Piranha Creeper Creek
|Piranha Creeper Creek|
|Game||Super Mario 3D World|
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|Music track||Piranha Creeper Creek|
|<< Directory of levels >> **|
Piranha Creeper Creek, otherwise known as World 4-2, is the second course of World 4 in Super Mario 3D World and its Nintendo Switch port Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. It is unlocked via completion of Ant Trooper Hill, and its own completion unlocks Brolder Blockade. It is the first jungle-themed level in the game.
The player starts out on a long, twisting platform with several Piranha Creepers and surrounded by poison. After avoiding some of the Piranha Creepers, the characters can get Fire Flowers which they can use against any following enemies. After defeating a Piranha Creeper blocking a Warp Pipe, the characters enter it, leading them to an underground area with more Piranha Creepers, this time hanging from the roof. In between two of them is a Mystery Box which leads the player to the first Green Star. After coming back into the underground world, the Checkpoint Flag is in front of a large Piranha Creeper. Soon after, the player needs to avoid some more Piranha Creepers in the water and get to the nearby pipe transporting them to the overworld with a Roulette Block nearby. The player must now traverse moving platforms with enemies on them and avoid the poisonous liquid below. A nearby pipe transports the characters to the Goal Pole.
- Green Star 1: There is a Mystery Box right before the checkpoint that requires the player to use four Piranha Creepers as platforms to jump and get the first Green Star.
- Green Star 2: After the checkpoint, the second Green Star is at the very bottom of the underwater zone.
- Green Star 3: Near the end, the player must activate the Green Star Ring and collect the eight Green Coins to reveal the Green Star.
- After the second Green Star, the player must bounce off a Piranha Creeper to find a hidden passage with a trail of coins that leads to the stamp. The stamp is a Warp Pipe.
In the second overworld section with the Roulette Block, the player must use Cat Mario to climb up the wall to a hidden platform. Then they must jump on moving platforms that lead to the poison waterfall. On the far side is an orange Warp Pipe that leads to World 5.
A very tiny 8-bit Luigi can be seen when the player completes the level, at the bottom right corner.
- In Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, in the beginning of the level, the idle zoom does not reset if the player presses as it does in the original Wii U release.
Names in other languages
Nobinobi pakkun no numa
|Piranha Creeper's Swamp|
Chángcháng Tūnshíhuā Zhǎozé
|Piranha Creeper's Swamp|
|Dutch||Krioelende Piranha Creepers||Crawling Piranha Creepers|
|French||Bourbe aux Piranha rampantes||Mud with Piranha Creepers|
|German||Der Sumpf der Kriech-Piranhas||The Piranha Creepers swamp|
|Italian||Palude delle Piante Serpiranha||Piranha Creepers' swamp|
|Stream of Piranha Creeper|
|Portuguese||Pântano das Plantas Piranha Rastejantes
Pântano das Plantas-piranha rastejantes (Super Mario 3D World)
|Piranha Creepers' swamp|
|Piranha Creepers Swamp|
|Spanish (NOA)||La ciénaga de las pirañas reptantes||The Piranha Creepers' swamp|
|Spanish (NOE)||La ciénaga de las Pirañas Reptantes||Piranha Creepers' Swamp|