Talk:List of enemies
Hmmm... Since I gonna update this long list of wacky enemies for at least a week (AKA Spring Break); are the Wario Enemies and Yoshi Enemies are supposed to have their own list of enemies? Please respond... RAP...
- Hmm... That's true except for some of the Yoshi Enemies from Yoshi's Story (I guess...), well; I gotta work on it... RAP...
Actually, they should. Any overlapping enemies will be in both lists. -- Son of Suns
- OK, then it's settled; Crossover enemies stay in the Mario Enemies while the other enemies go into their own categories as Mario enemies stay here... RAP...
WHAT THE HELL WHERE'S THE ENEMIES PAGE!!!!!!! IT EXISTED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE YOUR HAPPY SMW ABOUT YOU DELETING THE ENEMIES PAGE! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT IT MAKES NO SENSE. WHY!!!! WHY!!!!!!!! WHO!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Juggos205622 (talk).
- Done. I rewrote it so it's more formal.
Invincible Enemies Category
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
don't create 2-6
Hello, I'm suggesting to add this category to the wiki, because people who wants to know which are the enemies that are invincible, right now needs to search manually, and not all people knows the name of said enemies. So, this category would improve the navigation of the wiki. Thank you.
- LED42 (talk) Per my proposal.
- Camwood777 (talk) - While there'd certainly need to be some disambiguation of how far the scope goes (always been invincible? invincible in some games but not others?), I can see this being a perfectly fine category.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Thing is, this would vary horrendously game-by-game, a particularly egregious example being Bill Blaster. Would we refer to consistently invincible enemies, or enemies that have ever been invincible?
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) I don't see a point to this category. Especially when similar categories got deleted.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) In theory, it's a creative idea, but in practice, not so much. "Invincible" in this regard seems like fancruft at worst and pure inconsistency at best. First of all, some invincible "enemies" are technically obstacles, such as Skewers or Grinders. Second, enemies that are invincible in some games might not be so powerful in others. Lastly, it's incredibly hard to determine which enemies are hard to defeat and which ones are truly invincible. (Choppahs from Super Mario Galaxy 2 are a good example of this.)
- Niiue (talk) Per all.
- LuigiMaster123 (talk) Per all.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- Rule 15: "Unless there is major disagreement about whether certain content should be included, there should not be proposals about creating, expanding, rewriting or otherwise fixing up pages." There could be some disagreement about this (Doc's opposing, and I'm not sure where I stand atm), so I think this is fine.
- I do want some clarification: Would this category be used for enemies that have been invincible in at least one game, like the Bill Blaster, or enemies that have only ever been invincible, like Boohemoth? 14:57, 1 September 2017 (EDT)
- There's a contradiction between "enemies that have been ever invincible" and "the Bill Blaster is no longer invincible". The first statement implies that the category is for enemies who have been invincible for at least one point, whereas the second statement implies that the category is for enemies who have always been invincible. Which is it? Hello, I'm Time Turner. 17:19, 1 September 2017 (EDT)
I'll explain it better. Since New Super Mario Bros., the Bill Blaster was able to destroy. So it doesn't fit in this category. This category would be for enemies that are completely invincible and impossible to destroy. And those enemies need to be invincible in all the games they appear, so they can be put in this category. An example is the Boohemoth, it is invincible, right? You can be defeated by that enemy even under the effects of a Starman. So, enemies that can't be defeated in any way, except for the Goal Pole, fit in this category. LED42™ (talk – edits) 17:35, 1 September 2017 (EDT) LED42™ (talk – edits) 17:35, 1 September 2017 (EDT)
- I think it would make more sense if the category covered enemies that were invincible in at least one game. Because in games like Super Mario Bros., the Bill Blaster IS invincible. 17:37, 1 September 2017 (EDT)
On the page for BIS, Broggy is listed as a boss. Also, he has the same animation (glows white and explodes) when he is defeated. Should he therefore be moved to the list of bosses page? MiracleDinner (talk) 06:15, July 30, 2019 (EDT)
|This talk page or section has a conflict or a question that needs to be answered. Please try to help and resolve the issue by leaving a comment.|
Lately I've been looking at this page and wondering if non-game enemies really need to be here. For reference, the non-game "enemies" I could find are: Abominable Snowkoopa, Alien, Beetle, Big Bad Wolf, Birdoroo, Blanka, Bomb Net, Brutius Maximus Grouchimus, Buro-kun, Buzz-Bomb, Chomp-Muncher, Chuckie, Chun-Li, Clog Monster, Crimewave Clyde, Dhalsim, Dr. Sporis von Fungenstein, Flaky, Fluffy, GLOM, Goomba Mummy, Goomerang Brother, HAL 9001, Herman, Herman Smirch, Iggy, Killer Kitty of the Caskervilles, KKDU, Lena, Madzilla, Mousersaurus Rex, Nicole, Pia, and Balu, Pietro, Piranha Sue, Plant Monster, Queen Rotunda, Robo Shyguy, Robo Troopa, Robot Princess, Sergeant Kooperman, Shisai, Shyguy Lion, Sickobratz, Space Troopa, Spider, Spike, Stanley the Talking Fish, State Troopa, Stormtroopa, Sultan Pasbah, Super Troopa, T-Rex, Tweeter Bat, Tyrannosaurus Twins, Vampa White, Wereturtle, Zangief, and Zombie Goomba. While some of these do function as typical enemies in their appearances, others are much less clear cut - apparently all you have to do to make it onto this list is be a mildly antagonistic character. Some characters, like the Big Bad Wolf and Crimewave Clyde, never even come into direct conflict with Mario and co. and actually help them later. What makes the Street Fighter characters enemies rather than bosses? Why is Stanley the Talking Fish an enemy when the worst thing he does is unintentionally annoy people?
Big Paragoomba has its first appearance listed as The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, which could either be changed to their first game appearance (Super Mario Galaxy 2) for consistency or left alone. Dr. Wily does this as well, although to what degree an Assist Trophy counts as an enemy is debatable. Another odd case is Fryguy (species), which obviously is in the games but only appears as a full species in comics - but given that Fryguy only ever appears in the games as a boss, it might be better to remove them too. -- Too Bad! Waluigi Time! 11:38, February 19, 2020 (EST)