|Appears in||Mario Party 2|
|Time limit||30 seconds|
|Music track||Couldn't Be Better|
The solo player swings their mallet vertically twice, then once horizontally. The camera zooms out to show the other three players, and the minigame begins.
In the minigame, one player wields a large mallet, while the other three players hold bright lightbulbs. The solo player's goal is to hit every other player with their mallet, while the other players must avoid getting hit. However, the lights in the minigame's room flicker on and off. When the room is dark, the only source of light is the three lightbulbs held by the three team players. As such, the solo player must try to navigate in the dark and knock the opponents out. The solo player can determine their location by the stars from the impact of a vertical swing. Players that are hit with vertical swings are squished, while players that are hit with horizontal swings get moved to the edge of the room, dizzy. The solo player wins if they hit all their opponents. The team players win if at least one of them avoids getting hit until time runs out.
In the Mini-Game Coaster, the human player wields the hammer on the Normal skill level, and they must hit all three opponents to win. On the Hard skill level, however, the human player is part of the team of three and must avoid the hammer-wielding CPU player until time runs out.
Solo (1 player)
- – Move
- – Vertical swing
- – Horizontal swing
Group (3 players)
- – Move
- Game Rules – "You're the one in the dark. But hit your bulb-carrying rivals with the hammer, and it's lights out for them!"
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Coaster)
- Normal Course: "You're in the dark, but knock the lights out of all three rivals' hands to clear this Mini-Game."
- Hard Course: "Run from your hammer-wielding opponent! Hang on to your light until time runs out to clear the game."
- Advice – "Press the Button to figure out where you are! Press the Button for a wider attack range!"
- Advice (Hard Course of Mini-Game Coaster) – "The person with the hammer is hidden somewhere in the darkness. Watch where you step!"
Names in other languages
|Italian||Al buio||In the dark|
|Spanish||Luces Fuera||Lights Outside|
- The hammer used by the solo player has the same appearance as the hammers used by the three team players in the Mario Party minigame Bash 'n' Cash.