Rock, Paper, Mario
|Rock, Paper, Mario|
|Appears in||Mario Party 2|
Rock, Paper, Mario (stylized as Rock, Paper, MARIO on the Mini-Game Stadium roulette) is a Duel minigame in Mario Party 2. It can be played in Bowser Land and in Mini-Game Land. This minigame is played very similarly to rock, paper, scissors, on which the minigame's name is a pun.
The players choose one of three characters—Mario, Peach, or Bowser—and then reveal their choices to their opposition. Both players have 30 seconds from the starting signal to make a choice. The timer does not appear until the final five seconds. If both players choose the same character, the Goomba declares the match a tie, forcing the game to restart. Whoever chooses the character who beats the other player's character is the winner.
- BOWSER beats PEACH. (BOWSER "kidnaps" PEACH, and the symbol is a purple heart.)
- PEACH beats MARIO. (PEACH "kisses" MARIO, and the symbol is a pink heart.)
- MARIO beats BOWSER. (MARIO "defeats" BOWSER, and the symbol is a Star.)
- – Mario
- – Peach
- – Bowser
- Goomba – "Mario beats Bowser. Peach beats Mario. Bowser beats Peach. Just like in rock, paper, scissors, the strongest one wins! The Button is Mario, the Button, Peach, and the Button, Bowser."
Names in other languages
|French||Pierre, Papier, Mario||Rock, Paper, Mario|
|German||Mario-Knobeln||Mario Dice Throw|
|Italian||Sasso, Carta, Mario||Rock, Paper, Mario|
|Spanish||Piedra, Papel, Mario||Rock, Paper, Mario|
- NintendoMovies (June 13, 2016). Mario Party 2 - All Duel Mini-Games. YouTube. Retrieved May 23, 2018.