|Name: BBQ Turtle|
|Birthday: 28th June|
|Favourite Game: Mario Kart 8|
|Favourite Characters: Princess Daisy, Shy Guy and Nabbit|
|Least Favourite Characters: Baby Peach, Baby Rosalina, Baby Daisy, MC Ballyhoo and Pink Gold Peach|
|BBQ Turtle's Userbox Tower|
Hi! I'm BBQ Turtle, and I really love the Mario franchise. I may be slightly-sort-of-kind-of obsessed. I edit just about anything that I know something (Or, in the case of Candy Kong, basically nothing) about and am usually on spelling and grammar police patrol. I was promoted to a patroller on 27th July 2018, and once again to an administrator on 12th December 2019, so if you want to ask me anything, feel free and I'll try my best to answer.
Aside from that, you will usually find me going nuts about sponsors from Mario Kart and other minor subjects like the Buses and Glide Ramps. I pop up on the boards from time to time as well if you want to catch me there, under the exact same username, and I'm also on the Discord at times too. Other than that, I don't really buzz round the internet much, but if you want to see some more of my Mario-related art, you can check out my Deviant Art page, where I use the same (But slightly reformatted) Username: BBQ-Turtle.
Just a little note: I'm British, so I'm 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you're wondering why I haven't replied to something or why I am editing the Wiki at stupid o'clock in the morning, that'll be why. I also apologise if I use British spellings- My American's not brilliant, but I'll try my best.
Plans for editing
Please note: This list is roughly in the order I intend to do it, so I don't mind if you want to take on any of the later projects. Just don't you dare take my sponsor work. :P
- Clean up the Mario & Sonic coverage
- Sort out sponsors for Mario Kart Tour
- Cover the brands that appear in Yoshi's Crafted World
- Create a page for the Enterplay Super Mario Dog Tags series
- Create and add to pages about other merchandise which I own some of
- Work on missing Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber information
Mario & Sonic coverage changes
This is a rough plan of how I intend to go about cleaning up the coverage of the Mario & Sonic series, but it may change if I get any volunteers to help (hint, hint). This is just for reference and also so you can get a rough idea of my progress at any given time, but please note, this will be a very slow process, and the order may be subject to change.
- I'm planning on creating the remaining event pages for 2010 Wii, 2014, 2016 Wii U (Currently being covered by Doomhiker (talk)) and 2020 Switch (Currently being covered by Power Flotzo (talk)) on a more occasional schedule. I can't do anything about 2016 Arcade as it was never released in the UK and I haven't seen any imported cabinets like Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, and I don't believe that 2020 Arcade's coming here either and I don't know if I'd even be able to find it if it did, but I'm trying to set up some structure for anyone who can do it.
- I'll work through each game making the articles in the order that they appear on the navigation templates (the in-game order), I'll use as much as possible from existing articles but a lot of it is going to have to be changed and/or written in the first place.
- Once all of the separate articles for an event with an existing page are made, I'll turn the original page into a disambiguation page, so no information is lost and at least the current level of coverage is upheld at all times for the events.
- Links in the navigation template and any obvious ones that I find as I'm editing will be changed immediately, but those in more obscure places and redirects are unlikely to be changed until I can use "What links here" on the disambiguation page. If you find any going to the wrong place, I'd really appreciate it if you could change them.
- Some of the harder to find information will be added at a later date, such as missions, challenges and bonus mode stuff. The articles when first created will at least contain controls and gameplay plus easy to obtain information.
- My next stop for regular article creation is the 2012 3DS story mode episodes, followed up by the rest of 3DS 2012. It's my favourite of the games so I'm more likely to be patient and sit through it to create some good framework to base all of the other games' stuff on.
Stuff I've done that I'm actually quite proud of
- Covered all of the sponsors stuff that I possibly can up to Mario Kart Tour.
- Completely reorganised and cleaned up Spiked Ball and Cycling
- De-stubbed Mushroom Park and Haunted Trail
- Rewrote and expanded Candy Kong and Perry's articles, despite never having played a game with either of them in
- Car (obstacle)
- Cargo truck
- Dash panel ramp truck
- Surfboard vehicle
- Glide Ramp
- Boo Space
- Vertical dash panel
- Antigravity Panel
- Canoe Sprint 1000m
- 100m (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii)
- Archery (class)
- Ring (Mario Kart series)
- Raving Piranha Plant
- All of the Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Nintendo 3DS) event pages
- All of the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS) event pages
- All of the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) event pages
- All of the Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo 3DS) event pages
- All of the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo DS) event pages
- A whole lot of disambiguation pages to accompany the event pages
- Created and implemented Template:M&SATROG and Template:M&SEpisode-infobox
Friend User Box
This is my friend User Box, please ask me before you take it, it's not nice to steal. I will probably say yes, especially if you've given me a hand, no matter how small, at any point. (: |-