Day at the Races
|Day at the Races
|Mario Party 2
|10 seconds per turn
|The Blue Skies Yonder
The minigame involves the players choosing one of the four characters, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. When this minigame is played during a party, turn order is determined by the current standing in reverse order.
- Whomp – Walks fast but falls over and takes a long time to get up.
- Thwomp – Rises above the floor and jumps forward but then drops down and takes a long time to get up.
- Boo – Disappears and then reappears much farther than before, but falls on its face on the ground sometimes.
- Bob-omb – Starts a spark running from its fuse and moves very fast but occasionally falls over.
Players can increase their chances of winning by looking at the characters' idle animations. Each one has three states: slow, medium, and fast. The fast versions of each racer have the highest chance to win, except for the Thwomp, whose chances are very low regardless of which animation it has.
Once the players choose their characters, the minigame announcer alerts the players to start the race. Once the race starts, each of the four characters races to the end, and the first character to cross the finish line wins the minigame for that player.
- – Select character
- – Confirm
- Game Rules – "The race is about to begin! Pick the character you think will reach the finish line first... And they're off!"
- Advice – "Just because a character is ahead doesn't mean it will win... Watch out for come-from-behind victories!"
Names in other languages
|Un Jour Aux Courses
|A day at the races
|Pun of the words "wetten" which means "(to) bet" and "Wettrennen" which means "race"
|At the Races
|Un Día en las Carreras
|A Day at the Races