|Donkey Kong Land III
|<< Directory of levels >>
Ford Knocks, named Stilt in Time Attack, is the third level in Donkey Kong Land III and of the first world, Cape Codswallop, where it is on the southern part of the map. Its name is a pun on Fort Knox, a massive storage of gold found in the United States. It takes place on a series of boardwalks above a shallow river, but the stilts supporting the docks are much higher than in Red Wharf; because of this, there are some sections where falling into the water makes it not possible to get back on. Down the gap at the start, the Kongs can swim left into an Enguarde Barrel to transform into Enguarde up until reaching the No Animal Sign, which is shortly before the Star Barrel. Ford Knocks is one of twelve levels in the Time Attack mode, where it has to be completed in under 48 seconds.
At the start of the level, the heroes have to walk down some boardwalks and cross a small pit containing the letter K. After that, they need to walk along the wharves, instead of swimming underwater, getting over a few gaps. Eventually they begin walking along a straight path and then on to a high platform, supported by large stilts. Jumping off of the roof, they make their way up and down some boardwalks to an area full of tightropes. Without falling into the water, they need to climb across the ropes. As they travel, they have to avoid some Buzzes. After getting back on the boardwalks, grabbing the letter O, the apes find the Star Barrel.
About halfway through the level, the heroes jump up to a few ledges and soon cross a small gap. Traveling farther into the level, they find the letter N. After that, the apes cross another small gap and have to head down a straight pathway, defeating some Sneeks. Eventually, they jump above the sparkling water and grab onto a tightrope. At the end of the long rope, they find the letter G. Once the group makes their way onto more boardwalks, they collect a bear coin and have to cross a few gaps. As the monkeys get farther through the area, the stilts supporting the boardwalks become shorter, allowing them to swim through the water more. Eventually, the Kongs make their way up the wooden boardwalks to the Level Flag. They can optionally go behind the Level Flag to collect a bear coin and a Banana Bunch.
The following enemies appear in the following quantities, and enemies marked in bold make their first appearance:
Items and objectsEdit
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
- K: At the beginning, Dixie or Kiddy have to drop into the river to find the letter.
- O: The Kongs are blasted into the "O" from the barrel cannon, right before the Star Barrel.
- N: After the Star Barrel this letter is found near a Sneek in a boardwalk that goes downward.
- G: The Kongs must climb a rope near the end of the level and avoid Buzzes to obtain the letter G.
The Koin is in a low area right before the Level Flag. The Kongs must pick up a Steel Barrel just before the low area. Depending on which side the Kongs are at, they must throw the Steel Barrel at either the left or right wall behind Koin. This causes the Steel Barrel to ricochet and hit Koin from behind and defeat him. The Kongs are rewarded the DK Coin.
Ford Knocks has two Bonus Levels, listed by type:
- Bash the Baddies!: Near the start, after the Kongs pass two Sneeks, they must jump on a roof with a Kobble. From there, they must continue right and jump into a Barrel Cannon that blasts them into a Bonus Barrel. In the Bonus Level, Dixie or Kiddy must defeat two Booty Birds within 15 seconds. The active Kong must move across a long boardwalk and defeat each Booty Bird with a barrel. When both enemies are defeated by Dixie or Kiddy, the Bonus Coin appears at the rightmost end of the area.
- Bash the Baddies!: After the Star Barrel, Dixie or Kiddy must jump down the nearest gap, where they take a long fall back down into the water, where the second Bonus Barrel is. The Kongs can collect an Extra Life Balloon as they fall down. The Bonus Level is similar to the first one; the Kongs have 15 seconds to defeat four Sneeks while moving across a long boardwalk. After Dixie or Kiddy defeat every Sneek, the Bonus Coin appears at the rightmost end of the area.
Game Boy ColorEdit
Names in other languagesEdit