|Name: BBQ Turtle|
|Birthday: 28th June|
|Favourite Game: Mario Kart 8|
|Favourite Characters: Princess Daisy, Toadette, Shy Guy, Wendy and Nabbit|
|Least Favourite Characters: Baby Peach, Baby Rosalina, Baby Daisy, MC Ballyhoo and Pink Gold Peach|
|BBQ Turtle's Userbox Tower|
Hi! I'm BBQ Turtle, and I really love the Mario Franchise. I may be slightly-sort-of-kind-of obsessed. I edit just about anything that I know something (Or, in the case of Candy Kong, basically nothing) about and am usually on spelling and grammar police patrol. I was promoted to a patroller on 27th July 2018, so if you want to ask me anything, feel free and I'll try my best to answer.
Aside from that, you will usually find me going nuts about sponsors from Mario Kart and other minor subjects like the Buses and Glide Ramps. I pop up on the boards from time to time as well if you want to catch me there, under the exact same username, and I'm also on the Discord at times too. Other than that, I don't really buzz round the internet much, but if you want to see some more of my Mario-related art, you can check out my Deviant Art page, where I use the same (But slightly reformatted) Username: BBQ-Turtle.
Just a little note: I'm British, so I'm 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you're wondering why I haven't replied to something or why I am editing the Wiki at stupid o'clock in the morning, that'll be why. I also apologise if I use British spellings- My American's not brilliant, but I'll try my best.
"Evil" plans for editing
(Please note: These plans are not actually evil and do not have malicious intent. For some reason (I no longer know why) I call regular plans "Evil plans" and actual evil plans "Plans". Be worried if I write "Plans". :P) Also note: This list is roughly in the order I intend to do it, so I don't mind if you want to take on any of the later projects. Just don't you dare take my sponsor work. :P
- Clean up the Mario & Sonic coverage
- Create a page for the Enterplay Super Mario Dog Tags series
- Create and add to pages about other merchandise which I own some of
Mario & Sonic event coverage changes
This is a rough plan of how I intend to go about cleaning up the coverage of Mario & Sonic events, but it may change if I get any volunteers to help (hint, hint). This is just for reference and also so you can get a rough idea of my progress at any given time, but please note, this will be a very slow process, and the order may be subject to change.
- I'm planning on creating event pages in the order of 2012 3DS, 2008 DS, 2016 3DS, 2010 DS, 2012 Wii, 2008 Wii, 2016 Wii U, 2010 Wii, and, if I've managed to get hold of it by then, 2014 Wii U. I can't do anything about 2016 Arcade as it was never released in the UK and I haven't seen any imported cabinets like Mario Kart Arcade GP DX. When I get to 2016 3DS, I'm going to attempt to make a navigation template for Rio 2016.
- A recent change in events has led to a slight change of plan that means that my idea of trying to create 2012 Wii and 3DS articles at the same time will have to change. I won't have as much access to the console games as I thought I would until about January, so those will be much slower coming, but I'll use what time I have to get them done sooner rather than later. The order will still remain the same though.
- I'll work through each game making the articles in the order that they appear on the navigation templates, I'll use as much as possible from existing articles but a lot of it is going to have to be changed or written in the first place.
- Once all of the separate articles for an event with an existing page are made, I'll turn the original page into a disambiguation page, so no information is lost and at least the current level of coverage is upheld at all times for the events.
- Links in the navigation template and any obvious ones that I find as I'm editing will be changed immediately, but those in more obscure places and redirects are unlikely to be changed until I can use "What links here" on the disambiguation page. If you find any going to the wrong place, I'd really appreciate it if you could change them.
- Some of the harder to find information will be added at a later date, such as missions, challenges and London Party stuff. The articles when first created will at least contain controls and gameplay plus easy to obtain information.
- After the events, my next planned stop is the 2012 3DS story mode episodes, followed up by the rest of 3DS 2012. It's my favourite of the games so I'm more likely to be patient and sit through it to create some good framework to base all of the other games' stuff on.
Stuff I've done that I'm actually quite proud of
- Covered all of the sponsors stuff that I possibly can.
- Completely reorganised and cleaned up Spiked Ball
- De-stubbed Mushroom Park and Haunted Trail
- Rewrote and expanded Candy Kong and Perry's articles, despite never having played a game with either of them in
- Created Bus, Car (obstacle), Cargo truck, Dash panel ramp truck, Surfboard vehicle, Glide Ramp, Boo Space, Vertical dash panel, Antigravity Panel, Canoeing, Canoe Sprint 1000m, Ring (Mario Kart series) and Raving Piranha Plant
Friend User Box
This is my friend User Box, please ask me before you take it, it's not nice to steal. I will probably say yes, especially if you've given me a hand, no matter how small, at any point. (: |-