Fast Barrel Blast
|Fast Barrel Blast
|Donkey Kong Land
|<< Directory of levels >>
Fast Barrel Blast is the twenty-seventh level in Donkey Kong Land and the fourth level of Big Ape City. Fast Barrel Blast takes place inside of a blimp that largely features Barrel Cannons, which move faster than in other levels. Some items such as a Kong Token or KONG Letters can be collected by launching Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong with precise timing. Sometimes, the Kongs can shoot over the Barrel Cannons to take a shortcut in the level.
When the level begins, the Kongs may collect a few bananas and bounce off of a few Kritters before landing in a barrel. This shoots them up to a ledge, where they must defeat a Mini-Necky before jumping down another ledge. After this is a large abyss which can only be crossed by shooting the Kongs out of barrels, sometimes with precise aiming and timing. After this, they must simply avoid a few Zingers before reaching the Continue Point.
Following this, the Kongs must fire themselves out of more barrels before reaching a couple of Slippas and another barrel. The Kongs must fire themselves out of the second barrel and bounce off of a tire to reach the next. They must continue over the gap before avoiding a few enemies. A tire embedded in the ground allows them to reach the next barrel. After this section, the Kongs encounter a Hogwash they may bounce off of as well. Upon completing this section, they must simply hop down to find a portal they may enter the complete the level.
Items and objectsEdit
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
- K: Above a barrel cannon that's used to cross an abyss.
- O: Found in a barrel blasting segment.
- N: Also located in a barrel blasting segment.
- G: In the second bonus stage.
Fast Barrel Blast has two Bonus Areas:
- Shortly after a Mini-Necky at the start, the Kongs must jump down a large ledge while following a banana trail. By doing so, the Kongs land onto a weak spot of the ground, causing a rope to rise out. By grabbing it, the Kongs are taken to the first Bonus Area. There, the Kongs must jump on a button to release their Kong Tokens from a Barrel Cannon individually. They earn an extra life for each Kong Token they catch. Once they run out of tokens, the Kongs return into the main level.
- At the end of the level, instead of continuing down a ledge leading to the portal, the Kongs must instead go to the left end. They must do a roll jump to land in a Blast Barrel which blasts them to a Bonus Area. The area takes place in a jungle, where the Kongs must avoid three Mincers encircling the path. Afterward, the Kongs can bounce from a half tire stuck in the ground to reach the letter G above. A cave opening is next to the tire, and by entering it the Kongs return into the main level.
Names in other languagesEdit
|Il colpo della botte veloce
|The fast barrel bang
|Barriles y despegues
|Barrels and launches
- Donkey Kong Land instruction booklet, page 19.
- Donkey Kong Land Italian booklet, pag. 19