Rainbow Run (level)
- This article is about the level in Super Mario 3D World. For the level in New Super Mario Bros. 2, see World Star-1. For the 1-vs-3 minigame in Mario Party 2, see Rainbow Run (minigame).
|Level code||World Star-1|
|Game||Super Mario 3D World|
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Rainbow Run, otherwise known as World Star-1, is the first level of World Star in Super Mario 3D World and its Nintendo Switch port Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. The course is unlocked by defeating Meowser in World Bowser and access to the Rocket in World 1 and its own completion unlocks Super Galaxy.
The music is the arrangement of Super Mario Bros.'s Ground Theme that plays in various levels in Super Mario 3D Land (such as in that game's World 2-3). In Super Mario Odyssey, the course's music is reused when Mario is invincible.
This level features many rainbow colored platforms with Skipsqueaks running across them. The player needs to use trapezes to jump across platforms. After reaching the Checkpoint Flag, the players must hop on Plessie. After riding Plessie, there is a Hidden Block containing a Fire Flower. Here the player must light the torches to reveal a Cloud Cannon that shoots them to a bonus room. Here they must light all of the floor tiles. This reveals a hidden 8-bit Link sprite. There is also a Hidden Block containing a Mega Mushroom. At the end of the level, there are several P Switches that reveal some Coins. The last one, however, causes a Coin shower right before the Goal Pole.
- Green Star 1: Above the first pair of Brick Blocks is a Warp Pipe that can only be reached via Super Bell. The pipe leads to a room where the player needs to maneuver the balls to the goals, which allows the first Green Star to appear.
- Green Star 2: After jumping off Plessie, the player must use the Fire Flower to light two torches in order to reveal a hidden Cloud Cannon that leads to an area where the player needs to light up all the Color Panels to reveal an 8-bit image of Link and the second Green Star.
- Green Star 3: Immediately after the second Green Star, the player needs to activate the Green Ring and collect all eight Green Coins.
- The player needs to stick to the right side during the Plessie section. The stamp is a Checkpoint Flag.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||De legende van de regenboogrollen||The legend of the rainbow rolls|
|French||Parc-en-ciel||Pun with "Parc" and "Arc-en-ciel" meaning Rainbow Park|
|German||Reise durchs Regenbogenland||Journey through rainbow land|
|Italian||Parcobaleno||From parco (park) and arcobaleno (rainbow)|
|Portuguese||Percurso arco-íris||Rainbow route|
|Russian||Бег по радуге
Beg po raduge
|Run on the rainbow|
|Spanish||La ruta del arcoiris||Rainbow's route|