|MiracleDinner's Userbox Tower|
Welcome to my userpage, I am MiracleDinner, a young gamer who loves the Mario franchise. I became a user on Mario Wiki because I found it entertaining and wanted to help, and wanted to create this userpage as well.
I may go deeper into blogging/vlogging so will link to my pages here if I do so.
Warning: Page contains spoilers for Super Paper Mario, Paper Mario TTYD, Bowser's Inside Story.
- 1 A brief history of me playing Mario
- 2 Online names I use(d)
- 3 Color system I use
- 4 Nintendo Consoles I own
- 5 Nintendo Consoles I used to own but have since broken/become lost
- 6 Nintendo Consoles I have never owned but would like to
- 7 Mario games I own
- 8 Mario games I formerly owned
- 9 Mario games I have never owned but would like to obtain in future
- 10 Mario characters I like/dislike
- 11 Other Interests I have
A brief history of me playing Mario
I forget which exactly was my first Mario game but it was Super Mario Galaxy 2 which truly attracted me to the Mario franchise. Perhaps I took it for granted intially, but I was fascinated by the epic-scale space adventure, with excellent gameplay and level design. Christmas 2011 comes around and I get to choose two out of three games: New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I go for the first two. Christmas day, I pop in NSMBW and I'm hooked for days. Then I see someone else playing SPM and I get really interested in the Flip mechanic.
I then play SPM the next day and I am in pure wonder. The story was nothing like I had ever seen before and the gameplay was really unique and cool (I know a lot of people complain about that but I wasn't into deep, turn-based RPGs back then, and this was my first Mario RPG so I wasn't biased against it.) For the next few months I loved it, playing it whenever I could, until I finished it a few months later, which was truly amazing. Having loved it so much, I then go through the whole game a second time, only this time to get stuck at the Castle Bleck Entry. In fact, at this point I wanted to leave it so that I could forget and return to it later. Which on the large part is actually what I did. In the meantime, I also got to play Super Mario Galaxy 1, which I have always loved to a similar degree as its sequel. I did actually get to play BIS in the end, which I liked a lot, but not nearly to the same degree as SPM. The next few years was mostly just me playing the same Mario games over, being the ones I already mentioned but also New Super Mario Bros. DS, Mario Party 9 and Donkey Kong Country Returns, and I also discovered Minecraft in that time which was truly a revelation for my gaming life.
2017 was when my Mario life started to shift, as I one day decided to look up "Bestovius" into Bing, and Mario Wiki pops up. I open it, and my love for Super Paper Mario floods back to me. I also watched some Let's Plays of SPM alongside the other Mario games I owned. At that point I forgot most of my memories around SPM, so I came back for a third playthrough and this time, due to my more adult mentality, I was more able to appreciate the story and artistic elements of the game, which I admire still. I also got to complete the Pits of 100 Trials for the first time as previously I was allowed only 1 hour a day, though sadly I had seen online spoilers about Wracktail and Shadoo by that point.
It was also around that time that I learned that SPM was not just a game on its own as I had earlier assumed, but rather the third of a pentology of RPGs. I learned of a previous Paper Mario game, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, which was at least as acclaimed as SPM. That Christmas, I asked for a Gamecube and a copy of TTYD, and at that point the game cost £60+ ($72.53+), but it was worth it. I adored it in much the same way as SPM, but not quite to the same extent. I found the story and presentation elements weaker than SPM's but still exceptional, and as different as the gameplay was it had the same sense of uniqueness and I enjoyed it a lot as well. Again, I had internet spoilers at the time so I already knew about the Shadow Queen possessing Peach and so forth, but it was still amazing to see it unfold (pun intended) in front of me. I also played Super Mario Sunshine on my Gamecube, which I liked a little but nowhere near to the same degree as the Galaxy games. At that point, I wanted to play the first Paper Mario (which I like to call "Paper Mario 64", "Paper Mario 1", "PM64", "PM1", etc. to avoid confusion with the series, the character, or the stage). Due to the closure of the Wii Shop Channel, I couldn't get it on my Wii, so I planned to ask for a Wii U that Christmas. However, the prices of them online was steadily increasing so to save money I bought one more immediately. I have bought PM64 now but am yet to play it. I have played Super Mario 64 on my Wii U which I like more than Sunshine but less than Galaxy or Galaxy 2. I would like to play many more games on my Wii U, such as Mario Party 10, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Super Mario 3D World.
It was also around this time I returned to BIS, which I have decided I love even more than before. I tried Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga on my Wii U, which I completed over the summer and enjoyed very much, so bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL (which actually transpired to be an older 3DS XL but despite my right to a refund I decided to keep it anway) in order to try the rest of the Mario & Luigi series. I have not yet played them, but in the meantime I have enjoyed playing Super Mario Land 1 & 2 and my old DS games, as some of the buttons on my old DS have worn down, making gameplay difficult (but still possible.)
Come the winter holidays I finally play Paper Mario 64 and it's amazing! I've not done with it yet but it's already very high on my list! For Christmas I got 3D World, Colour Splash, and Mario Party 6. I've only played 3D World but I love that one!
And, I also decided to become a user on Mario Wiki!
Online names I use(d)
Xbox live gamertag
- HyperMermaid820 (for some reason any variant of "MiracleDinner" I entered was rejected so I was forced to accept one of the random ones.)
Mojang account / Minecraft Java username
Super Mario Boards
- Mr. Mr. Prosecutor Grubba
- Dusk Lobber
- Killer Moth
- Sweetie Belle
- Cackletta's Soul (current)
Color system I use
- Red = (Would) Strongly like
- Orange = (Would) Moderately like
- Yellow = (Would) Slightly like
- Green = Neutral opinion
- Blue = (Would) Slightly dislike
- Indigo = (Would) Moderately dislike
- Violet = (Would) Strongly dislike
- Gold = 1st favourite
- Silver = 2nd favourite
- Bronze = 3rd favourite
Nintendo Consoles I own
Color system indicates how much I like them.
Nintendo Consoles I used to own but have since broken/become lost
Nintendo Consoles I have never owned but would like to
Color system indicates how much I would like them.
Mario games I own
Color system indicates how much I like them. WiiUVC = Wii U Virtual Console copies and 3DSVC = 3DS Virtual Console copies, eShop = I own this game only per an official digital download, all other copies are physical discs/catridges.
Mario games I formerly owned
Color system indicates how strongly I would like them back.
Mario games I have never owned but would like to obtain in future
Color system indicates how much I would like them. In general, physical copies are preferable, but digital copies are certainly acceptable.
- SM 2 Box Art.png
Super Mario Maker 2
Maybe? Idk depends how good the story is. Please don't let me down Nintendo!
- Sequels to the following games:
- Yoshi's New Island
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
- Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Nintendo Land
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Super Mario 3D World
- Super Mario Party
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (with a good story and original characters, unlike Paper Jam as I have heard)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (using the original format of the Paper Mario series, and with good story elements)
- Super Paper Mario (using a similar gameplay format, excellent story elements, and possibly some connections story-wise to the original)
- Prequels to the following games:
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Paper Mario
- Paper Mario 64
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
- Super Mario 64 HD
- Paper Mario (64) HD
- Paper Mario TTYD HD
- Super Mario RPG HD
- Super Paper Mario 4K
- Mario & Luigi Partners in Time 3D
- Mario Party 1 HD
- Mario Party 3 HD
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 in 4K
- Super Mario Sunshine HD
- A Mario game with story elements akin to TTYD or SPM, but with gameplay akin to SMG or SMO
- A mixture of experimental and traditional Mario RPGs, all with good stories and original and memorable characters.
- A Donkey Kong RPG
- A Donkey Kong Country / New Super Mario Bros. crossover
- A better crossover of the Paper Mario series and the Mario & Luigi series, with a good story and which utilises original characters from both series as well as introducing new ones (I have heard that Paper Jam uses only main series characters and their paper doppelgangers barring Starlow and has a poor story.)
- More 3D Donkey Kong games
- A Mario Kart game with Mario RPG characters such as Cackletta, Merlon, or Prince Dreambert.
- A Mario RPG-based party game
- A variant of Super Mario Maker which can create 3D platforming levels in the style of games such as Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Odyssey
- A variant of Super Mario Maker which can create levels using Super Paper Mario's gameplay and style
Mario characters I like/dislike
Color system indicates how much I like/dislike them. Paper doppelgangers are not counted separately since they only game in which they are presented concurrently is Paper Jam, and their personalities and roles are more or less identical to their "real" counterparts. Baby versions of usually adult characters also not counted separately.
Other Interests I have
Color system indicates the strength of these interests.
- Physics, especially astrophysics
- Computer Science, particularly the programming aspects
- Philosophy, especially moral philosophy
- Little Mix
- Some Disney and Pixar productions, such as Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, and Inside Out.
- Teen Titans Go!, particularly the presentation of Starfire therein.