- This article is about the item in Wario World. For the item in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, see Mario & Luigi: Dream Team § Gold Statue. For the item in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, see List of clothing in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam § Gold Statue.
Gold Statues, also known as Wario Statues, are items that appear in Wario World. Here, Wario tries to piece together his statues, since they have been split into eight parts known as Statue Pieces or Gold Statue parts by the Black Jewel's magic and the pieces have been scattered across the level. Every time Wario completes one of these statues, half of a heart is added to his life meter.
A Gold Statue also appears in Welcome to Greedville, as the centerpiece of the golden fountain in the center of town. Its appearance is identical to the official artwork of the Gold Statue from the Wario World instruction booklet. If the player clicks on the statue, Wario's voice sings "Wario" to the tune of "Figaro," but he chokes after exhausting himself.
In the instruction booklet for Wario World, Wario insists to the game staff that these statues are named "Mr. Wario's Gold Statues."
Completed Gold Statues
A Gold Statue in Greenhorn Forest
A Gold Statue in Greenhorn Ruins
A Gold Statue in Horror Manor
A Gold Statue in Wonky Circus
A Gold Statue in Shivering Mountains
A Gold Statue in Beanstalk Way
A Gold Statue in Mirror Mansion
A Gold Statue in Pecan Sands
The Gold Statues are both complete in Spooktastic World, giving Wario an extra heart.
- If Wario is the first to reach seven minigame wins in the Step It Up game mode from Mario Party 9, a golden statue of Wario similar to the one in Horror Manor is seen.
- Wario World instruction booklet, page 20 (British English) or page 22 (American English).
- Stratton, Steve. Wario World: Prima’s Official Strategy Guide. Page 8.
- Grimm, Steven. Wario World Player's Guide. Page 6.