- This article is about the object in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. For the object in the Super Mario Galaxy games also referred to as "bulbs", see Rubbery bulb.
- “Why don't you try to create a balloon with it? Use and to inflate and deflate. The air coming out the Poltergust 5000 might just be hot enough to let you lift off!”
- —Professor E. Gadd, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
A bulb is a type of purple berry found in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. First encountered in the Haunted Towers, bulbs give Luigi the ability to hover and fly when they are sucked in, much similar to the Blimp Fruit from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Luigi can fly by blowing air into the berry. The berry lasts until Luigi pops it on a sharp object or until he sucks it in. A gold bulb functions the same as a regular bulb, except it makes coins appear in a set path. If Luigi collects all the coins in a set time, he will be given a reward.
Names in other languages
- von Esmarch, Nick. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 64. "Vacuum the purple bulb on the wall, but release before it vanishes into the Poltergust. Press and hold to inflate the bulb and float into the air."
- von Esmarch, Nick. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon PRIMA Official Game Guide. Page 65. "Float up to the sourthwest corner of level F3, to find a gold bulb growing on the wall. Land on the platform and clear the Poltergust’s nozzle, then vacuum the gold bulb to reveal a trail of floating coins. Use the gold bulb to follow the trail as it spirals around the room. Collect all of the coins before they vanish to reveal a treasure stash on level F4."