Spiky Tire Trail
|Spiky Tire Trail
|Donkey Kong Land
|<< Directory of levels >>
Spiky Tire Trail, spelled Spiky Tyre Trail in British English, is the twentieth level in Donkey Kong Land and the fourth level of Monkey Mountains & Chimpanzee Clouds. Spiky Tire Trail is a cave level with several Mincers for Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to avoid. Additionally, the Kongs must avoid falling into several pits along the way.
From the start of the level, the Kongs must travel east and jump over a Mincer. They will shortly after come up to another one. They will have to dash under this foe, and cross a few small abysses to make it to another Mincer. Again, they should quickly run under it as it moves upwards. Then, the heroes must travel a little farther and dodge yet another Mincer. Once they jump over this, they will come up to a wide gap. Using a platform swinging across it, they will ride to the other end of the pit. Once on the other side, they must jump over and run under several Mincers. Soon, they will have to cross to small gaps with a Mincer lurking around them. If the Kongs manage to get past this area, they must carry on and dash under three consecutive Mincers as they move up and down. Right after that, they will find the Continue Point.
Halfway through the level, the heroes should make their way up to more Mincers, and jump between them. This part is followed by a part where they will have to use another platform to cross a wide gap. Once they are taken to the other side of the abyss, they must dodge a couple of Mincers. This time, they will see one of the Mincers orbiting another. They should be careful and journey around the enemies to progress through the level. The Kongs, after this, will need to cross two small gaps with a few normal jumps. However, two Mincers will be moving around the area, so they need to be cautious. Making their way through this area will take the Kongs to another Mincer. As it moves around, they must hop over it and then climb up a few ledges, without bumping into any Kritters. From there, the heroes will come up to a very wide abyss, much wider than any other gaps before it. A platform should be used to cross it. However, it won't float across the whole length of the abyss, so the Kongs will have to leap over a Mincer and land on a second platform. This one will take them to the other end of the gap. The group will encounter another Mincer when they are over the pit. This one will be shooting out of a small alcove at a fast speed. They should carefully jump over it as it moves downwards, and then hop over the following Mincer in another area. Once they pass all those foes, Donkey and Diddy Kong will have to journey a little bit farther. After hopping over a gap and bouncing off of a Kritter, the Kongs should see a portal nearby. When they jump into it, it will take them to the next level.
The following enemies appear in the following quantities:
Items and objects
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
- K: In a secret area found by immediately running left and jumping to the Barrel Cannon at the start.
- O: A Mincer vertically goes through the "O".
- N: High above a gap near two Mincers circling a platform.
- G: Over a gap shortly after a Kritter.
Spiky Tire Trail has two Bonus Areas:
- When the Kongs go on the first platform to travel across a wide abyss, they must go to a banana trail below them. By jumping around the two Mincers, the Kongs are caught into an Auto-Fire Barrel that takes them to a Bonus Area. The area takes place in a small jungle area where the Kongs can collect many bananas.
- Some time before the letter G, the Kongs encounter a Mincer moving in and out of a gap. When the Mincer goes up, the Kongs must fall into the gap to enter a large open area. The Kongs must pick up a Steel Keg and throw it at a nearby wall, revealing an entrance into the second Bonus Level. The second one also takes place at a jungle, and the Kongs must jump on a button for a rotating Barrel Cannon to release their Kong Tokens individually. The Kongs earn an extra life for every Kong Token that they catch. After releasing all of their tokens, the Kongs return into the main level.
Names in other languages
Supinā no dōkutsu
|La pista delle ruote appuntite
|The mincers track
- Nintendo Power Volume 74, page 21.
- Donkey Kong Land Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, page 13.
- Donkey Kong Land UK Game Boy instruction booklet, page 18.
- Donkey Kong Land Italian booklet, pag. 18