Talk:Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- I don't see why it should; "Paper Mario" is the name the game is currently officially known by on Nintendo's E3 website.--vellidragon 16:56, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, Also I moved the page in the way Zeldawiki did with The Legend of Zelda (Wii).
- 1 Whomp, Enemy or Obstacle?
- 2 Game playable on common DS lite?
- 3 Partner Betrayal???
- 4 European release date
- 5 Reference to other games.
- 6 OFFICIAL can't be wrong!
- 7 Stickers and more... !!
- 8 Volcano?
- 9 New video
- 10 Podoboo?
- 11 Wait...
- 12 Partners
- 13 Release Date
- 14 No first strikes?
- 15 10 partners announced?
- 16 Bob-ombs
- 17 Monty mole
- 18 The Final Game?
- 19 Green Toad Partner???
- 20 Resemblance?
- 21 Podoboo?
- 22 2012 release date D:
- 23 New, Interesting Footage
- 24 Partner Information
- 25 Peach confirmed!
- 26 Inactive External Link
- 27 Um
- 28 Are there any more partners we can add?
- 29 Release date + name?
- 30 Plot information?
- 31 Conflicting PEGI Ratings
- 32 Nintendo Magazine release date ?
- 33 Stickers?
- 34 Move Page
- 35 Box pic
- 36 Green Toad
- 37 Rosalina/Plot
- 38 Major Game Play Change
- 39 Special Points?
- 40 Release information is ambiguous
- 41 video doesn't work
- 42 Release date
- 43 Boxart
- 44 new page
- 45 gameplay video
- 46 group art found
- 47 object-sticker-object
- 48 Real??????
- 49 Kamek in the game?
- 50 Beta art
- 51 List of Stickers
- 52 No Partners
- 53 More Information
- 54 More
- 55 Mario Party Legacy
- 56 FIGHTING PARTNERS?!
- 57 New Info
- 58 New info from GameXplain footage
- 59 New Info from official website
- 60 Lakitu?
- 61 New Boss
- 62 Eshop glitch
- 63 How many hearts are in game
- 64 Petey
- 65 Proof
- 66 Postgame?
- 67 Possible Trivia?
- 68 King Monty Mole
- 69 ..
- 70 Re:King Monty Mole
- 71 Bosses
- 72 Potential Bestiary! w00t!
- 73 Possible Trivia
- 74 Wiggler
- 75 Control Freak
- 76 Differences between PAL and NTSC
- 77 Section enemies
- 78 Reference
- 79 Reception area?
- 80 Chinese boxart
- 81 South Korean release date and box art
- 82 Qoutes
- 83 Reception
Whomp, Enemy or Obstacle?
I highly doubt that Whomps in this game are enemies, but rather obstacles. I mean the kind of obstacles like the Thwomps, Spiny Tromps & Spiky Tromps from Super Paper Mario. Whomp is never actually confirmed as an enemy and besides, if Whomps were enemies, then they are the biggest non-boss enemies in the paper mario series. I'll remove whomp from the enemy list until it's been officially confirmed. User:MarioMaster720
How do you know that the Whomp kills you? it might as well only take 1 damage point like the said thwomp group from my first comment. I'll at least add that the whomp isn't 100% confirmed as an enemy. If they are enemies, then they at least aren't enemies you fight in a direct battle because, they're HUUUUUGE! User:MarioMaster720
- Enemies are enemies. Whomps classify as enemies so leave it away. --™ The 'Shroom 16:26, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
- Besides the thwomps from spm are still enemies due to having a catch card. And papermariottyd had some HUGE enemies.
I dunno... For right now we dunno anything about it, but if you don't engage it in battle, then it only has as much right to be called an enemy as the Munchlesia from Paper Mario (the plant that takes away 1 HP from Mario and uses a single coin as bait). For the record, it's in the Enemies category, but not listed as one of the enemies in the Lavalava Island article. I don't see why it's not put in "Other" with Wiggler, though, because as far as anyone knows that might be engaged in a battle and be an enemy.--Topmonhit 18:23, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
That Wiggler, an enemy? No enemy could look that happy. I'm sure though, whatever that Wiggler does, it'll turn red and be angry, so perhaps it only has to be fought when it's angry. And it's so big, if it was an enemy, it would have to be at least a mini-boss. If you ask me, it looks like that Wiggler is about to use it's body as a bridge to cross the poisonous water, like the Giant Wigglers from NSMBWii. In fact, the PM Wiggler looks like a Giant Wiggler. I'm almost certain it's a bridge. 35pxSupershroom + 20 HP! Yeah! I'll take a good look at those pictures again to be sure - looks like the Red Koopa Troopas have ditched the shades and wristbands!
- Fawful is that happy. ...but yeah my point was more about the Thwomp, I don't actually think the Wiggler will be fought but it always could be. The Thwomp could be--but it could not be, which is why I figure putting it in "other" would just make an "unsure for now" type'a deal.--Topmonhit 12:15, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
The Wiggler (and another like it) are bridges (Told you). Look at the Youtube gameplay video - there's a link to it at the bottom of the article. Sorry about all the green text after my sig, I'll fix the codes. From 35pxSupershroom + 20 HP! Yeah!!
Game playable on common DS lite?
not sure if it's okay to post this question on the talk page of this game, but since I don't really know where else to go (and since this might also be of interest for other users/players) I thought I'd post it here :)
Can Paper Mario DS also be played with the older editions of the DS, like DS light or DSi? Or will I have to spend money on a 3DS if I want to play it? Thank you in advance for your time. Kennymon
- It is for the 3DS, and since the 3DS is a successor, it probably won't play on the older DS systems. Also, next time you want to ask a question like this one, ask it on the forums. Fawfulfury65
- OK, think about it. Paper Mario 3DS. Does that tell you anything? Sorry if I sound a little rude, but it's true. Supermariofan14
- I wish Nintendo would change the name. This is the sixth guy I've heard who thinks you can play 3DS games on a DS.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bjdill (talk).
- Nope. Super Mario 64 DS is for DS, you said it. And post that on the SM64DS article. --TheVirus~ 12:27, 5 September 2011 (EDT)
- That wasn't a quesstion. SWFlash
Well, Nintendo has developed myriads of NDS editions so far, and up until now all DS games could be played on them interchangeably. Therefore I wasn't sure and just wanted to know. No need for harsh words IMHO. Kennymon
The 3ds is not a myraid though. The other dses were just part of the original ds's "evolution" like the gameboy advance sp to the gameboy advance. The 3ds is a successor to the other Dses, not a Nds edition. That's pretty obvious. But this discusion shouldve been in the forums.
3DS games cannot be played on previous DSes, but DS games can be played on the 3DS. A Link to the Present 17:34, 22 January 2011 (EST)
3DS games cannot be played on the DS Lite but since they have a little grove to them but I want to know if you play a DS game on the 3DS will it be 3D. Jjrapper100
- No. The 3D is only present in games designed to have it, whether they are actual cartridges or 3D Classics. Anything else is in 2D. Mario4Ever
- Well, the "King mole" seems to be attacking Mario at the time, so the mole probably hit Mario shortly before that screen shot was taken. Emperor Yoshi (talk)
European release date
I don't think we should accept this as proof of a release date, as there is really NO proof. Only proof of a possible rumored leaked estimated guess.
The following is the first paragraph from the article on that site: Looking through the 3DS game pages, various people have noticed a date for an upcoming 3DS game on the Nintendo Europe website. It revealed what could be a leaked release date for the new Paper Mario on the 3DS. The release date, which may have been mistakenly put up said 'March 25th 2011'. It was then taken down and has since disappeared.
Note how it says "what COULD be a leaked release date", as well as "which MAY have been MISTAKENLY put up", and finally the it was then TAKEN DOWN and has since DISSAPPEARED", not to mention that article's title is "Paper Mario 3DS Release Date Leaked?" and not just "Paper Mario 3DS Release Date Leaked" (i.e. it's a question). Only include dates that are CONFIRMED. Not "leaked", "rumoured", but actually OFFICIALLY confirmed.--TheUltimateKoopa 17:32, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, you're right. I was wondering why it was up anyways, since it looked untrustworthy, (really Europe BEFORE Japan and America? I know thats racist/baised but thats how its usually is) but there was a citation there so...
The Europe before Japan thing wasn't the thing that gave me doubt, it was the actual cited "source". As mentioned above, where I capitalised the particular words that gave me the biggest doubts. If a release date is said to be "leaked", do NOT accept it. If it's said to be "confirmed", accept it.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by TheUltimateKoopa (talk).
Reference to other games.
- That is not exactly a reference. Also, please make your sig fit here ™ The 'Shroom 21:01, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
OFFICIAL can't be wrong!
It has been announced in the OFFICIAL nitendo magazine in europe that stickers will play a huge part in gameplay. The frog suit power up thing, is actually a sticker and so is that wooden bridge. I'm not sure how you get stickers in the game but I know that they can be used in battle or to overcome obstacles. I think some stickers can only be used in battle like the frog suit and some only for obstacles like the bridge but maybe they can be used for both (the frog suit could be used to attack enemies and to jump over obstacles too). Maybe they can be collected and then used as an item or maybe a sticker is an attack like the blocks (vacum block, jump block...) in bowser's inside story. It could also be a collectable to replace the catch cards in super paper mario wii. If you don't believe me just buy the magazine or wait until it comes out. I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!!! I tried to edit the page on this wiki but it won't let you. From Paperchaos
It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that you need to link to a credible website or get a scan out of the Nintendo Magazine to be able to put it in the article.--Knife (talk) 22:35, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
I don't know how to scan it, but can't you see that in one of the pictures the hammer command is being peeled off/stuck on and the bridge has a white outline like the stickers in smash bros brawl. In adittion go on google and put "paper mario 3ds stickers" and you will see that there are a massive amount of websites that say that stickers will be the main gimmick in the game. Also go on youtube and put: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPCsFAmIxCM and somewhere in the video you will see that the frog suit sticker is clearly being peeled off and stuck onto mario. From Paperchaos :What he says seems to be true. --™ The 'Shroom 20:16, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for the support but the magazine i'snt called nintendo power europe, it's called Official nintendo magazine (or ONM for short). From Paperchaos
Stickers and more... !!
hey guys if u see Mario fightning Koopa Troopas and Goombas in the plains u see his HP AND FP and down the HP is said S maybe that the sticker powers like the frog suit and the bridge but that what i think !! oh and the Helmet that appears with the icon jump maybe that Helmet is a sticker too that prevent Goombas jumping on Mario ( u know like Mario jumping on a spiky Goomba but revearsal Goombas jumping on Mario )!! :O and the castle that the Whomp appears maybe that Chapter 1 cause all the Chapters 1 are in Castles atleast in PM64 and TTYD !! but the real question is if that Whomp is a enemy u can fight what he doing in Chapter 1 he might be strong and u a rookie !! oh and the other photo of the castle tha Mario fightning Goombas that another reason is Chapter 1 cause Goombas are first enemies like Koopa Troopas u know !! well this is all i thinl !! --27blink27 18:04, 29 December 2010 (EST)
- We can't add anything until it has been confirmed by Nintendo. --™ The 'Shroom 21:42, 29 December 2010 (EST)
- Red forest without trees and with lava, then. Or it's just a volcano. Koopalmier 10:46, 9 January 2011 (EST)
- I looked at the video below, and I see it's indeed volcano. SWFlash
- It seems official, so I think. SWFlash
- On youtube someone said:
0:41 "Got a Spike Hat!"
- But in article it says:
"Radiation Spike Top shell"
- First one made much more sence that the one in article. Can someone confirm that? SWFlash
- I put that there as a rough translation. Thinking about it, you can see a greenish glow around it, and the enemy name Spike Top is at least partially in there. Maybe we can see if 2257 can do a better translation. MrConcreteDonkey 16:49, 10 January 2011 (EST)
- Is the Spike Top Item's name confirmed? It looks more like the helmets worn by Spiky Goombas--Holyromanemperortatan 20:58, 10 January 2011 (EST)
- No, it was podoboo. In the video it was showed jumping from a boiling lava, but lava bubbles are always floating on the ground. SWFlash
- They are the same thing.--Thejfh1999 21:29, 2 December 2011 (EST)
- No, they actually are quite different.
- They are the same thing.--Thejfh1999 21:29, 2 December 2011 (EST)
- Probably at the next E3. DK Fan
I was watching a video on the Nintendo Channel, and I thought that I saw a Bob-omb following Mario around. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and if we could add it as a partner. --Volcarona 17:49, 18 March 2011 (EDT)
- If you've played the first game, you should know that if the enemy shows "!" mark above its head, it's gonna attack you. Those were enemies. SWFlash
So, a big question mark is the release date. Nintendo has stated that they will release this game, among others, a month after E3. The local GameStop says it'll be released on August 2nd, but I'm still not sure about the exact release date. --Hasfarr 20:35, 27 March 2011 (CST)
No first strikes?
anyone else notice in the video when he jumped on the goomba in the field,he didnt get a first strike when he should have? yoshiyoshiyoshi
- There is…SWFlash
10 partners announced?
I have no evidence but i heard that it was announced to have 10 partners. does anyone have any evidence on this? yoshiyoshiyoshi
- Where did you hear it? It's not here. Mario4Ever
- He saw it in comment by proskiproseph in E3 2011 video. He didn't give ANY source, so I think it's speculate info. Here's what he said:
ATTENTION! Paper mario 3ds has been announced to have over 10 unique partners! FINALLY! So thumbs up so everyone can know since people think there wont be partners!
- He saw it in comment by proskiproseph in E3 2011 video. He didn't give ANY source, so I think it's speculate info. Here's what he said:
In the picture with the Para Bombs, I think it's safe to say that Bob ombs will be in the game, seeing as there are some wandering as well.
Since there is a king Monty mole would there be Monty moles?
It´s not confirmed. Doopliss appeared in TTYD, but the Duplighosts didnt. User:MarioMaster720
Well Doopliss wasn't a king and kings usually have minions so there has to be Monty Moles and I know there will be. We will just wait I guess.
The Final Game? 
It says here that Paper Mario 3D is that last game in the series. The Mario series, or Paper Mario series is unknown.
It is probably fake because it even says Super Mario Galaxy 3 DS. We haven't heard about that at all so it is fake but it could be possible that it is the final Paper Mario game. We will have to wait.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by YoshiGo99 (talk).
Green Toad Partner???
Is the Green toad really confirmed to be a Partner? It never appeared in battle and It´s a completely normal-looking toad. The Chain Chomp was normal as well, but it was shown in battle and it had shown its overworld ability. It could be a NPC that follows you for a short while, like Flavio and Goompa. It´s not confirmed as a partner yet, so it should be removed from the Partners section and put somewhere else unless someone can prove that It´s a partner. User:MarioMaster720
- We don't go speculations. See the MarioWiki:Chronology. SWFlash
God it is a mystery/mystery box! If that is not fosho a mystery box, then you cant say the blue turtle thing is a buzzy beetle. yoshiyoshiyoshi (talk) Yeah,but thats just speculation. Kelton2 Supermariofan I GOTTA PEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 07:38, 1 February 2012 (EST)
2012 release date D:
- It actually makes sense if Super Mario 3D Land is still slated for November. Nintendo doesn't want one game to be overshadowed by another. Mario4Ever
When i called my gamestop they said august 2 but we'll know for sure at e3 2012 (cheeto)
New, Interesting Footage
On the 3DS Press Conference, new footage about this, Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Super Mario 3d Land. All of these articles need urgent editing. Here is the link to the Paper Mario 3DS Footage: []. User:MarioMaster720
Gathering up all of the information from the various trailers, I can say I'm curios how partners are used in the game. Mario is the only one in the battles we've seen so far and the boxes with the numbers 1, 2 and 3 seem to be his order of attacks, as if partners do not play a role in battle. --Mechawave 04:58, 14 September 2011 (EDT)
- The page says that the crown from the trailer is a partner, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the collectable plot elements in this game, like the Star Spirits, or the Crystal Stars. I think this because, in the first trailer when the book is opening, you can see a page with 7 crowns silhouetted. That was most likely the first one you rescue that the part we saw was going to lead into a tutorial about how to use him. So that would leave the Chomp and the Toad. Chaoxys
At the beginning of the Nintendo 3DS Conference video Peach is there with the crown partner on her head. When Mario is unfolding there is a picture of Princess Peach (it can be seen more clearly in the Nintendo Channel version). When I paused the video right when Mario jumps/unfolds, I saw that Peach was wearing the Crown partner (or atleast a similar crown) on her head. This confirms that Peach will at least make a cameo appearance. Before I add it, I want to hear some more opinions. Should this be added or what? I think that it DEFINETLY deserves a Trivia mention if it won't get directly added (unless someone has a good reason that it shouldn't). and yes, that IS Peach! Now I want to hear some opinions and sorry for the long comment ;) User:MarioMaster720
- If you find some video link or source to reference with, she should probably be added to the confirmed characters section, as that at least would be confirmed. As for the context of her appearance, I'd say that adding something like that to the article would be speculation at this point, even though it certainly stirs the imagination. Bop1996 (Talk)
The proof/video is in the article itself. The Trailer can be viewed. (It's "Nintendo 3DS Conference Trailer"). So.... Should she be added? User:MarioMaster720
Anyone? I need another response before I edit it! User:MarioMaster720
Yes that's the clip I mean, but in the Nintendo Channel version of the trailer you can see her whole face which makes it 100% that it's Peach. So....I'm going to add her? User:MarioMaster720
Should I add Peach or not? I need an answer! User:MarioMaster720
- I would say she could go in the protagonists section, as long as the photo with proof is referenced properly. Bop1996 (Talk)
So....Can anyone put her in? I'M not Quite good at the reference thingies. The best would be a picture from the Nintendo channel trailer since it shows more and confirms 100% that it's Peach. User:MarioMaster720
Again, Can anyone add her!!!! User:MarioMaster720
CAN ANYONE ADD HER PRETTY PLEASE!!!!! ;) User:MarioMaster720
Thanks ;) User:MarioMaster720
I heard from a video that peach is not kidnapped so i am wondering if someone should put that on paper mario sticker star proof is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jggHvOXWQ&feature=related User:Kulkinz
- I still say that we should wait until the complete story details surface in terms of Peach's involvement in this game event wise before we insert any information of that in the article itself. I'm curious to know about this as well, but don't want to jump to any conclusions here. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 21:49, 14 August 2012 (EDT)
Well It Would Be Nice And Also I Think Peach Will Help Later Like In Paper Mario User:Kulkinz
- Has anyone seen the story on the official website? She is presenting the Sticker Comet there! User:InvincibleZtar
Inactive External Link
Perhaps this doesn't matter too much, but the third External Link is no longer active on YouTube. I can't delete the link myself because this page is protected. James<3 02:08, 20 October 2011 (EDT)
The page is protected from editing because it's about a yet-to-be-released game. James<3 02:31, 20 October 2011 (EDT)
Are there any more partners we can add?
Has anyone found out any other partners so we can add it to the page? SuperPaperFan 20:30, 7 December 2011 (EST)
We have yet to receive any more information about this game so far. What we know so far in terms of partners is that a Chain Chomp is seemingly a partner alongside a Green Toad (both of which were in the screenshots and gameplay). The silver crown like being may also be a partner as well. After that, we have no other information about the other partners. For all we know, these partners can also still be in development as well (since we saw very little details on them as well). Propeller Toad (talk) 1:44, 8 December 2011 (EST)
Release date + name?
On the website of a toy store in the Netherlands, it says they start off with saling on December 31th. Well, I ordered one. Then I can get it on Decemeber 31th. Does everyone agree in putting the release date on the page? On the same website, it's called Paper Maio 3D. ~ Qyzxf (talk)
It's either a scam or they meant december 31th 2012. There is too little info on the game so far. I HIGHLY Doubt that Nintendo's going ot release it that fast. They won't. If they would they would already confirm the release date and they would put up more trailers. Believe me, it won't get released this year. If it will I'm going to eat my hat and jump for joy. Sorry, but it isn't true. and besides "Toy" stores are usually wrong about games. Have you tried going to a game store or electronics store? :) This comment will probably disappoint you, but it's true. User:MarioMaster720
Do you have a link to the site? I would like to see who puts up those lies there! User:MarioMaster720
- After a long search, I've found it again: link one. Go down. There are three columns, one with "TOP 5 - VERWACHT" above. Number one mentions Papaer Mario 3D, with the release date December 31th 2011. link two. This is the page, though not having an official image. ~ Qyzxf (talk)
- I'll translate link two:
hahahaha that's the most fake thing I've ever seen! that website is retarded. The game will NOT come out at December 31th 2011 so face it! It will NOT come out! IT WILL NOT! I'm 100000000000% sure! If it does come out and you prove that you have the game and it works, then you have the full right to ban me if you want. That cover is fanmade. I know Nintendo, and they would NEVER make a cover like that. It's 100% fake. Believe all you want but it's the truth. I went to over 5 different video game stores here in Norway and they ALL said that the game would be released in 2012, but they do not know when. When I told them about the site's claims they ALSO said that it was fake and that it must be a scam. Sorry but I believe in them, NINTENDO themselves and common sense. Sorry if the comment seems like an insult, but I just want you to know so you won't be disappointed after either you get a fake empty box or the site itself changes the date :) PLEASE BELIEVE ME! User:MarioMaster720
- Iwouldn't ban you.
- I said in my last comment thet the image was fake, wich was also stated on the website itself.
- I ordered one, so they MUST deliver it. Otherwise, they are an bad quality toy store.
- ) They won't deliver it. If they do and the game actually works, then make a video or prove it. You probably CAN Pre-Order it, but it will come after December 31th for sure. Maybe it'll come in....March or July? User:MarioMaster720
- Ugh... I can't stand it... now changed to 30 April 2012. Can we add that to the list, anyone? ~ Qyzxf (talk)
That would make sense, but that website isn't accurate. We NEVER post release dates for games unless Nintendo themseles confirm the release date. We have to keep 2012 for now. Don't change it because that's breaking the rules of the wiki. And I just have to say this, I don't mean it bad but about the site's previous "official" release date... I TOLD YOU IT WAS FAKE DIDN'T I!!!! :) User:MarioMaster720
So, I was analizing the Nintendo 3DS Conference trailer with my 3DS and I discovered some possible plot details about the game. On the beggining of the video, as cited above, Peach wears a shiny, white crown with eyes. After Mario stands up, we can see (if we pause correctly) a poster of a mountain shining on the top at night with the words "Seal Festa" at the bottom. Above this, we also see a big poster also with the words "Seal Festa" on it and a meteor drawing. This Seal Festa thing could be a party or a celebration of some event, like the Star Festival from SMG. If we wait just a little longer, we see yellow lines with "KOOPA" and a Bowser sign stamped on them. This means Bowser crashed the party again, possibly taking the princess with him. Later in the video, we see that the crown Peach was wearing is actually a being, maybe a new kind of species, who is Mario's partner. Any comments about this? --Mario Fan 123 - Mario's craazy fan! 22px 10:59, 11 December 2011 (EST)
Conflicting PEGI Ratings
Hang on. How can Paper Mario 3DS be rated 3+ on the PEGI rating system when the same rating system rates its platform 7+? I'm just curious, because they almost seem to conflict each other... --Dus T. 12:44, 17 January 2012 (EST)
- Having a rating for a console is very unusual, but was done for the 3DS applications that came with the 3DS. The ratings of the system and its games are independent of each other in this case. Bop1996 (Talk)
Nintendo Magazine release date ?
According to the Wikipedia page, issue 77 of the Official Nintendo Magazine says the game will release in Europe in Summer 2012. However, I'm doubtful about the validity of this. Can anyone confirm it ? Koopalmier 04:13, 6 February 2012 (EST)
Someone who told me they had the magazine said it was true! I still need some proof though. Anyone who has that issue, you can help Mariowiki by sending in a picture of the release date. yoshiyoshiyoshi (talk)
- The problem is that a lot of games are given release dates that prove untrue Raven Effect (talk)
Should we put a sections for stickers? All the ones in that picture can be confirmed, and there might be more. pipe projects away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14:15, 17 March 2012 (EDT)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bjdill (talk).
I found a Paper Mario box picture. Check ---> http://www.oneplay.com/search/platforms/3ds/details/9606 Should i upload it? Armin00
Fan Box art so no.
- The drill is that we usually wait until Nintendo themselves releases the related box art for Paper Mario (3DS) before attempting the upload. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 13:35, 4 May 2012 (EDT)
- @MarioMan: Fan art because that was made right as soon as the game was announced, Luigi isn't confirmed and it doesn't use the Logo .
At Gamestop there was a box that had a cover for the game and on the it said that Bowser was going to capture Rosalina this time. It also had Wario, Rosalina, and Luigi on the front. Greentoad
- It's filler that's being used by GameStop until more factual information comes out. The same goes for the images, 100% fan-made. GreenDisaster 21:27, 4 June 2012 (EDT)
Major Game Play Change
After seeing the E3 video, it appears that there are no partners and the game play has been complete and totally changed. Using the new "sticker system". The new sticker system allows you to collect stickers and use them as attacks, rather than icons. Also leveling up has completely changed as well. Mario time 64 09:44, 14 June 2012 (EDT)
- But we have three partners already so that's in fact impossible. But if you're saying these are just characters that follow Mario for a while in the game... ~ Qyzxf (talk)
Well, the Chain Chomp was only seen on a beta that looked more like the first 2 Paper Mario games and the green Toad could be one of the people you need to help in order to level up. Also, since fighting enemies doesn't give you any experience points, some people have been saying that the fighting system is now redundant, since you use stickers to fight in order to get coins to buy more stickers. I personally think that it's kinda true, but i'll still fight every enemy I see. --DarkMario2 05:45, 17 June 2012 (EDT)
The page says that the game uses Special Points, "just like Super Paper Mario". However, the page linked there is an article about the Special Points from the Mario & Luigi Series, and I don't recall seeing any Special Points in Super Paper Mario. Can someone explain to me what does that mean? Thanks. --DarkMario2 05:41, 17 June 2012 (EDT)
Release information is ambiguous
This may apply to other pages on this wiki too - in which case it should be fixed anywhere it is found. But the thing is, "Holiday 2012" is highly ambiguous. It could mean the summer holidays or the Christmas holidays. Now, I know what it means, as I'm sure most of you do, since we're in summer now so it couldn't mean the summer holidays. But that's not the point. It's ambiguous, and it should be reworded so that the meaning is clear. Avengah 11:41, 8 July 2012 (EDT)
Or "holidays" could even mean, in some cases (depending on the time of the year), Easter holidays. This ambiguity needs to be avoided, really, especially for people for whom English isn't their first language. Avengah 12:10, 8 July 2012 (EDT)
- "Holiday" is always used to mean the winter holidays, as far as I know. Also, "Holiday 2012" was the release date that was given, so we use that. Master R.O.B. (contribs · edits) 12:24, 8 July 2012 (EDT)
- Ah, I've just watched the Youtube video linked from the release date, and the guy does say "this holiday season". The word "this" helps his context, though. As for holiday always meaning winter holidays, that's simply not true. I've heard it used to mean summer holidays loads of times. It all depends on where you are; even a few miles down the road, people have different ways of describing things. It's a regional thing I think, which is the issue here. A global website needs to realise that although the meaning might be clear to someone from Place A, someone else from Place B might think it means something completely different; this is why we should avoid any ambiguity, no matter how small. Avengah 13:02, 8 July 2012 (EDT)
You Are Right User:Kulkinz
video doesn't work
whenever i click on the video link to the first trailer, it never works! Template:Supermario64joe
- That's just your computer's issues. this talk page is for how to improve the article, not your computer problems.
Yeah, I'm skeptical, too! LuigiBlubber
- It's the real deal; check this article on GoNintendo and the source where they got it from. Hope that helps. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 15:35, 3 September 2012 (EDT)
(Unless) some large amount of facts from web sources are found, it's too early create these articles yet, as there's not much infomation.
I found a video on youtube called 'Paper Mario Sticker Star Trailer and gameplay'. The video had someone play the game. The person playing was talking about the gameplay fetures. I learn't some stuff from that video like 'A garden is wrecked and you have to use stickers to fix it. The reward is more stickers'. Try wacthing it. ;) World 6 01:40, 23 September 2012 (EDT)
How. We have no link to it.09:47, 23 September 2012 (EDT)
[] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jggHvOXWQ&feature=colike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWWLtYVcow0&feature=colike Here is the video link. Watch it. It's amazing! There are 3 videos.
group art found
- Done. Thanks!
There is a place in decalburg where Mario can turn objects into stickers sp that they can be transported easily. The paperize abillity will let Mario turn the sticker into the object it was. World 6 20:11, 27 September 2012 (EDT)
We knew that already. It is even in the article.
Kamek in the game?
The article says Kamek is in the game but i just saw the trailer and it doesn't mention anything about that Magikoopa being Kamek, this should be removed from the article. Shadd21 (talk) 17:11, 4 October 2012 (EDT)
- I say we change it to Magikoopa and list it as an enemy since we have no proof that it is Kamek. Tails777 Talk to me!
- There is also a piece of artwork that lists him as Kamek. MarioComix (talk) 22:52, 4 October 2012 (EDT)
It seems that the first image is something like beta art, the style is like the previous Paper Mario games while the style of this game is entirely different, like the bottom image.
List of Stickers
Shouldn't we, instead of making one article for each Sticker, make an article containing the related Stickers like hammer stickers and jump stickers? There's too little to say about each one. 35px MegaKoopa Talk 19:10, 16 October 2012 (EDT)
- Most likely, yes. I haven't really been keeping up with this game (the Mario RPGs don't really interest me much), but the stickers are this game's version of the badges from the other games in the series, correct? We have all those on a single page. The Sticker Star stickers should probably be on a different page from the current page about Brawl's stickers, though, if for nothing else than page length. 1337star (talk) 19:38, 16 October 2012 (EDT)
The game's less than a month from release and there is still no evidence of partners returning. With that said, I think we should just say that they aren't. And before someone says "We don't go by speculation" keep in mind saying "Well, they MIGHT be returning" is speculation. Partners were only shown in very early stages of development, and they haven't been shown since. Plus, saying they might be returning (remember, speculation, the thing we avoid?) just makes the wiki look atrocious. I'm gonna go ahead and delete anything about partners returning. Mario3D64 (talk) 22:55, 18 October 2012 (EDT)
- The problem is that we do in fact have direct confrimation that there are partners (even though it's only from screenshots taken early in the development) and we don't have actual proof that they wont be returning so technically it would be speculation to say they aren't reappearing. Marshal Dan Troop (talk)
i will contact nintendo about partners and try to get a picture so we still not sure so i do not think you should delete partners User:Kulkinz
found more data about the game from nintendo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh-_1LYJXvQ&feature=relmfu and now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Yw8nMfJkA&feature=relmfu User:Kulkinz
I found some stuff, so any User who is able to edit the page can put this in?
Quiz Shows aparently are returning, those Shy Guys are hosting it, atleast what I've seen.
- A level with a skilift with Fuzzies and an Ice Bro.
- A level with lots of Boos surrounding a cake.
I also think the jungle and Volcano area are one world, the other is a Mountain world, the one with the White Gate is in the Mountain world, not the Desert world.
Where I found: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ag5j/about/index.html
The website has some sections covered with Bowser Stickers :P
Also, I found some info at http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/ with footage of Hammer Bros. and Spikes, and I also Spear Guys and Piranha Plants somewhere else on the site. MarioComix (talk) 20:44, 25 October 2012 (EDT)
Mario Party Legacy
There is a lot of Paper Mario news going around and I have been trying to cover whatever I can find. You can find updates here: http://mariopartylegacy.com/
Here is a list of all the Paper Mario news from the last day:
http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/10/new-paper-mario-sticker-star-video/ http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/10/japanese-official-site-for-paper-mario-opens/ http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/10/latest-trailers-for-3ds-mario-titles/ http://mariopartylegacy.com/2012/10/screens-and-new-gameplay-for-paper-mario-sticker-star/
And a video featuring every video released today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCCz6__sxq4
Feel free to cite or source anything here.
It says in the article, right under the partner section that a fighting partner is one that you summon via a sticker. In the example given, you use the koopa shell sticker and it summons a koopa that you jump on and kick at the enemies. ~ Chaoxys
Did anyone add the latest new info in the new Nintendo Direct? If you didn't see it, see it! It has a lot of info on Paper Mario Sticker Star. Add it if you saw it! InvincibleZtar 09:20, 28 October 2012 (EDT)
New info from GameXplain footage
3-3, the Wiggle house level or whatever it's called will has Kamek taking Wiggler apart, most likely making the goal of that level finding his parts.
If you look closely, you can see that the tentacle that grabs Wiggle is shiny and has the same designs as Bloopers that show up in the same video, so it's more than likely that the boss of the world will be a giant shiny blooper (based on the tentacle, he will most likely be like Glooper Blooper in appearance). It's worth noting that this would explain the puddles on mysterious black liquid that was in the forest footage in various trailers.
Also, it looks like 3-3 will have 3 different goals, although you'll need 2 different stickers to get to the other ones (all 3 are on 3 seperate tree stumps, but two of the tree stumps are halfway missing (like the bridge that Bowser Jr. stole). ~Chaoxys
New Info from official website
Is there a source for Lakitu being in the game? I have not heard anything about this, yet he is on the character list.
Boss of world 3-7 is Mega Scuttlebug, it drops when entering the door and fights Mario.
Also there is World 3-11: Holey Thicket
How many hearts are in game
I can confirm that there are 16 hearts in the game. According to some flag thats at the crashed Sticker Festival, it says I've collected 50%, so there are 16 hearts, and I have collected 8 so far. The total health you can go up to is 100.
For anyone who has completed the game, is this game playable past the credits like the past two Paper Mario games, or is it like the first game in that once THE END appears, that's it? PacmanRandomNo (talk)
- Funny, I just finished it. And no, it's like the first Paper Mario. There is no real postgame which means you can fight Bowser as many times as you want. Tails777 Talk to me!
Not sure if it counts as Trivia, but I believe this is the first Paper Mario where Mario can't turn into 8bit Mario, unless I missed it. ~Chaoxys
- No you can't, but I'm thinking instead of a trivia for this stuff, we make a section of differences from the other Paper Mario games similar to what we did here Tails777 Talk to me!
King Monty Mole
For anyone who has played/completed the game,is the King Monty mole a boss/miniboss? If so,why is he not in the boss or miniboss section? One more thing,can we organized the bosses to where like, for World 1: Bowser Jr., Kamek, Big Buzzy Beetle,Megasparkle goomba. World 2: Kamek, etc. etc. etc.
\Hello? Is anyone online? Oh can someone answer my question up there?
Re:King Monty Mole
Is anyone here? Can someone answer my question? (Sorry if i sound a bit demanding :)
- No he doesn't appear. He was sadly removed from the game. And remember to sign your comments with "~~~~" at the end. -Four Paper Heroes 14:39, 17 November 2012 (EST)
Can We order the bosses kind of how we did Super Paper Mario's? Like how even though bowser was already listed in world 3, he was also listed in world 7. Like Bowser Jr. for example. He's fought more than once,so shouldn't we list him more than once?
Potential Bestiary! w00t!
You know that house to the right of the shop in Decalburg that is locked when you first get there? After you unlock Paperize Mode from Kersti about halfway through World 1-1, go back to Decalburg. Stand in front of the fountain and press Y to activate Paperize Mode. Hover over the fountain and press A repeatedly to remove it. You'll see the poor Green Toad that got covered up when the Toads deburritoed the town. Talk to him and he'll unlock the house. once inside his house, go down the staircase to see a large museum. After a cutscene, walk into any lit entryway to find a gallery with empty canvases. Walk in front of a canvas with a watermark of one of the stickers you have. Go into Paperize Mode and stick the sticker on there. Once the painting is restored to full color, read the plaque. It looks almost like a bestiary! The game calls this bestiary "Sticky Wiki." My idea is to make a whole new page about this Sticky Wiki. Go to my talk page to ask any questions. And no, i didn't put the page up yet; I'm hopinng one of the higher-authority user reads this and carries it out by him or herself. Thanks!
It's Meester Tweester!
Is my signature too big? Can you tell me how to change the size of it?
- Do you mean the Sticker Museum? The "Sticky Wiki" is just a label that appears at the top of the description of each donated sticker; at the most it should just be mentioned in the museum article (which doesn't exist yet). Lapu (talk) 04:40, 18 November 2012 (EST)
- Okay, thanks. I just realized it was Sticker (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)
It's Meester Tweester! 01:43, 23 November 2012 (EST)
Can any user who is able to edit the Sticker Star page put this? Apparently I finished Sticker Star and beat Bowser but, I went back and the level was complete even though the game saved after I beat Bowser, theres even a Toad who you can talk to that rolls the credits/parade again. also, my stickers came back, its like I never fought Bowser.
But I think itis still worth noting. It's Meester Tweester!
I think this trivia should be added to the page. The boat you use to travel to World 4,World 5, and World 6 is the same boat that Mario uses to travel to Rogueport at the beginning of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
Sorry, you can't battle an angry one, even though they do get angry sometimes. It's Meester Tweester! 00:36, 8 December 2012 (EST)
Can we get working on the controls sometime? I'm not very good at doing them, but somebody still needs to do it. It's Meester Tweester! Oh yeah, we need status effects, too. I can handle that so come and join me if you want to. It's Meester Tweester!
Differences between PAL and NTSC
- How I see it is that if it is noteworthy, a new section called "Differences Between Versions" would be added in this case. However, you would still have to include where in the game/story the wording in question would be found. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 01:56, 9 December 2012 (EST)
A "Differences Between Versions" section would be a good idea as many other things are very different between versions. Another example is how the NTSC "HP-Up Heart" is called simply "HP Plus" (like the badge from Paper Mario and Paper Mario TTYD) in the PAL version. There are probably even more differences so I vote that we make that section. User:MarioMaster720
- Well, this is a wiki. If you see something that is missing, feel free to add it. -- 1337star (Mailbox SP) 13:33, 12 December 2012 (EST)
I believe there should be a Reception area to see about the reviews of this game like most of the other articles. Who agrees here?--220.127.116.11 14:22, 29 August 2013 (EDT)
- Cool, thanks!
South Korean release date and box art
Hello everyone. this link, which leads to the Korean website from Paper Mario: Sticker Star shows that the game came out June 6, 2013. this is the box art. I could not find the logo, see if you have better luck.
I said it because you have not reported in the article, and I do not have enough rights. thank you.--18.104.22.168 04:36, 31 December 2013 (EST)
Many good ones are in this game. Can someone help make a qoute page? I'll help when I get the game on friday. Toadbrigade5(Can't log in, at camp computer, sorry)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk).
|This talk page or section has a conflict or a question that needs to be answered. Please try to help and resolve the issue by leaving a comment.|
In the reception section it says the game has received generally positive reviews. The game got a lot of hate though but I do know some critics liked it so shouldn't we say that the game has received mixed reviews rather than positive? (talk) (edits) 23:06, 1 September 2016 (EDT)
- That whole section could use a rewrite. It doesn't use a table like other articles do. Also, I agree that the game seems to have gotten mixed reviews. The critics are all basically saying the same thing: Nice try.
- (--) 16:59, 30 January 2017 (EST)
- It also completely skims by the reception of the internet, despite it being pretty infamously bad online. ~Camwood777 14:46, 23 August 2017 (EDT)