Talk:Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
|Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has won a Mario Award in the Eighth Awards Ceremony!!
Sand in mansion?
I've heard that there's sand in the mansion. Were did I hear that? Here. "This is amazing!!! There's sand in a mansion? Weird but looks amazing!!!"-Photobrick --Holyromanemperortatan 13:18, 7 June 2011 (EDT)
You can visit through various mansions according to Reggie Fils-Aime, so it may be a different mansion. It's a tomb-like mansion with mummified ghosts. --Lounge 13:21, 7 June 2011 (EDT)
- Ok thanks!--Holyromanemperortatan 13:27, 7 June 2011 (EDT)
If a series page was to be made, doesn't Super Mario Galaxy need one too? (If it hasn't already been made.)
Another thing, I wasn't able to watch the conference, but when was E. Gadd confirmed?
- He's in the screenshots, if that's not confirmation for ya. Zenox9120 17:49, 7 June 2011 (EDT)
- D'oh, I can't believe I overlooked that, lol.
- Well, I guess a Luigi's Mansion series page could be created, as there is a Mario Baseball (series) page, with only two titles in it.
- Actually, that sounds like a good idea. DK Fan
Portrait ghost replacement?
The Orange ghost with the big head seems to be a Replacement for the Portrait Ghosts. Here's why: - It has a heart like the portrait ghosts. - It had over 60 hp. A regular ghost with 60 hp would be unlikely. - It had a specific attack pattern and it could only be vacuumed while its heart was exposed. It's gotta be a Boss of some sort.
I think the similarities should be noted somewhere in the article... User:MarioMaster720
Or, Nintendo decided that ghosts will have more HP now and the portrait ghosts have more health.
The Orange ghost with a big head is 100% a boss. Here's why: - It had 100 hp. - It had a heart like the portrait ghosts (which were mini-bosses) - It had a specific attack pattern and it could only be vacuumed when its heart was exposed. - I had a cinematic entrance when discovered (like the major bosses) - It prevented Luigi from going up the stairs and pushed him back presumably because Luigi needed to complete a task before battling it. (like King Boo and the Boolussus boo) - When it was captured, The mission ended instantly (like bosses in general) - E. Gadd Also called it a "Telekinetic Ghost".
Here's proof: [] This SHOULD BE MENTIONED! Atleast the "Telekinetic Ghost" part. Also note that 4 new room names are confirmed in that vid. "Foyer", "Common Hall", "Lab" and "Library". User:MarioMaster720
- Interesting... Yes, we should add some info to it. Maybe a whole article for this
Telekinectic"Telekinetic Ghost" thing, but we should wait a bit until we get final names and some artwork, maybe. --Mario Fan 123 - Mario's craazy fan! 10:01, 9 June 2011 (EDT)
It could be placed in the trivia for now and as i said, The fact that the orange ghost is a boss should also be mentioned because it has all the characteristics for a boss. User:MarioMaster720
- That doesn't belong in the trivia, and maybe it's not a boss. Maybe it's a regular strong enemy and bosses have a lot more HP. Supermariofan14
I wrote that it's "Boss-like" not a boss. I didn't add it to the trivia User:MarioMaster720
Since when have Boos been confirmed?
Technically, King Boo could be the only boo in the game. P.S. Hey MQM, it's me OY!!
Actually, I meant normal Boos, not Boos in general, but I see what you mean.
it will be released Q1 of 2012. The gamestop roster says January 3rd, that may be a more accurate date however we do know it will be come out in the first few months of 2012
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gamerlad2 (talk).
"Dark Pink/Red Version of the orange boss-like ghost, found in the study" ==
Where?? I've seen the trailer a lot of times and I have never seen it. Does another video exist??? Even in the demo you can't access the study. There isn't even a source! Is this true or not??? User:MarioMaster720
- The trailer is not the only source that exists. There was a playable demo at E3 as well, and images and other stuff. User:Snakeboss14/sig
I already said that you can´t access the study in the E3 Demo( I have played it) and none of the gallery pictures show it. I was asking if there existed a ghost like that and why there wasn´t any source. User:MarioMaster720
Why won't anyone answer. DOES THE GHOST EXIST OR NOT! It doesn't even have a source so tell me if I can delete it! User:MarioMaster720
No, they're the same ghosts. No source confirms that there are two of these ghosts. --Spongeman537 21:28, 22 August 2011 (EDT)
I meant that there doesn't exist a Dark Pink/Red version of the orange ghost. No one has stated a source nor proof so it should be deleted! User:MarioMaster720
I think that whoever put this here,meant the red ghost with 30 HP. Maybe they saw it in a trailer somewhere out there. Just a thought. --RosalinaSilverCrown 09:41, 23 May 2012 (EDT)==
GB Horror Replaced?
Does anybody know if the Game Boy Horror from the 1st game is upgraded to,say, a DS Horror? Shadow Master 13:58, 7 September 2011 (EDT)
It's going to be replaced by something called the "Double Scream". :) Mo'bosses
- I think it's called a "Duel Scream".
BRAND NEW TRAILER!!!
Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dXdpGm_Foc&feature=channel_video_title This shows a lot of interesting things that should be added at once! User:MarioMaster720
Forget it. I added the new stuff and the Source. It's good to know more information. I also crated a whole Mansions section since the new trailer showed some new ones. (Unless they're all the same mansion in different weather, but the former is most likely) User:MarioMaster720
As you maybe know from above topic, the is a trailer that has some texts in japanese. I want to upload this trailer to the wiki, but I want to include the translations as well. Does anyone there speak japanese and can help me with the captions?
Off-topic. There're also two footages for SM3DL and PM3DS, but they have japanese speech instead of text. SWFlash
Unnamed black ghost with 4(?) HP
Should we delete this from the "Ghosts" section? It has no appearance in the trailer that's it's source leads to. --Spongeman537 17:00, 26 September 2011 (EDT)
Never mind, I found it in the Screenshots section. --Spongeman537 17:02, 26 September 2011 (EDT)
I can't see it... Can you post the link to the picture? User:MarioMaster720
Just in case you still haven't seen it. --Spongeman537 09:04, 1 October 2011 (EDT)
If you wanna see it just type lm02 scrn 3 on google --User: Nintendo master 88
Thanks! I see it now :) Although I highly doubt that it's original hp is 4. Luigi probably tried to suck it up before, nut couldn't suck it up in one go. Nevermind, Thanks for showing me the picture ;) User:MarioMaster720
The room labeled as "A secret Room behind teared wallpaper with gold bars and a pipe that Luigi can look into to see the Dining Room" is actually named the Secret Pocket according to this video  at 9:19. --Spongeman537 20:48, 15 October 2011 (EDT)
Luigi's Mansion 2 was confirmed that it will be released in the First Quarter of 2012, someone needs to stop deleting that from the release date.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gamerlad2 (talk).
Maybe it's missing the reference that validates the claim that it will be released in the First Quarter of 2012? MarioComix 20:48, 17 November 2011 (EST)
The only information on the release date right now is that it will be released sometime in 2012. ~♪RosalinaSilverCrown♪
hi guys this game was conformed by Nintendo to be released holiday 2012--Kirbyandluigi 19:23, 20 July 2012 (EDT)Kirbyandluigi
Box Art from IGN
Not official. Donaldthescotishtwin
This has been bugging me for a while now. The site says that Mario is in the game but WHERE??? I've seen all the trailers/videos and I can't hear or see "Mario" anywhere. I want a link to the proof that Mario is in the game quickly or I'll delete Mario from the page! User:MarioMaster720
- In the trailer he yells "MAAARIO!!", So mario has something to do in that game - ItsameMario 22:45, 28 April 2012 (EDT)
When does he yell mario? I just want to know since it is VERY possible that I didn't pay attention. ~♪RosalinaSilverCrown♪
What is the name of the website Nintendo Master 88
- Mario is rescued at the end of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.....User:Mario's agent
I think I accidently deleted everything(enemies down)off the article. If someone could please fix or tell me how to put things like media on it,then i would be happy to fix it myself!P.S.I would also be happy to explain what went down on my talk page! --RosalinaSilverCrown 22:51, 5 June 2012 (EDT)
Go to the top of the page and click "history" then look for your edit and click it, then click the edit you want to revert it back to, then click "undo".
In this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbgTYe9W-Kc&feature=related) E. Gadd says something about "finding the next Dark Moon piece" so this might have the "Dark Moon" subtitle make more sense. So the story might be, the Dark Moon was destroyed (maybe by King Boo?) and Luigi has to piece it back together. Mario3D64
- From another bit of text Gadd says, it would seem that ghosts are roaming free because the Dark Moon was broken. But we can't put anything until it's confirmed. Koopalmier 21:35, 26 June 2012 (EDT)
Sorry if there's something I'm missing, because I'm new... but why is there so many red links? Because things like Dark Moon have been edited to be a link, but the page doesn't exist, so it is red and looks a bit, well... so sorry if I'm being stupid, I'm just trying to be helpful. --FunkyWaffle 13:38, 27 June 2012 (EDT)
THe red links mean the page hasn't been created. The blue links those are pages. Usually we don't use links for things that don't really need pages.13:43, 27 June 2012 (EDT)
Thank you for the answer, but I just think since there isn't much we know about the pages that are red, I don't think they should be linked for now, since they are red and don't look good. I don't think they should be created either, because they would just be stubs. Anyway, again, sorry if I'm being stupid. --FunkyWaffle 13:52, 27 June 2012 (EDT)
- Red links are useful here because they alert editors to subjects that need articles once sufficient information on those subjects is available. Mario4Ever
Oh OK, thanks. --FunkyWaffle 12:41, 28 June 2012 (EDT)
Where's the source for King Boo being the final boss?[[User:RosalinaSilverCrown|[[File:Rosawii.png|95px]][[File:Fire Rosalina.png|70px]]]] 17:57, 5 July 2012 (EDT)
Original portrait ghosts to return?
I remember there being a spooky-esque ghost dog in the e3 2012 trailer...does that mean that in addition to the new ghosts, the originals will return?Shadow Master 16:54, 10 July 2012 (EDT)
Is it possible that the portrait ghosts from LM1are returning, since a ghost dog that looks like spooky is there?
Release Date AGAIN?
We've gotta find out the official release date does anybody know it? --CRode 5:37, 1 August 2012 (EDT) Theres no official release date yet.
I think there is something wrong with the 10th source (the one referencing Toad). It leads to a Health and Fitness article. I'm sure that's not right, but I don't know what the original website was for that so can someone look into that? Tails777 Talk to me!
So yesterday I was on "SpillExpo" in Norway where I played the Demo version of this, and I discovered tons of information. The demos I played were This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpZRbV0EuA And This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sGm3vKx7k
In the first mansion, there was nothing new EXCEPT for the fact that I discovered something that few others did. At 05:24 in the first video, in the "Mudroom" people have probably noticed a sealed door on the right. However what many people missed is that you can return to that room after you get the strobe light and unlock the door using it. The door leads you to a area called "Mudroom Exterior" and there you find a red gemstone called a "New Amethyst". Although the game never shows its value/purpose E. Gadd calls you right after you get it and tells you only that it's very valuable. I added this into the article and sadly, I forgot to film it so the only source is my honest word (but you can see the thing you're supposed to flash at with the strobe in the video at 05:24 at the far right)
On the other mansion however, I discovered many things. I discovered 7 NEW ROOMS AND AREAS! Unlike these two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9sGm3vKx7k, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIerClUJNPQ I actually found out how to move on. You had to shine the rainbow light at the wall (the wall BARELY shown at the end of the second video) to reveal a door which leads to many areas. First the door leads to the Fishing Hut (where you find Toad). When you meet him the floor breaks (The scene shown in the E3 2012 Trailer) and you get to access many new areas. I could go into detail how you would progress forward through them, but I'll instead simply list the names of the rooms/areas in the order in which you visit them:
Ice Cave, Ice Hall, Mine Tunnel, Mirror Hall, Crystal Pond and Elevator Landing. The objective after you meet Toad is to go to the Elevator and get up above ground. When you do get to the elevator, it brings you back to the Chalet where you have to face off against more ghosts and when you suck them all up the mission is over.
Also very notable is that in the Elevator Landing, I found a "New Sapphire" by vacuuming a certain pile of snow there. Again it has no apparent use but again E. Gadd contacted me to tell about how valuable it is. Although like I said I forgot to videotape it and therefore have no "media" source I have added these things into the article and I hope that you don't take it down as this is all true and accurate information. I would NEVER lie about this :) User:MarioMaster720
I believe that the name of Luigi's weapon went directly from Poltergust 3000 to 5000 because there already was the Poltergust 4000. I doubt this will ever be confirmed, but still I think it's worth mentioning as a funny reference to Mario Kart DS. What you think? Is this theory believeable enough to be mentioned?--Kombatgod (talk) 22:39, 13 December 2012 (EST)
- Are you able to provide a source for the info?
Yes, but i don't know how to provide it, sadly but, i do know it's name and i says unnamed, which it is not, so i should change it.
In an interview. sorry if not the best source. it was an interview about the game.
I didn't see any purple boos with yellow eyes during the trailers or any images. Can some one give me proof that these ARE in the game. even if they were and i didn't see them. shouldn't we change there names to dark boo? (dark boos are purple boos with yellow eyes)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kingfawful4321 (talk).
ok, I think i saw them in a trailer or scrennshot after seeing this on the wiki. I was hard to spot i added Dark boo in brackets by it, but it was deleted. I have not seen a dark boo elsewhere other than Fantendo, so it is probably a fan name.
Black Ghost with at least 4 HP
I don't think the black ghost with the 4 HP actually exists. I saw the screenshot on IGN, but whenever Luigi flashes a ghost with his strobe light, it changes color. For example, in the screenshot, the green ghost turns white. Also, if it's a new ghost, why does it look like the unnamed pink ghost so much? I think the black ghost is just the pink ghost flashed by the strobe light.--MarioMaster2011 (talk) 01:55, 21 December 2012 (EST)
The "dark Boo" subject
Although it looks like a Dark boo from some Mario RPGS (not Super MARIO RPG though), is it official that it is one. They have blue tongues.
- i wrote Dark boo by it, but it got deleted, i don't think they are dark boos. Also "Unnamed purple boo with yellow eyes" sounds more realistic than Dark Boo. Although it has been seen,Dark Boo sound like a joke. I think we should keep it for a little longer. until further notice.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).
Purple Boo with yellow eyes = Dark Boo.
Uh, does anyone have any proof that there are Dark Boos in the game? Because I haven't seen one yet. DK Fan
They don't work. 220.127.116.11 15:01, 20 January 2013 (EST)
It's in Japanese or Chinese user:Aliman101
it has been shown on Gamexpalin, some new infinite HPed ghost and MULTIPLAYER, a dark blue luigi, and full green clothed luigi, and purple/magenta luigi and a rusty orange luigi are the four playable characters. 18.104.22.168 14:51, 24 January 2013 (EST)
According to the latest Gameinformer magazine, there is a 4th mansion called Haunted Towers. It's where the Venus Flytraps and the greenhouse rooms are.--MarioMaster2011 (talk) 19:04, 27 January 2013 (EST)
Cool, thanks, if only we could add it. did you read the multiplayer i wrote? 22.214.171.124 12:32, 28 January 2013 (EST)
- Yes, but did you read the 4th Mansion I wrote? I will give you three extra details: 1. The screenshots of Haunted Towers' rooms actually have names instead of ScareScraper, which only has letters as the rooms. 2. They have screenshots for it. Look at the one where Luigi is in the greenhouse or the one where Luigi flashes his strobe light on a flower to get a key. 3. Gameinformer stated that Haunted Towers and ScareScraper (Multiplayer) are two very different things. Also you must be confusing Gameinformer with Gamexplain, which are also two very different things.--MarioMaster2011 (talk) 19:46, 28 January 2013 (EST)
No, it was Gamexplain. 126.96.36.199 12:46, 30 January 2013 (EST)
- Yes, but gameinformer made an article about it in their magazine. Also, I'm right, because now it has been confirmed.--MarioMaster2011 (talk) 11:38, 22 February 2013 (EST)
yellow-green ghost with 398 hp??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is no proof about the yellow-green ghost with 398 HP gimme proof plz
- We will have to see about that. Since the user who added the line about this ghost didn't cite the source for the information, then I think it is safe to remove it, as is noted on the template on top of the page. Also, please, next time create an understandable header, without this many question marks and exclamation points. --- ThePremiumYoshi
Actually you can see It on the multiplayer trailer so it's only a multiplayer only ghost --Donaldthescotishtwin
Please take a careful look at this trailer . --- Newzzz
- Newzzz, you could have linked to this video, to show other users that the information you added was confirmed. Bear that in mind, because the template on the page clearly states that uncited contributions can be removed. --- ThePremiumYoshi
Many apologies. --- Newzzz
I have added the needed reference link for the "ghost with 398 HP" --- Newzzz
It seems very similar to green ghost and gold ghost so it must be a subspecies aliman101
Video/picture proof of a king boos mansion
Can somebody please gimme proof about king boos mansion ? Aliman101
There is a picture of it in the gallery ( this article's gallery) you can just see the boos, but the ship makes me think: water world/mansion, instead of king Boos lair. remember, it say assumed or something like that. 188.8.131.52 09:13, 3 February 2013 (EST)
Ignore the "water world/mansion" part. it looks like an airship wreck, so maybe it king boo's mansion, as bowser's world has airships, so why can't king boo's mansion have a ghost (air)-ship in his "world". 184.108.40.206 09:17, 3 February 2013 (EST)
I posted this 1 day before they posted the pictur Aliman101
King Boo's mansion
anyone else notice that this MUST be his mansion for two reasons:
1: there is a crown shaped window on the top of the main building, and who in this game wears a crown...? ("Princess Toadstool/Peach!", "Me: NO KING BOO!"
2: he has a ghost (air)-ship out on the left, and bowser has airships, so king boo must have ghost ships. this could also be a reference to super Mario World (the final world had a ghost ship (as the entrance in SMW)).
so i see that it may not be his (false final boss's mansion (pretending to be king boo), then the real king boo in a better, less-weird-looking mansion) but i'm pretty sure it is, just analysing, so we may want to add this to the article at some point (we most likely won't unless in the "reference to past games" part). 220.127.116.11 15:55, 5 February 2013 (EST)
guess we have to wate until march Aliman101
there are three crown shape windows Nintendo Master 88
So it does... i guess it proves it almost even more. I mean, who would rub in they are a monarchy/wear a crown, and LIVE IN A GHOST/HAUNTED MANSION. 18.104.22.168 14:43, 6 February 2013 (EST)
If you look closesly there is a tree on the right but it's roots are coming from underneath the mansion and are suspended in air as if the mansion itself is floating... perhaps it is a sky mansion and that explains why there is an airship? -Guest
Exactly where is this supposedly called 'flooded mansion'? I would think that it is just the same snow-themed mansion. Please bring me evidence about the water-themed mansion. Many apologies if I assumed wrong. --Newzzz
I think we need proof too Aliman101
Unnamed purple boo with yellow eyes
um. . . the unnamed purple boo with yellow eyes (who some think is dark boo) is GONE from the list. as shown in the above comments, there has been sightings, so shouldn't it be there? 22.214.171.124 10:34, 16 February 2013 (EST)
I've been following this game since the day it was announced and i'v never seen any Dark Boo's no one gave any proof either, ~~Donaldthescotishtwin
possibly another boss
I may have found another boss in the Old Clockworks mansion it appears to have bulgy ears in one of the demos nintendo master 88 126.96.36.199 20:55, 18 February 2013 (EST)
I think it's this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbgTYe9W-Kc&list=HL1339514626&feature=mh_lolz at 1:36 a strange 'horned' ghost flys out the clock tower then away. Also if you look at the newest video where Miyamoto is discussing it and the bosses he talks about haunted staircases, then it shows Luigi in what looks like a platform in the tree of the forest mansion walking up some stairs then being knocked off, if you examine closely the stairs change and the two torches either side appear to turn into eyes. Possibly the staircase is the boss or part of the boss of that mansion? (I hope not, I mean a boss staircase? Come on Nintendo...) -Guest
hi guys, i heard that the Dark Moon was a satellite. is this true, as i'm writing a non-cannon backstory of King Boo and got to Dark Moon, i think it's a satellite as i remember hearing this. if you guys could just confirm this.Thanks. 188.8.131.52 05:30, 21 February 2013 (EST)
um... i only remember hearing this, and asked for a confirmation, in case i was wrong, but i think it was from an OLD Gamexplain Dark Moon discussion video after André (Gamexplain's main man) got to play i think 30 minutes of the game. If you want, watch all of the discussions and tell me. If any one knows, can they confirm (or de-confirm) it, please. Thank you. 184.108.40.206 16:32, 22 February 2013 (EST)
I don't remamber them saying anything about satellites. Also, When your done, Can you give me a link to the non-cannon backstory? It sounds cool. :) Kingfawful4321 (talk) 18:27, 22 February 2013 (EST)
I've done most if the story, but it's on Apple Pages (like Word) not on the internet, so um... anyway, i've go to the cannon-stuff so i'd say it's done for now. if you know a place where i could post it (as this wiki is for cannon info) tell me (sorry if this sound like a forum). if any finds out what the dark moon is, please tell me. Thank you. 220.127.116.11 05:07, 23 February 2013 (EST)
Intro is here.
It doesn't work for some reason 😡 18.104.22.168 22:19, 24 February 2013 (EST)
The names of the new ghosts are shown.
another pink ghost ?
if you look carefully in the picture with 2 mummies and greenie there is another pink ghost! 22.214.171.124 17:47, 26 February 2013 (EST)
this is the link File:Mummies and greenies.png luigibros99 126.96.36.199 18:48, 26 February 2013 (EST)
copy it in the search bar luigibros99 188.8.131.52 18:49, 26 February 2013 (EST)
the one on the wiki luigibros99 184.108.40.206 18:27, 27 February 2013 (EST)
Gloomy Mansion Missions, Ghost pages, and images
Hey, Cubeguy here, i have gone and done a few things recently, new images (51 total) and some trivia stuff. One thing i have tried to do is work on the Spider boss for Gloomy Mansion and the fact its been possesed by a spirit, but it keeps getting deleted. Heres the link to the article where it is stated its possesed.  The other thing i have done is gone and created the Gloomy Mansion, Poltergeist pages going with all info and the same info from that link. I started on the ghost pages but found that all of the ghost artwork is to large for the species infobox, so yeah. Please check the pages and this link as im trying to help to my full extent here.
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Overview trailer
I just added a link to this new trailer, now something with more wiki knowledge than me should go through the video and start adding the stuff missing from the wiki page that can be seen in it. There's definitely a strange 'monster' that we don't get a good look at it at about 3:50 in the video.
Here's the link:
The staircase I think, that wasn't previously listed as an enemy but obviously is. The other one should be added if it's new as well though.
6 pieces, 5 Mansions?
First of all, i told you the spider boss was possesed by a ghost!
Second of all, i have noticed that there are 6 Dark Moon pieces and only 5 Mansions. Strange huh? One of the pieces land between E.Gadds Safe Room and Gloomy Mansion in the intro, but if thats so whats there? Gloomy Mansion is were the Poltergust 5000 is acquired so theres most likly somthing hidden there thats needed to be found.
A Pyramid or a Tomb?
In the Overview Trailer there is a Sarcophagus (i hope i spelt that right) that sucks Luigi in. There are also quite a few Pyramid/Tomb rooms shown off. So is there a Pyramid for a mansion or is it part of the Old Clockworks? Thoughts? -Cubeguy
Please Respond - Cubeguy
Pink Horned Boss Ghost
Hey Cubeguy here, i just have a question, that i probably shouldnt ask, about the new ghost that possess the giant spider and the stairs. Do we want to list this under Enemies or Bosses? Or should we leave it for now until we find out more about it. Because this ghost possess items or creatures by the looks of it, and if thats so then there must be more than one if Luigi can suck them up right?
Please Respond. -Cubeguy
- I'd wait for more info.
- As i said i, i shouldnt have asked, oh well, thanks for replying. - Cubeguy
- I was thinking the same, but I think in Gloomy Mansion the staircase was possessed by the Poltergeist, so it's possible that there may be more than 1 Poltergeist. Personally though I don't think it's a boss and I do think there should be some sort of reference near it if possible Yoshi876 (talk)
- The Hider is a common ghost in the game. The Staircase is most likley possesed by the Large pink ghost i described above and that can be seen being knocked out of the giant Spider in the overview trailer. We wont know for sure until the game comes out, but this seems to be the more likely thing for it to be. -Cubeguy
The Hider doesn't possess things. It just hides in things. I don't think when you knock it out of the spider it flees. i think you have to inhale it afterwords. These are my guesses on what The staircase is: 1: a staircase possessed by the pink ghost. 2:a staircase that's just ordinarly alive, not possessed or anything like that. and 3: An obstacle like the Mad Piano. Kingfawful4321 (talk) 09:04, 2 March 2013 (EST)
It's quite obviously a boss as 1) It's at the top of Haunted Towers in the actual tree on a kind of arena 2) The bosses of each mansions appear to possess things- The Spider possessed by the pink ghost, the clock possessed by the white ghost with horns (Looks similar to the pink ghose which has like a mohawk) and if you look closely on the overview trailer there is something inside the pink ghost which I would say is a dark moon piece! 3) On the trailer where Shigeru Miyamoto discusses the ghosts he talks about how the bosses of each mansion are very distinct like a STAIRCASE, a clock etc. IT IS A BOSS PEOPLE! - Guest
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
MORE INFO!!! YAY!!!
Heres a link for more info that was released about the PAL version of the game.
Mummies are Greenies
If you look closey in the overview trailer you will see a whirlwind of bandages. When it stops a Greenie appears holding two sticks with gloves on them and is on stilts. It drops these after spinning. These are most likley the mummies we have seen. - Cubeguy
Seriously this aint rocket science (or is it.....), please make sure in the future to put dates in correct order. That trivia note i fixed about tuesday march 28th and friday march 29th was an embarssing error to see. I dont know who wrote it and i really dont want to know but next time check before finishing, ok? Otherwise keep up the good work. - Cubeguy
- I made the mistake and I completely overlooked it. I did double check, but I didn't notice the mistake. Note that English is not my first language. I remember from my English classes that the difference between Tuesday (dinsdag in Dutch) and Thursday (donderdag in Dutch) sometimes confused some of my classmates. This is the first time I made this mistake though. It was a dumb mistake and thanks for correcting it. Arend
better proof of the other pink ghost
put this in google images closely in the right if it dosent work press search by image luigibros99 18.104.22.168 22:51, 5 March 2013 (EST)
sorry put the wrong thing still look at the right CLOSELY luigibros99 22.214.171.124 22:53, 5 March 2013 (EST)
Giant Clock Boss
Surprisingly, no one brought this up yet. In the latest Nintendo Direct, there is a giant clock that is spinning really fast. Even numbers that look very ghostly come out. Should we include this in the boss section? I am Ness! Protecting Eagleland one bat swing at a time! (talk)
- This shouldn't be included yet as theres to much about it we dont know, it could be the start of a mission where Luigi needs to get all the clock numbers back or it could be a simple arena for ghosts or a diffrent boss. So until it comes out or some large info on it gets dropped just leave it for now. - Cubeguy
Dark Moon Training?
I have noticed in the overview trailer that when it shows E.Gadd sending Luigi through the Pixelator that hes not wearing the Poltergust 5000 and that theres a screen in the background with a Dark Moon image on it to show how many pieces are left. One of the slots is filled, which suggests either theres a training course for the first piece or E.Gadd already has it, as one of the pieces landed near his Lab. So in short the first piece is most likley not gained in Gloomy Manor but in the Safe Room. Thoughts? - Cubeguy
Treasure chest monster?
Iv had a good look and i can't find any evidence of this treasure chest monster. I don't think this is actually in the game. Can someone, preferably the person who wrote it, supply evidence of it being in the game please. - Cubeguy
It's the thing the boss list calls the possessed stairs, it was kind of difficult to see in the dark video so I thought it was a treasure chest like thing instead of stairs. Either way, it was then added to the boss list afterwards under the temporary name, so it's not worth worrying about.
Should the trivia be wiped until we can confirm all of those things when the game is released? Because maybe it will be beta elements. But, we don't want to give people false info when the game is released. Chaossy (talk) 12:26, 14 March 2013 (EDT)
Yeah We should probably wait because they might take out some enemies luigibros99 126.96.36.199 10:26, 15 March 2013 (EDT)
- Don't remove, wipe, or delete anyhting. The information can be easly edited after the games release. Also i highly doubt Nintendo will remove enemies, that they have been shown continously, during the last 2 weeks before this games release. Cubeguy
- Only autoconfirmed user can edit this page, at the moment, wait 5 days and you should be able to edit it Yoshi876 (talk)
Are you sure
Can somebody please provide a source for Luigi jumping? because I havent seen him jump and I've watched all the trailers and the only time I've seen him jump is when he got frightened about the giant clock Shyman (talk) 15:37, 17 March 2013 (EDT)
- Watch the overview trailer, Luigi is jumping over some paranormal goo. Also there is a video by Gamexplain where they talk about it. - Cubeguy
Did you actually read it? Yes it does say that. Sounds interesting too ~Donaldthescotishtwin
White Horned Ghost
Just to throw this out there, the White Horner Ghost boss of Old Clockworks looks extremely similar to the ghost that possessed the spider in Gloomy Manor. I am Ness! Protecting Eagleland one bat swing at a time! (talk)
Final Boss and Ending
Game Explain uploaded a video showing the final boss, ending and credits:
Who wants to be the one to update the story info/summary, King Boo's wiki page and the pages for the ghosts, Luigi, Mario, etc?
I dunno if we should add anything about it yet, since the game is only released in Japan, and we don't want to leak spoilers until the game is released in Western countries too. User:MarioMaster720
- Spoilers aren't really our concern in this wiki, though. We have spoiler tags, don't we? Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 19:50, 20 March 2013 (EDT)
One type of Main Boss Ghost
I have noticed quite recently and can confirm it. That the main bosses which are possesed creatures or objects are being possesed by one type of ghost. The White Horned ghost in fact. It seems these ghost share all the same abilities and appearance to each other. This recently released trailer shows one in Haunted Towers.  - Cubeguy
Does anyone have the Japanese version?
Bosses and More
A YouTube user, by the name of zedamex is posting all about this game, including bosses. Users who can brave the spoilers, please add everything on the articles. Here is a link to zedamex's channel: http://m.youtube.com/#/user/zedamex?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fzedamex. Thanks. I am Ness! Protecting Eagleland one bat swing at a time! (talk)
- Yes . Go to about 27:00.
The article reads that this battle: (SPOILERS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYG_a_S480 is a 'train of Boos', but I'm pretty sure it's Boolossus. The green text before the battle certainly hints that he knows Luigi. He has to be popped. He separates into 15 Boos. Thoughts?
Yeah we can'nt be sure but train of boos I'm changing it to a big boo Shyman
knights and giga knight?
can somebody provide a source for the knights and giga knight boss
- If you're unsure, contact the user that put in the information or remove it. Remember what the template at the top of the page says? Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 20:16, 23 March 2013 (EDT)
lets just wait for the release of the game
5th Mansion English name revealed!
The English name of the 5th Mansion has been revealed as Treacherous Mansion! Check this video as proof that it is official: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/24/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-walkthrough-treacherous-mansion-boo-locations
The game was released today in North America, so the banner will need to be updated to the March 24.
I'll change it if I can
In the section describing the different ghosts, significantly the super ghosts, all the 'its' do not need to have apostrophes between the T and S. I know it's a little thing, but it really bugs me. ''Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast'' - Rimmer (talk) 03:07, 25 March 2013 (EDT)
- See the current sitenotice at the top of the page? It says "If you see an easily corrected mistake, don't just mention it on the talk page: fix it! "
- Shokora (talk · edits) 03:12, 25 March 2013 (EDT)
- Sorry. For some reason, at the time of the post the edit button wasn't there. ''Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast'' - Rimmer (talk) 13:49, 25 March 2013 (EDT)
Poltergiest and the Brain
I got it
I have the game so I should put enemies bosses and stuff by the way rich greenies are actually supposed to be called gold greenies trust me I've caught one
Ok then! Could you also put the mission names in the right mansion?
Why is this here? It was on my talk page....
I may be inactive for awhile!
So did I
Can somebody help me with treacherous mansion?
I can. What mission are you on?
List of Boos in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
King boos illusion
shouldn't we add king boos illusion under mansions because it can be selected as a mansion in the game
Yes we should. Kingfawful4321
Should these get their own article at some point in time? Because there's about 20 or so types of enemies you won't see in the main adventure, and I'm sure they should count as seperate species, right?
- Yeah, I'm pretty sure these will get their own articles. They are indeed separate. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 23:28, 29 March 2013 (EDT)
And, uh, I was going to create a chart showing all of these bosses on a seperate page as seen on my projects. If anyone wants to help, they can comment on my talk page. I am Ness! Protecting Eagleland one bat swing at a time! (talk)
I would like to point out, that even though these are just "redos" of the ghosts from the main game, that they do have abilities that are only found in scare scraper. E.g spawing ghosts and small creatures, creating portals, and using explosives. So they should get their own pages.Cubeguy(talk)
I have noticed that three of the mini-bosses are not made, they are Sister Lucinda, Sister Belinda and Sister Herlinda I can help with the making of these pages if you choose to make them Robecuba (talk) 11:00, 31 March 2013 (EDT) Re: nvm, i looked up three sisters only, i did not think of looking up THE three sistersRobecuba (talk) 11:07, 31 March 2013 (EDT)
Should I make seperate pages for each of the "Other Spooks" Category???
- Definitely. I think the bats and mice should probably share a page with their Luigi's Mansion 1 equivalents since they're basically identical, but the beetles, weird fuzzy creatures from the Secret Mine, spiders and Piranha Plant like plants should probably get a page each. Not sure what to name them though, none of them have an official name in any version of the 'canon'. Maybe the plants could be called a Piranha Plant sub species, they share similar behaviour. And I have heard one or two people call the Secret Mine critters 'Dust Bunnies', but I assume that's a conjectural name.
I think we should list the multiplayer bosses on the Scarescraper page as they are only relevant to that mode and such, as there's about over 30 of them. Also should it be mentioned that it is unkown what happens to king boo after the ending. Just a thought. - Cubeguy(talk)
Suit of Armor and Mummies
?????(the Polterpup) page creation
Should we start noting them down on the relevant pages? Because there seem to be quite major differences in names for rooms, ghosts, bosses and ScareScraper related things between the US and European versions of this game. A partial list can be found here:
Secret Mission Ghosts
Should someone write these down? I know the pages say they're random, but from my experiments it seems like the ghost combos aren't truly random at all. For instance, the Kitchen in Treacherous Mansion will ALWAYS have a single Strong Gobber inside in Terrifying Invasion (if the room has any ghosts at all) and the Nautical Exhibit will always have a single Strong Slammer with a couple of Greenies with helmets in it. I'm not sure how they judge what set of enemies should appear (I'm assuming either its based on the number of rooms previously visited/cleared or how many times you've fought ghosts in said area already), but it's not really random and should probably be written down somewhere.
Carnivorous Plants and Purple Creatures
Is anyone going to make the pages for these? I might if no one else is, but I have no idea what to name them. Also, I think those red/orange flower enemies from Haunted Towers probably need a page too...User:Cheat-master30
- They don't have any actual names in the actual game, so creating pages for themn is quite a challenge. Id personally leave them, but you can make them if you think they need to be made, they don't really contribute much in game besides whats mentioned on the main page, so there isn't much need for them. But it's up to you. - Cubeguy(talk)
- Neither do the ambience enemies like bats/crows/beetles we have pages for, but this is a wiki about Mario, hence any remotely important object from a Mario game arguably needs a page, especially if it's trying to kill you. But I guess I'll be able to think of a name for each of these things sooner or later. User:Cheat-master30
- Done. The articles are now at Carnivorous Plant, Orange Flower and Furry Creature. Not sure if I should rename the latter, but I have no idea what the actual species name is. I'm also wondering whether I should request images for all three pages, as well as all the other 'miscellaneous' spooks pages listed on the main page. Also, are there any other categories I should add them to?User:Cheat-master30
- You can find the imaages in the gallery, the categories for the plants would be enemies and plants, im not sure about the furry creatures as they don't actually harm Luigi. - Cubeguy(talk)
Minor Spooks and Info Box Template
What should we do about this? Because in the template at the bottom that lists pages about Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, at least half the minor enemies aren't listed in the template and the few that are (like Spider(Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon) are listed as ghosts despite not being undead. Should there be a new line listed for ambience enemies and miscellaneous others like Beetles, Spiders, Bats, Crows, Robotic Bombs, Carnivorous Plants, Orange Flowers and those Secret Mine Furry Creatures? User:Cheat-master30
- Someone with great coding skills should add these. They are important. GBAToad (talk) 07:50, 27 April 2013 (EDT)
- Done. I don't exactly have great editing skills, but I added a section to the bottom of the nav box listing the Other Spooks/Ambience enemies/Miscellaneous Creatures found in game. I also moved the Spider listing to there.User:Cheat-master30
Does Every Room Need an Image?
I've been writing pages for the various rooms in Treacherous Mansion to try and finish most of them off, and obviously most don't have images. Should I add the image requested code to every single one? Because that could make the image requested category very, very large.User:Cheat-master30
- It's best to have the notice to request images where required, so users would be aware of the issue. The category's size shouldn't really be taken into account, as it's purpose is to contain all pages which fit the category's subject. And in this case, it's no images.
Possessor without Dark Moon peice
Hey guys,I found a easter egg so I figured this would be the best place to post about it.If not,sorry I am new to this site. Anyway,If you go to Severe Infestation in Secret Mine after collecting all Boos there,go to the Workshop Landing and look in the window.There will be a Possessor without the Dark Moon peice even though you captured the ghost.If you try to enter the workshop,the door will refuse to open. -MultiEpicMario
- I knew that for a while. It's quite interesting, seems like Next Level Games and Nintendo didn't know quite how to handle Luigi going back to the Workshop and Shrewd Possessor in the bonus mission, so just sealed the door (that also happens in some other missions if you go too far off track). Didn't notice the Possessor had no Dark Moon piece though, that's interesting as well. User:Cheat-master30
It raises the question how another possessor got there.Or if it was the same possessor,then how did he escape from the ghost container? -MultiEpicMario
A Nightmare To Remember
should we make a page for the final mission "A Nightmare To Remember"? Kingfawful4321
- We're gonna get to that. Be patient. LB (talk • edits • ) 23:34, 11 May 2013 (EDT)
Missions with Colons ":"
Just a minor nitpick, but I've noticed that in-game, the missions don't have colons separating the letter and number from the mission's name. So "A-1: Poltergust 5000" here would actually be "A-1 Poltergust 5000". --Zootalo (talk) 11:01, 16 May 2013 (EDT)
- I think the colon is added just so it helps separate the title a bit. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, for instance, doesn't have any colons in its title, but we still use the colon in the article itself. There is no set rule for what title gets a colon, but you shouldn't be bothered too much by the colon in the title.
Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 19:35, 16 May 2013 (EDT)
Nintendo is Clever
Did anyone notice how the first letter of the mansions match the first letter of the Possessor ghost that was in it? Gloomy Manor and Grouchy Possessor. Overset Possessor and Old Clockworks. Also note what happens when you take all of the first letters from the mansions and Possessor ghost names. It spells out "GHOST." MarioStar2 (talk) 18:37, 19 May 2013 (EDT)
Spectral mass in double-yoos...?
We all know now that the weight of a ghost is indicated with the letter W in this game, but what does W mean? While it surely comes from the word Weight, the European version of the game gives W a different meaning. In the European version, E. Gadd gives a name to his weight measurement system for ghosts. The W is now a digit or abbreviation for E. Gadd's system, like kg is an abbreviation for kilogram. Here is a list of translations I have found:
- English: Double-yoos
- French: Wouhous - Woo-hoos.
- German: Wunzen - Short for Die I. Gidd'sche Wichtelunze, meaning The E. Gadd Wight-Ounces. If I am not mistaken, a Wight is some kind of gnome-like ghost.
- Dutch: Wibus - Named after K. Wibus (E. Gadd) himself.
- Italian: Wow
- Spanish: Wonitos
I haven't found the Portuguese and Russian translations yet and I don't know what some of the translations mean.
This is what E. Gadd says about double-yoos in the European English translation of the game:
- “I analyse it [the contents of the vault] and make notes on the ghosts, like...how many double-yoos of spectral mass they have! What, did you think ghosts would be measured in pounds and ounces? Ho ho! Of course not!”
- —Professor Elvin Gadd, Luigi's Mansion 2
The American version gives no name to E. Gadd's measurement system and just calls it spectral mass. Should this be mentioned somewhere on the MarioWiki?
I'm starting to add the spectral mass of the ghost on their pages (I put them on theSlammer page), but I hit 2 roadblocks. 1, I need a capture card to have a picture with good quality on the page, and I don't have the max spectral mass for some ghosts, such as The Three Sisters. If anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Meowcats91 (talk).
Pictures for rooms/areas with multiple 'sections
What should we do here? Because the Haunted Catacombs are two distinct maze areas with the same 'location' on the map and name, and the Cliffside has multiple distinct sections too. Same with the Nautical Exhibit. Should we have two pictures on these pages to show people what both sections look like?
Luigi's Mansion Arcade!!
Just if anyone asks why this is in the trivia section. Link: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139684-Luigis-Mansion-Arcade-Title-Announced - Cubeguy(talk)
Make a Page for Luigi's Mansion Arcade?
Should I try and make one? Because it seems obvious we should be covering this game, and it probably deserves a bit more mention separate from this game's page. I'm just not sure how to start the whole thing off and what information to reference yet...
- It warrants a page, and yoU're totes free to make one. I figure it doesn't have one yet due to the complete lack of info when it was revealed.
- Started on page Luigi Mansion Arcade. We need some people to add media, info and sources, but it's getting late here.
Does anyone own the Prima guide?
Glitch Name- Restroom Wall Clip So Here Is The Events Of The Glitch And What Lead Up To It. Mission- E:2 (The Toad One) Steps- 1. Start Mission As Normal Until You Get The First Toad. 2. Go To Restrooms And Get Rid Off All Ghosts. 3. Go To The Edge Of The Room (Either Side Works) Without The Door And Suck Up The Toad. 4. Face Wall And Shoot Toad Out Of Bounds (Easier On Left Side) 5. When Respawning, He Should Be Above You, Start To Suck Him While Walking Into The Wall. 6. If It Works, Toad Should Push Luigi Mostly In The Wall. 7. Walk In Any Direction Other Then Down, And Your Out Of Bounds. Uses- None, Really Softlocks- Temporarily Lose Toad In Stall If Done On Right Side, And He May Not Respawn. MJB20077 (talk) 22:34, November 17, 2019 (EST)