worker - A blue Noki at the entrance of the park, usually telling Mario about whatever new or updated attraction they have there. Unlikely.
- Mommy Noki - So, this one is a bit interesting. The encyclopedia claims she may be the wife of the Noki grandson, who is important enough to have his own article. She is found at the start of both Noki Bay and Pinna Park in a very specific episode, though she'll still be easy to track down. I'll then see if anything she says is actually important information.
- Boathouse owner - Part of the Raccoon page - he owns the boathouse and gives Mario 24 Shine Sprites for 240 Blue Coins.
- Mudboat shack owner - Another raccoon who "owns" the mudboat rental shack in Noki Bay. Mudboats normally cost 90,000 (?) coins to rent, but he gives Mario a lease for free.
The only other ones excluding these are the items and obstacles, although there actually aren't that many to note. I think I'll leave it at this for now and see what you think. Thank you! The Mansion 19:40, October 25, 2020 (EDT)
Hey, can you look into this user's Origami King-related edits? I'm skeptical of French names for the Paper Macho Bob-omb and Lava Bubble. I presume match with equivalent Fr data. (And if it's not too much trouble, can you add other languages for the internal strings so this doesn't happen again?) LinkTheLefty (talk) 15:41, November 17, 2020 (EST)
- Appreciated. Sorry to trouble, but can you glance over the other edits with the glossary file when you get a chance? I caught other errors this user made, I suspect while referencing YouTube titles but not the videos themselves. Also, can you please add names for 100-Coin and the Paper Macho Goomba Outlaw and Spike Outlaw since I forgot about them? LinkTheLefty (talk) 11:17, November 18, 2020 (EST)
Hello, can you upload a game screenshot of the trio confronting the two Kameks from Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam to this game's gallery?
You have already uploaded 2 images to the gallery, but what about the only picture that I said?
I want a picture of the trio confronting the two Kameks from Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam in this game's gallery.
Do you still remember me? We've played Skribbl.io and made several WarioWare Gold edits together in 2019. --Tent2 16:47, February 3, 2021 (EST)
Basin in Paper Jam
Do you know?
Host Snifit quotes
Great job with the Host Snifit quotes. Sorry I haven't responded yet to the quotes program you recommended about - five months ago - I've been busy with a few other things at the moment. I have, however, also been writing quote pages for games I find necessary, such as Super Princess Peach. Do you know of any others? Thanks. The Mansion 14:31, April 28, 2021 (EDT)
- I was referring to articles for games with plenty of quotes that don't have quote pages. See Super Princess Peach. However, I've also been working on the already existing pages for Mario Party 2 and Mario Party DS. The Mansion 15:14, April 28, 2021 (EDT)
Origami King enemy statistics
This is something I'm mainly asking out of curiosity, but is the name "Whistle Snifit" present in Origami King's data as well? As far as I'm aware, we're using that to refer to the Snifits who blow whistles in the cafe with Birdo. Keyblade Master 16:33, May 11, 2021 (EDT)
Re: Music themes
Thank you for the information. I've added everything but the Green Energy Plant tracks to the lists. Although this might be splitting hairs, I can't tell at the moment whether those were just rerendered with audio filters, which I'm not sure the rendition criteria would cover, or also have new instruments layered on top. (Thankfully, most of the themes in question happen to be eligible for articles regardless.) AgentMuffin (talk) 07:59, May 17, 2021 (EDT)
Re: Kersti's advice again
Hey Scrooge, I had to head out for work earlier but now just letting you know I downloaded the file. Thanks a lot for the assistance, I'll definitely acknowledge you in the page history when I make the article.