Snake Charmer's Challenge
|Snake Charmer's Challenge
|Donkey Kong Land
|<< Directory of levels >>
Snake Charmer's Challenge is the thirteenth level in Donkey Kong Land and the fourth level of Kremlantis. Snake Charmer's Challenge is the second temple level. It is filled with baskets of snakes that shoot Slippas at Donkey and Diddy Kong or even roll down steps of the temple. The level has one Swirlwind, its first appearance in the level. There are a few pits along the way that the Kongs can cross by using a few ropes. Either Snake Charmer's Challenge or Chomp's Coliseum can be completed for an explosive barrel that is used to blow up a rock obstructing the path to the level, Nautilus Chase.
From the start of the level, the Kongs should travel east and grab onto the nearby rope. It will move right and left. When it gets by the next ledge, they need to jump off, and continue on. They will soon find the level's first basket of snakes, shooting Slippas at them. When it is passed, the heroes should use a Swirlwind to get an extra boost on hopping over a gap. Then, they should bounce off of a tire and grab a Kong Token, and keep going east after that. They'll later dodge a basket of snakes, along with its contents, and soon grab onto a rope. It will take them over a large abyss, where they can find the letter K. When back on land, they need to continue east, avoid a basket of snakes, and grab onto yet another rope. As the rope before, it will guide them over a huge gap. As they go, there will a Zinger flying around to knock them off. After that, the Kongs will have to keep going forward and travel under another Zinger. After jumping over a rather small abyss, they will find the Continue Point.
Halfway through the level, they Kongs will come up to two baskets of snakes, which can be destroyed with the TNT Barrels nearby. From there, they must leap across a small gap and continue east. They'll soon find the letter N, and have to hop over another small gap. There is a basket of snakes after this, as well as yet another small gap. Both obstacles can be overcome easily, and the Kongs should be able to move on. After they drop down a large ledge, they must cross a few big abysses. One of these abysses must be cross with the aid of a floating basket of snakes, which the Kongs can step on. After that, the heroes must avoid another basket of snakes and grab onto a rope. As it takes them over the large abyss below, they need to watch out for the Zinger buzzing around them. There is another rope after this in mid-air, and it will, as usual, move when the Kongs get on it. More Zingers than before are here, and they are flying all around. Soon, though, the group will reach land again, where they can exit the level.
The following enemies appear in the following quantities:
Items and objectsEdit
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
- K: Found during a rope climbing section.
- O: At the end of the first bonus room.
- N: Hovering above an upwards slope with Slippa Jars rolling down.
- G: In a rope section with a few Zingers.
Snake Charmer's Challenge has only one Bonus Level:
- Just before the Continue Point is the first TNT Barrel. The active Kong must pick it up and throw it at a basket of snakes. They must bounce on a tire in the hole to go right to the Bonus Level. In the Bonus Level, Donkey Kong and Diddy are in a cloudy area with platforms that move a set path. There are some Zingers and Mincers, which the Kongs can avoid by jumping over. The Kongs can collect Banana Bunches along the way until they reach a dead-end with a Blast Barrel (which the letter O is above) that sends them back to the main level.
Names in other languagesEdit
Surippā no iseki
|La sfida dell'incantatore di serpenti
|The snake charmer's challenge
|Desafío del encantador de serpientes
|Snake Charmer's Challenge
- Donkey Kong Land instruction booklet, page 17.
- Donkey Kong Land Italian booklet, pag. 17