Red Coins in the Sand Castle
|Red Coins in the Sand Castle
|Super Mario Sunshine
|<< Directory of missions >>
Red Coins in the Sand Castle, also called Rebuilding the Sand Castle, is the bonus ninth episode of Gelato Beach in Super Mario Sunshine. It can be accessed by replaying Dune Bud Sand Castle Secret.
Returning to the secret area will allow Mario to use FLUDD and do a Red Coin challenge. On the second green platform is the Red Switch Plate, and Ground Pounding it will cause eight red coins to appear on the path ahead and on the sand castle. The player has a time limit of one minute to collect them all; failing to do so will result in losing a life. The locations of the red coins are:
- Three of the red coins are along the Sand Block path.
- Two of the red coins are on the front corners on the lower level of the sand castle.
- One of the red coins is in the center of the lower level of the sand castle.
- Two of the red coins are on top of the left and right spires of the sand castle, perpendicular the Episode 1 Shine Sprite and the 1 Up Mushroom.
Collecting all eight red coins will cause the Shine Sprite appear at the base of the sand castle.
- Averill, Alan, and Jennifer Villarreal. Super Mario Sunshine Player's Guide. Page 64.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Doug Walsh. Super Mario Sunshine BradyGames Official Strategy Guide. Page 63.