Are spinies considered to be koopas or beetles?--Fg 19:02, 2 February 2007 (EST)
- They are Koopas, but I believe are a distant relative of Buzzy Beetles. They are kinda the bridge between the two species. -- Son of Suns
What could make this article better?
I spent a long time expanding the article, and I would like to know what could make it even better. Any suggestions? InfectedShroom. I have a long-time goal in mind...
- The article is real nice, but the only problem is that there isn't enough pics. There really need to be more pics, and at least one pic in the Other Appearances section. Paper Jorge ( Talk·Contributions)·
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Prima Guide
In the Super Mario Galaxy 2 Prima Guide it referees to them as bugs. I think we should mention this. But it refrees Swoopers as bats, Hammer Bros. as koopa-like, Scuttlebugs as Sprongs and Big Boo as Mega Boo. Should we mention this.
The Prima Guides are often a bit flaky, as I don't think that they are made by Nintendo. I have the guide for NSMBWii and it calls Fishbones Wet Bones. I'd leave it for now. 35pxSupershroom + 20 HP! Yeah!
We need a gallery for Spinies because there are a lot of images.--YoshiGo99 20:20, 14 March 2011 (EDT)
Merge Spiny with Spike Top
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
KEEP SPLIT 1-21
I think we should Merge Spike Top with Spiny. They are pretty much the same aren't they? The only difference is that Spike Tops have one spike.
- Goomba's Shoe15 (talk) Uh i hate to break it to you but Spiny and Spike tops are not the same in fact there not even part of the same species one is a Koopa and the other is a Buzzy Beetle
- UltraMario3000 (talk) It's not like Spiked Goombas are merged with Goombas.
- FourPaperHeroes (talk) Actually all three are a species of Koopa but Spike Tops are hardly related to Spinies, they're more closely related to Buzzy Beetles and they are different enough to remain a separate article.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per all.
- DKPetey99 (talk) Per Goomba's Shoe15 and my comments below!
- Tails777 (talk) Yeah, the 2 are too different. Per all.
- YoshiGo99 (talk) Spinys don't have mouths and the shell is a lighter shade of red than the Spike tops. Spike tops have red eyes and crawl on walls and floors, and ceilings.
- Walkazo (talk) - They are COMPLETELY different things. Different looks, different abilities, different names in every language, appearing side-by-side in the same games doing different things. Merging them would be completely mental.
- Zero777 (talk) They are obviously two different species, per all.
- Platform (talk) Spike Tops can't be killed with fire. They are in fact a cross between a Buzzy and a Spiny.
- SWFlash (talk) The only similarity is that they're both have red shells, but that's it.
- DK and Diddy Kong vs Bowser and Bowser Jr. (talk) Per Platform and SWFlash.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per all.
- Reddragon19k (talk) Per all! Different looks, different names, everything!
- MrConcreteDonkey (talk) - Completely different, per all.
- Superfiremario (talk) Horrible Proposal
- Steverocks27 (talk) Per all! Their only similarities are their red shells and that they both have more than 0 spikes!
- Mikiuz (talk) Per all. The name of the Spiny is different to the one of the Spike Top in all languages and they are different species.
- Mario304 (talk) Per all.
- Ultrahammer5365 (talk) Per all. They are entirely different species. You can't merge 2 enemies based on vague similarities.
- yoshiyoshiyoshi (talk)Silliest Proposal ever :P worse than merging Bowser with Barney Bubble :D
- These are buzzy beetles, as they have the same form. Spinies don't have a dark space in them between the eyes. Sorry buddy, but I won't vote, for the sake of the wiki.
- They are completly different. Spinies are immune to fire; Spike Tops are not. Besides, they are seperated in the New Super Mario Bros. Book and should be seperate hear. User:Phantom Bowser/Sig
I think the spiny article needs more images. R3D347H wuz here
- It says this article needs to be expanded to include more information, but there is nothing left to include. And it should be re-written in the correct verb tense, but it already has the same verb tense that we are supposed to use. Why?M&L Beware my fury! 20:18, 18 January 2012 (EST)
Problem I corrected.
I noticed that someone named the Mario Strikers section, the Mario Football series. This is the British and Australian name. I want to inform who wrote this that this the American Super Mario Wiki. I am not angered, but remember the American names next time. Thank you.
- Well an old wiki policy did made it required to change the NTSC names to PAL names due to the game being released first on those regions. So you shouldn't really blame the editors for this. (T|C) 01:54, 24 July 2013 (EDT)
I don't know what to tell you but Spinies in Paper Mario: Sticker Star are very hard to time when attacking you. Can't you just use a Frog Suit or a Super Boot Sticker so that way they don't hit you? But you have to have timing though or else you will get hit.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Powow66 (talk).
Umm.. Weren't spinies in Dream Team?
I'm sure I've seen spinies in Dreamy Driftwood Shore once. Why doesn't it say it's in Dream Team?