|Diddy Kong Racing course|
|Location||Future Fun Land|
|Balloon(s) required||39 (race, N64)|
37 (race, DS)
43 (challenge, N64)
42 (challenge, DS)
|Transportation||Car, Hovercraft, Plane|
|Meet T.T (N64)||2:12.00|
|Notes||The first course of Future Fun Land.|
|<< List of tracks >>|
The player needs a total of 39 Golden Balloons to open this course (37 in the remake), and later 43 for its Silver Coin challenge (or 42 for its Balloon Touch Challenge in the Nintendo DS remake). The stage's default vehicle is planes, but racers can use Cars or Hovercrafts after completing the course twice or via Time Trials. The official Diddy Kong Racing website suggested racing as Tiptup on this track.
The course starts with a meteor bouncing around, as the player drives their plane across the landscape, passing through zippers and also avoiding trees. The player then enters a tunnel, that has some electrical beams that spin a character out if they collide with it. The tunnel leads to a small grassy area with one of Wizpig's spaceships. The spaceship tries to shoot the player, and they'll spin out if they're hit by one of the laser beams. The track then goes back into a tunnel, before leading to an open area with a fork in the road, where the player may either take a bridge or go under it, with both ways having a zipper. Both roads lead into a cave, with several rock formations, before the player exits the cave and crosses the finish line.
In the Nintendo DS remake, the track mainly remains the same as the original, although Wizpig's ship is a bit easier to avoid. Trees in the beginning are also replaced by lighthouses, and the music is changed to the theme from Spaceport Alpha.
Silver Coin locations
- The first coin is just before the first Zipper.
- The second coin is in the middle of the track in the section with the Zippers and trees.
- The third coin is at the top of the tunnel, just as the player enters it.
- The fourth coin is to the very left of the open section with Wizpig's spaceship firing down.
- The fifth coin is to the very right of the open section with Wizpig's spaceship firing down.
- The sixth coin is in the middle of the third electrical rock.
- The seventh coin is in the opening of the cave on the bottom path of the bridge
- The eighth coin is in the middle of the final four Item Balloons.
Adventure Two mode
- On the left side of the track, next to a tree and just before the first corner.
- On the right side of the track, next to a tree and just before the second corner.
- On the right side of the track, just before entering the tunnel.
- On the left side of the track, just after the final tree in the open section with Wizpig's spaceship.
- On the right side of the track, next to the first tree in the open section with Wizpig's spaceship.
- Underneath the rings on the first electrical generator.
- On the upper path, right in the middle of the entrance to the tunnel section.
- Right next to a rock formation, on the left side of the track on the final corner.
Diddy Kong Racing DS map (zoomed out)
Names in other languages
|French||Allee Spatiale||Spacial Alley|
|Italian||Viale Spaziale||Spacial Avenue|
|Spanish||Avenida Espacial||Spacial Avenue|