Ok, PLEASE tell me this is a joke. Paper Jorge
- I edited it so it had real facts – I guess this can be updated once a month. Wa TC@ 01:15, 28 August 2007 (EDT)
A lot of wikis use info from the most recently created articles. Perhaps we should adopt this policy. Every week or so someone could browse through every new mainspace article created in the week, and pick out three or fours interesting facts. -- Son of Suns
- That sounds cool. XzelionTC
Bingo. Unfortunately transcluding content runs a risk of including templates on this page, which made a SUPER big mess when I tested it. A bit long to load, but more custom than Special:Newpages. Wa TC@ 01:29, 29 August 2007 (EDT)
Moved to MarioWiki:Main Page Maintenance
This is useful for picking out a couple new articles in the week, but I don't think we should have a list of new pages on the front page. It would simply clutter it. -- Son of Suns
- 1 A New Style
- 2 Maintenance
- 3 Fawfulized Yoshi?
- 4 Fake info
- 5 Dr. Mario
- 6 curious
- 7 Mario's age - any source ?
- 8 Dogadon
- 9 Is this correct?
- 10 SUGGESTION: A page of previous DidYouKnow entries
- 11 Idea!
- 12 New Trivia Idea
- 13 April Fools!
- 14 Did they did Black Jewel?
- 15 Not copying/possesing Bowser?
- 16 No did you knows this Saturday!
- 17 For
- 18 Why was the protection level changed?
- 19 Can anyone
- 20 Bowser Jr.'s Bandana
- 21 Overdue
- 22 Admin or not?
- 23 The Wario franchise is the first franchise created by Nintendo to feature a villain/antihero as the main protagonist.
A New Style
Instead of having only did you Knows from New Articles we should use the <option></option> feature and gather Random (and cool) facts from articles (maybe from Trivia Sections). If we do this we could have different DYKs almost everytime (like with Plumber did here. XzelionTC
- I am with you all the way.
I'm with ya bro!
Is actually anyone concerned with this template? I ask because it is so rarely updated. Could I just edit myself? --Grandy02 03:54, 20 June 2008 (EDT)
- No one is concerned with it at the moment, so please feel free to edit it! (We used to update it once a week (on Saturdays), and used facts from newly-created articles, but unless you want to update it regularly, I think it doesn't matter which articles you take the facts from.) Time Questions 14:33, 20 June 2008 (EDT)
Wait, who said it was a yoshi? No one ever confirmed that, and (yes, guidebook reference) that they were shot at one of the brothers by an offscreen monster, and I don't think they mean a Yoshi. Baby Mario Bloops
- Ok, if its not official I will change it for "monster" :) --™ The 'Shroom 17:49, 4 February 2010 (EST)
- Glamdozer's battle theme is a remix of Bugaboom, Topmaniac, and King Kaliente's themes.
- Princess Lipid has the same laugh as Golden Diva.
- King K. Rool reveals he has siblings in The Kongo Bonga Festival of Lights.
- Have you bothered checking the main page? >_> --FREAK ~Game Freak~ OUT!
New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the first Mario platformer game to feature multiplayer co-op at the same time since Mario Bros..
WTF? What about NSMB??? No? There's a lot of Mario games with that feature. (I remember like 3 already) SWFlash
- NSMB has Multiplayer Co-op? --™ The 'Shroom 18:19, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- It says Mario PLATFORMER, which are only DK, DKJ, MB, SMB, SMB2, SMBLL, SMB3, SMW, SMW2, SML, SML2, SM64, SMS, SM64DS, SMG, SMG2, NSMB, and NSMBW. Most of the sidescrollers have multiplayer rotational, Super Mario 64 DS is multiplayer vs, not co-operative, and SMG/SMG2 is not direct co-op, as normal co-op means that both players are equal, which one player lacks a character completely in the Galaxy games. ***Super!~Nickno 21:03, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
It should say "21 years", not "11 years". Flicky1991 05:10, 5 May 2012 (EDT)
Im just curious, do only administrators get to write the Did You Know? column?
- I believe that Lindsay151 is in charge of updating it but others can fix mistakes. Raven Effect (talk)
- Well then, can i do once? only once? ItsameMario 00:14, 7 July 2012 (EDT)
As i said, users can update the template, every Saturdays. So Yes.
Mario's age - any source ?
According to the current Did You Know, Mario is stated to be 26 in his trophy description in the Japanese version of SSBM. But do we have any source for that ? A Google search gives nothing, and even this wiki doesn't have this info stated anywhere else. Koopalmier 08:29, 3 June 2012 (EDT)
Angry Aztec, like Fungi Forest, doesn't feature lava. This should merit the trivia's deletion or, we should mention Angry Aztec as a level that doesn't feature lava. BNK [E|T|C] 04:23, 9 September 2012 (EDT)
Is this correct?
"In the Paper Mario series, the maximum amount of coins which can be carried at a time is 999." From my knowledge, the maximum amount of coins which can be carried at a time in Paper Mario: Sticker Star is 9999, so is this sentence correct? -World of Freak
- No, it isn't. Just a few days ago, I had 1028 coins. I don't know what the maximum is, but it's more than 999. Mario4Ever
SUGGESTION: A page of previous DidYouKnow entries
I know I can just go to the history and individually check these pieces of nice trivia, but why not have a page dedicated to listing down all the DidYouKnow entries from the past to the present? It would have all the entries in a convenient matter and it increases guests and users the chance to click on the article links for more info. Sort it down by user contribution, what date it was issued, etc. It would be nice to look back, and hopefully not rehash the same pieces of trivia and get away with it. I can do it if anyone else doesn't do it. --RAP... 01:20, 10 May 2013 (EDT)
- Why not make a proposal about it?
- Shokora (talk · edits) 22:02, 10 May 2013 (EDT)
- It has been a while since I came into this wiki; even more so with making a proposal. This type of decision would be unanimous because it's a small part of the wiki and doesn't impact anything heavily, just adds stuff. I feel that making proposals are suited for drastic changes (or proposals that are sent out to due to massive opposition; controversial proposals usually have the votes neck to neck, almost 50-50). For instance, I made a proposal long ago along with Knife regarding a reform of how proposals are archived. It passed...and just like the image-replace-a-thon list of 2010, the proposal archive reform became lost in time. Check out me and Knife's work: User:RAP/test4. I'm going to have to talk to Knife (talk) on continuing this...and I just commented on the discussion in MarioWiki_talk:Proposals#Proposal_Archives and made progress without me. Regardless, I may explore on making a proposal after I'm done dumping my work in the wiki if there's no way to bypass it. --RAP... 01:14, 11 May 2013 (EDT)
- What about a Forum discussion?
- 14:07, 25 July 2013 (EDT)
How about this fact: Mario can be heard singing/humming the series' theme song in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Super Mario 3D Land. --SuperMarioFan64 (talk) 21:30, 27 May 2013 (EDT)
- All the content already exists on the wiki itself (unlike polls): all an archive will do is create a redundant second copy of random Trivia points. One that'll then fall out of date as new information changes or invalidates many of the old points. It'd be an unnecessary waste of server space and editing time to create and manage (such as fixing broken links from moves pages, etc.). Just enjoy it for the ephemeral half-minute of entertainment that it is. - Walkazo 20:31, 28 December 2015 (EST)
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team also holds that honor so... I don't think it's really that notable. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
New Trivia Idea
So I figured this one out all on my own and thought it was interesting. I was wondering what to do with my poison mushrooms, and I though, 'Hey, what would happen if I put them in a Pauperization Block?' It turns out if you put three poison mushrooms in a paperization block, you get three shiny leaf stickers!!! Not only is that pretty interesting, it can actually help a LOT since I'm pretty sure you can get poison mushrooms for like three coins. If anyone wants to figure out the profit you get, that'd help too! DoubleDoubleJ (talk) 23:32, 2 January 2014 (EST)
Time for April Fools Day 2014!
For April Fools Day, we need to have fake news (presumably good news that will get excitement) with links to pages that would be created, fake or bad trivia, bad poll, and a fake featured article. Please post some ideas below that can be used tomorrow! M a r i o(talkϟedits) 18:38, 31 March 2014 (EDT)
Did they did Black Jewel?
SPOILERS:Did you put the Black Jewel already? 22.214.171.124 17:52, 2 April 2014 (EDT)
Princess Shroob and Fawful are currently the only two main antagonists in the Mario & Luigi games who do not possess, copy, or otherwise use Bowser.
About that, didn't Bowser eat that shroob mushroom that possesed him and turned him into an easy final-final boss?
And wasn't Fawful responsible for Dark Bowser, the final boss of Bowser's inside story? I suggest that the word "directly" is added. Sudowoodo(talk) 09:26, 14 September 2014 (EDT)
No did you knows this Saturday!
No did you know things had been added this Saturday. 126.96.36.199 12:16, 12 October 2014 (EDT)
Why was the protection level changed?
Why was the protection level of this page changed to admins only? It's not like it's plagued with vandals. Plus, even if admins are the only ones able to add facts, us autocomfirmed users still can still fix minor mistakes (such as typos) and help out. It seems inconvenient to add a new header under the discussion page every time we see a tiny spelling, grammatical, formatting, or factual mistake. Andymii (talk) 07:39, 4 April 2015 (EDT)
- My sentiments exactly. The first fact in this incarnation is written poorly:
- Mario Party 2 (pictured), is the only installment from the Nintendo 64 to be release on the Virtual Console.
- It should be:
- Mario Party 2 (pictured) is the only Mario Party installment for the Nintendo 64 to be released on the Virtual Console.
- If you don't know how to edit the page correctly, it might be best to practice this elsewhere, like your own userpage or sandbox. I reverted the edits you made back to the original one made by Toco Bell because they weren't well made and some were wrong. Also, you can't expect to just make edits so someone can fix them for you. You are expected to learn and correct the mistakes you make yourself. 13:12, 23 April 2016 (EDT)
Bowser Jr.'s Bandana
- Hi there. The information was recently confirmed by Nintendo Japan's official website. The text and translation by one of our users may be found here.
- Shokora (talk · edits) 17:55, 20 September 2016 (EDT)
- Yeesh, yeah. Anything you want to include? 17:10, 9 October 2017 (EDT)
Admin or not?
- Anyone is free to edit it, as long as they are autoconfirmed. More information can be found here. --TheFlameChomp (talk) 22:08, 4 November 2017 (EDT)
- Curse you, edit conflicts!! Okay, just had t get that off my chest. As I was saying...
- Any autoconfirmed user is allowed to edit this, but make sure you choose your fun facts carefully. Remember, If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then don't submit it here. If your facts are poorly formatted, false, or just not interesting, expect them to be changed. The template is updated every Saturday. I just did it, so you'll have to wait until next week to edit it.
- (--) 22:12, 4 November 2017 (EDT)