Spike's Lost City
|Spike's Lost City|
|Game||Super Mario 3D World|
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
|Time limit||400 seconds|
|<< << Directory of levels >>|
Spike's Lost City, otherwise known as World 4-5, is the fifth course of World 4 in Super Mario 3D World and its Nintendo Switch port Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. It is unlocked via completion of Beep Block Skyway or Big Bounce Byway, and its own completion unlocks Lava Rock Lair.
The level starts in a ruins area filled with Galoombas, Spikes, and upward slopes. After avoiding some more enemies and traversing a moving platform, the player reaches the Checkpoint Flag, followed by some more moving platforms. A nearby upwards slope with a Spike leads to an area with some moving platforms with spiked bars on them. After one last upwards slope, the player reaches the Goal Pole.
At the end of the top of the wall to the right of the second Green Star's wall, there are three 1-Up Mushrooms. However, climbing the height of the wall requires Cat Suit climbing after jumping off of a second player or the Cat Momentum Glitch from the Green Star's wall. In the Nintendo Switch port of the game, one player can get up there on their own due to the increased climbing speed.
- Green Star 1: After the stamp, there is Warp Pipe that leads to an area where the player has to activate all the Switch Panels to reveal the first Green Star.
- Green Star 2: After the checkpoint, the player must use the Cat form to climb a large curved wall to find the second Green Star.
- Green Star 3: After the second Green Star, the third Green Star is in plain sight on a tilting platform.
- At the very beginning, the player must use the Cat form to climb a wall behind the three Spikes to obtain the stamp. The stamp is a Spike.
A shrub on a wall near the beginning has an 8-bit Luigi peeking out of it.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Spike's verloren stad||Spike's lost city|
|French||Cité perdue des Spike||Spikes' lost city|
|German||Die verlorene Stadt in den Spike-Bergen||The lost city in Spike Mountains|
|Italian||Cittadella degli Spunzi||Spikes' citadel|
|Portuguese||Cidadela perdida do Espigão||Spike's lost citadel|
|Russian||Потерянный город спайков
Poteryanniy gorod spaykov
|Spikes' lost city|
|Spanish||Un ascenso espinoso||A Spiky Ascent|
- Chargin' Chucks were supposed to appear in the level, but were removed in the final version.
- ^ How 3 Hidden 1-Ups Eluded Players for Years in Super Mario 3D World - SwankyBox, YouTube
- ^ TBG_Awesomegames - Twitter