Master Necky Snr.
|Master Necky Snr.|
Artwork of Master Necky Snr. from Donkey Kong Country
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country (1994)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country (GBA) (2003)|
- “It's just like the old days, reusing the boss, changing it's[sic] color, and pretending it is completely new.”
- —Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country
Master Necky Snr. (stylized as Master Necky, Sr. in the Nintendo Player's Guide) is a gigantic Necky and the sixth boss of Donkey Kong Country. Like its weaker counterpart, Master Necky, Master Necky Snr. is only ever seen by its head. The only difference with Master Necky Snr.'s appearance is that its body and the tip of its beak are purple.
Master Necky Snr. is fought in Necky's Revenge at the end of Chimp Caverns, occurring right before the final boss fight against King K. Rool. In his boss fight, Master Necky Snr. fights similarly to Master Necky, but he spits coconuts both faster and farther. At first, Master Necky Snr. starts by spitting one coconut at the Kongs, but following each hit, Master Necky Snr. spits one more coconut than before. Master Necky Snr. can be attacked by jumping on its head. After five hits, Master Necky Snr. falls onto the floor in defeat.
In the Game Boy Advance version, Master Necky Snr. is accompanied by Master Necky during his battle. Their attack pattern involves both of them spitting out a nut, one after the other. When Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong jump on either boss five times, that boss is defeated. Afterward, the other boss starts shooting four nuts in succession. To defeat both bosses, both of them have to be jumped on five times.
Names in other languages
Masutā Nekkī Shinia
|Master Necky Snr.|
|Spanish||Master Necky Snr.||-|
- In the 26th issue of Nintendo Magazine System (UK), both Master Necky Snr. and its counterpart, Master Necky, are called "Necky" and are treated as the same character.
- Donkey Kong Country Player's Guide, page 118.
- "Donkey Kong will need to defeat Necky twice in his adventure but using these tactics should make it easier." - Nintendo Magazine System (UK) issue 26 (NMS Special), page 27.