- This article is about minigame in Mario Party and Mario Party 2. For the last level of Donkey Kong Country, see Platform Perils.
|Appears in||Mario Party|
Mario Party 2
|Music track||Let's Go Lightly (Mario Party)|
Going Somewhere (Mario Party 2)
The object of this minigame is to jump from platform to platform and reach the end first while avoiding obstacles. The players can also collect additional Coins located on few platforms. If a player jumps into a pyramid of bricks, they fall and are out of the minigame. The player can also fall if they do not make the platform itself. If a player is jumped on, their movement and jump are restricted for a few seconds. The player that reaches the goal is the winner. If all the players fall off the course, the minigame ends in a draw.
In the Mario Party 2 version of the minigame, the main difference is the addition of more obstacles in the race. There is also the inclusion of moving platforms as well as conveyor belts going either forwards or backwards.
- – Move
- – Jump
- Game Rules – "These platforms will fall as you jump on them. Jump across the platforms and be the first to cross the goal line."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Island) – "Jump across the platforms as they fall out from under you. Cross the finish line first to clear the game."
- Advice – "In various places above the plates, there are Coins floating in the air. The first one there gets them."
Mario Party 2
- Game Rules – "Jump across the platforms that fall from the sky, as you race to be the first to cross the finish line."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Coaster) – "Race across the platforms as they fall from the sky! Be the first to cross the finish line to clear."
- Advice – "Some platforms have obstacles and conveyor belts, so watch where you jump and where you land."
Names in other languages
Aozora Purēto Rēsu
|Traversing Plates (Mario Party)|
Blue sky Plate Race (Mario Party 2)
|French||Plate-forme Péril!||Platform Peril!|
|Italian||Pericolo Piattaforma||Platform Peril|
|Spanish||Carrera de saltos||Jump race|
- The music played during this minigame in Mario Party is a cover of Giant Land's map music from Super Mario Bros. 3.
- This is one of the two minigames in Mario Party 2 to reuse old victory animations in the original Mario Party, the other being Archer-ival.
|Minigames from Mario Party|
|4-Player minigames||Balloon Burst • Bombs Away • Box Mountain Mayhem • Bumper Balls • Buried Treasure • Cast Aways • Coin Block Blitz • Crazy Cutter • Face Lift • Grab Bag • Hammer Drop • Hot Bob-omb • Hot Rope Jump • Key-pa-Way • Mario Bandstand • Mushroom Mix-Up • Musical Mushroom • Platform Peril • Running of the Bulb • Shy Guy Says • Skateboard Scamper • Slot Car Derby • Tipsy Tourney • Treasure Divers|
|1-vs-3 minigames||Bash 'n' Cash • Bowl Over • Coin Block Bash • Coin Shower Flower • Crane Game • Paddle Battle • Pipe Maze • Piranha's Pursuit • Tightrope Treachery • Tug o' War|
|2-vs-2 minigames||Bobsled Run • Bombsketball • Deep Sea Divers • Desert Dash • Handcar Havoc|
|1-Player minigames||Bumper Ball Maze • Ghost Guess • Ground Pound • Knock Block Tower • Limbo Dance • Memory Match • Pedal Power • Shell Game • Slot Machine • Teetering Towers • Whack-a-Plant|