|Donkey Kong Land
|<< Directory of levels >>
Skyscraper Caper is the twenty-eighth level in Donkey Kong Land and the fifth level in the Big Ape City. Skyscraper Caper takes place on a series of housing complexes. There are ropes that make Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong descend or ascend when they grab it, and the Kongs must use these ropes to travel across pits. Some of the ropes have Slippas sliding down them. Some items such as KONG Letters and Banana Bunches can be obtained by riding to the end of certain ropes.
From the start of the level, the Kongs must defeat a Gnawty and ride up some ropes to find a Kong Token and a Banana Bunch. They will have to ride back down and go into a small building. Once out of it, they must grab onto some ropes and jump across them. After the Kongs get back on a solid platform, they should make their way down to another set of ropes. Getting over these few ropes will take the Kongs to an even smaller platform with a Slippa on it. They should defeat the foe and jump along a few other ropes to make it to another platform. From here, they will have to hop down to a few smaller platforms and beat some Kritters, then ride up a long rope. They will make their way to yet another platform, which must be jumped off of to reach the next rope. There, the heroes will need to leap to the following rope and get to the next platform. As usual, though, they will have to grab onto a nearby rope and ride downwards. It will take them to a bigger platform. They should make their way across this and jump over to several ropes to cross and abyss. Once they make it over the abyss, the heroes will find the level's Continue Point.
Halfway through the level, the Kongs must get to another set of ropes and hop across. On the other end of the abyss they just crossed with those ropes, they will have to bounce off of another small platform and hop to a couple of ropes. On the second one, they must ride upwards and get to the next platform. Walking across this platform will take them to another rope, which must be ridden downwards, without bumping into any Zingers. When they get back on the ground, the group will need to travel to the left hop up several platforms. They will soon make to another set of ropes. They must be used to, as usual, cross a wide pit. Once this pit is crossed, they must jump to several more platforms and leap into a barrel. It will shoot them upwards onto a platform. There, they will have to cling onto some more ropes, still watching out for many Zingers. After that, the heroes must jump up to a platform and cross another pit with the aid of a few ropes. When they get to the other side of the abyss, they will find a portal. It will take them out of the level.
Items and objects
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
- K: Found by riding the rope at the beginning upward.
- O: Found by riding a rope downward.
- N: In the bonus room
- G: In a rope climbing segment near the end of the stage.
Skyscraper Caper has only one Bonus Area:
- Shortly after the Continue Point, the Kongs encounter a Krusha. They must jump over it and then climb across ropes over an abyss with Zingers afterward. On the third rope, the Kongs must climb upwards and hop to another rope. They must jump into a Blast Barrel in the air to enter a Bonus Area. The area takes place in an underwater ruins, where the active Kong must swim between two fast-moving Mincers to grab the letter N. When they obtain the item, the Kongs can exit from the right end of the Bonus Area.
Names in other languages
- Donkey Kong Land instruction booklet, page 19.
- Donkey Kong Land Italian booklet, pag. 19