|Level code||18 (World-e)|
|Game||Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3|
|Music track||Fortress Theme|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Ice Cubed is the eighteenth level in the bonus World-e in Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. This card was released in Series 2 in Japan. Its official difficulty rating is ★★★★☆. The level was initially released only in Japan, although it became available internationally with the Wii U Virtual Console release of the game in 2016. The level contains four Advance Coins. The key art featured Wendy O. Koopa.
The level is a fortress made entirely of Ice Blocks, much like the name of the level suggests. It begins with Mario in front of four Munchers. Directly after this is an area with a Lakitu, but there are also ice platforms above the player which the Spinies can land on, then a pipe.
The two ? Blocks upon entering the pipe contain Fire Flowers (or a Super Mushroom if the player is not at least Super Mario). Across the gap is a group of Frozen Coins, with Nipper Plants at the bottom left and right corners. Next, there are some Frozen Coins, as well as a Brick Block; inside the block is a Switch Block, which can take the player to the next area up, with several more Frozen Coins surrounding the next Switch Block. By using this, the player can access a pipe leading to the next section. However, if the player messes up the coin puzzle, they can take an alternate route.
In the upper area, there are several Switch Blocks, as well as Buzzy Beetles and Turnips. Impeding the path to the next area are several Munchers. By heading up the area the player can go, they find a Switch Block and a Buzzy Beetle. By pressing the switch, the Munchers turn to coins, which the player can use the beetle to collect. By heading out one of the two Warp Pipes available in the area, the player is taken to the aforementioned alternate route.
- The Advance Coin is at the bottom center of the Frozen Coins.
- After the second pipe in the third area, the player can find two invisible Jump Blocks in the space in the ceiling, which allows him or her to reach an area with the second Advance Coin.
- The third coin is near the end of the path after the second Advance Coin.
- By entering the pipe at the very end of the third area, the player is taken to the location of the Advance Coin.
こおりのせかいを あまくみられちゃ こまるね！ ここから ぬけだせるかい！
Names in other languages
Kōri no Toride
- Wendy O. Koopa is the Koopaling featured on the card's key art; coincidentally, in the Super Mario World episode "Fire Sale", Wendy, or rather, Kootie Pie, played a prominent role, and the episode featured an ice fortress like in Ice Cubed.