A Beam in the Dark
- Not to be confused with A Light in the Dark.
|A Beam in the Dark
|Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
|<< << Directory of levels >>
A Beam in the Dark, otherwise named World Bowser-6, is the sixth standard course and seventh overall level in World Bowser from Super Mario 3D World and its Nintendo Switch port Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, becoming accessible after the completion of either Footlight Lane or Deepwater Dungeon. Completion of this level unlocks Grumblump Inferno.
This level takes place in a dark Ghost House inhabited by Boos, Peepas and Parabones. At the beginning, there are four Light Boxes (because there could be four players). There is also a round platform that players can go on, similar to a Lift. On the way, the player encounters Boos, Peepas, a red POW Block, and a Coin Block. The character switch is also located here. There is a Big Boo at the end of the pathway for the platform, that the player can defeat using a Light Box. When the platform disappears, there is a large mirror, where the first Green Star can be seen. There is then another platform, with more Peepas and red POW Blocks. There are also some Parabones, and a Red Ring. If all eight Red Coins are collected, a Super Leaf is revealed (unless the player is Small Mario). There is then a door that leads to a room with the Checkpoint Flag and four more Light Boxes, in case the player fails after this point. There is another platform that rises up, and then speeds past several Bowser statues, some Coins, and a hidden Mystery Box. Then there are a bunch of doors, with the one on the player's right leading to another room. This final room has a broken platform, with yet more Peepas, Parabones, and red POW Blocks along the way. After riding the broken platform, the player encounters a Big Boo, which chases them to the exit door. In the Goal Pole area, the player has to jump off a platform and must finally try to land on the top of the pole.
- Green Star 1: The player can look into a large mirror to see the Green Star's reflection.
- Green Star 2: After the checkpoint, there is a Mystery Box. In the box, the player must defeat all six Boos with Light Box(es) to reveal the Green Star.
- Green Star 3: At the end of the last hallway, the Green Star is guarded by a Big Boo.
- There is a Character Switch that only Luigi can activate that reveals the stamp. The stamp is Small Luigi.
- The player must wait at the first mirror for about 100 seconds, and then a giant 8-bit Luigi can be seen.
- At the end of the level, the player should wait for 30 seconds, and then on the moon, a giant 8-bit Luigi can be seen.
Names in other languages
Terase! Kurayami yashiki
|Light Up! Dark House
Zhàoliàng ba! Ànhēi Zháidǐ
|Light it up! Dark Mansion
|Spoken in de spotlights
|Ghosts in the spotlights
|Ein Licht im Dunkeln
|A light in the dark
|Maniero dei cubi torcia
|Light Boxes' manor
|어둠 속의 저택을 밝혀라!
Eodum Sok-ui Jeotaek-eul Balkyeora!
|Brighten up the Mansion in Darkness!
|A casa das trevas
|The house of darkness
|Свет во тьме
Svet vo t'me
|Light in the dark
|Luces y sombras en la mansión
|Lights and shadows in the mansion