Jungle Falls (Diddy Kong Racing)
|Diddy Kong Racing course
|Car, Hovercraft, Plane
|Meet T.T (N64)
|A large fossil skull that racers can drive underneath is near the end.
|<< List of tracks >>
Jungle Falls is the third course of Dino Domain and the third overall track in Diddy Kong Racing and Diddy Kong Racing DS. Despite having "jungle" in its title, Jungle Falls takes place in a prehistoric area. It is a circular area with sandy terrain on both sides of the road and a few waterfalls which form some bodies of water. At least three Golden Balloons are required for the player's character to access the course, and eight for the Silver Coin Challenge (or the Balloon Touch Challenge in the Nintendo DS remake). The standard vehicle for this course is the car, but the player can use either the hovercraft or plane either during a Time Trial or after the course has been completed.
In Diddy Kong Racing DS, Jungle Falls has a different theme. The track no longer has the dinosaur tracks that occupied the start of the track in the Nintendo 64 release.
The course starts with a path that curves around a few ponds. There a some dinosaur tracks across the road. On the outer ledge, players can use a dash panel and grab a few bananas. On the turn to the right, there are red balloons and green balloons. Players can use a dash panel (with a blue balloon near it) behind these balloons. Players drive across a bridge there. If they fall, they must use a ramp to get back into the track. After the bridge, there is a tunnel that is split in two pathways.
Racers can decide which path to take, but only Planes can fly through the top one. The bottom tunnel is accessible from any vehicle. The narrow top tunnel is slightly shorter and has a Rainbow Balloon while the bottom one is surrounded by one Yellow Balloon and two Red Balloons. Both tunnels end with a right turn. A single Yellow Balloon is located outside the tunnel exit. After a turn to the right, there is a gentle slope with some Bananas, Red Balloons, and Green Balloons. A large dinosaur skull follows shortly after the slope. It has a Zipper underneath, which boosts racers through a narrow path enclosed by rows of skeleton spikes. A Rainbow Balloon appears behind the last spike rows. The racer must make another quick right turn to reach the finish line.
Silver Coin locations
Like the other courses, Jungle Falls has eight Silver Coins scattered in its area in the Silver Coin Challenge of the original version.
- The first coin is found just after the start line, before the first turn.
- The second coin is by the water just before the second turn after the dinosaur's footprints.
- The third coin is on a sand verge just before the bridge.
- The fourth coin is on the bridge.
- The fifth coin is just before the mouth of the tunnel.
- The sixth coin is between just after the stones.
- The seventh coin is in the mouth of the dinosaur skeleton.
- The eighth coin is on the final corner, just after the dinosaur's bones end.
Adventure Two mode
- On the left side of the track, just after the start line.
- On the right side of the track, not long after the first set of Item Balloons.
- Just above the water, on the right side of the track before the bridge.
- On the left side of the track, just before the end of the bridge.
- Right next to a palm tree, at the end of the bridge.
- On the right side of the track, after the rock formations.
- In the mouth of the dinosaur skeleton.
- Off the track on the right side, near one of the dinosaur's bones.
Diddy Kong Racing
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Names in other languages
|Jungle aux Cascades
|Cataratas de la Jungla