Tubba Blubba's Castle is the residence of Paper Mario's third boss, Tubba Blubba. The castle is massive to fit Tubba's huge size, but poorly designed to hold his weight. It's at the top of Gusty Gulch, beyond the windmill where Tubba Blubba's Heart resides.
The castle is filled with guards, Clubbas, and flying sentinels that will carry Mario to the front door outside. Using Lady Bow's cloaking move is the best way to avoid confrontation. The castle can be very confusing because it's three stories high and the areas look relatively the same.
When Mario grabs Yakkey, the key in Tubba's bedroom, Tubba will chase Mario out of the castle all the way down to the windmill. The thin wooden bridges across the main lobby will crash when Tubba gets on them, giving Mario a shortcut to the bottom.
|Name of Item
||In the room accessed with the second door on the first floor
|On a big desk on the first floor, get it by falling down from the room above
||In the basement, get it by falling down from the north room
|In the spike room on the second floor (requires Bow)
|In the Tubba Blubba room near the hallway on the third floor
||In the room accessed with the first door on the first floor, get it from the room above
||In a secret area near the ledge in the room behind the clock on the second floor
||In a question block near the stair that leads to the third floor
||In a chest box in the east corner of Tubba Blubba's room on the third floor
- Tubba Blubba (Chapter 3 Boss; cannot be defeated, players can only run from him)
- Sentinel (don't fight; they'll throw Mario out of the castle if it spots him)
- What a huge hall! Looks like it's crumbling, though. Boy, if this main hall collapses, the entire castle will follow. This whole place looks like it's falling apart.
- It's a corridor. I'm sure it was really magnificent before Tubba Blubba let it get filthy. You can barely see the beauty beneath the dirt.
- Filthy as it is, this castle has surprisingly little dust.
- Ooh! The dining room set here is fantastic! If they got curtains that weren't so old, they could really bring the room together.
- Wow! This room is huge! I guess Tubba Blubba's pretty big, though, so it's probably just the right size. High ceilings really make a room feel luxurious.
- There're the stairs. Ugh! A cobweb! I just can't stand creatures that don't tidy up...
- This is a basement, isn't it? Yup...and a big one, too. This makes a great hiding place. I don't think Clubbas patrol down here, so it's probably safe to rest for a while.
- There're the stairs. Even the staircases are big. This place is monstrous.
- This castle's too big... I'm so tired. All we ever do is walk...
- You know, even the huge cracks in the walls don't bother me that much. But spiderwebs? C'mon, a little housecleaning, people!
- You think Tubba Blubba likes this castle? If he did, you'd think he could spend a little time fixing it up. I mean, an occasional cleaning... What a waste.
- Whoa! Spikes in the floor! Don't try to jump over 'em! There are too many! How can we get through without being hurt by the spikes?
- Oh, here we go! A chair tipped over, a drawer left open... Doesn't anyone ever clean around here? While we're here, though, let's take a closer look at that drawer.
- Ugh...more stairs... Up and down, up and down... Will it never end? It's just a little tiring, that's all.
- We've been in here a while. I wouldn't mind having a house this huge. Of course, it's kind of a pain to have to walk so far between rooms. We could get an excellent game of hide and seek going in here, but I guess kids might get lost pretty easily. Well... I wouldn't get lost, of course.
- What is this, a Clubba nap room? If we don't disturb 'em, maybe they won't wake up. But sshh... We must go slow and be quiet...
- This is only a corridor but it's as big as an ordinary room. Is that necessary? This area alone might be bigger than my entire house. That makes me mad for some reason.
- Hey look! A table, a bed, a chest and a drawer. This is the only tasteful room in the place! Everything is so elegantly coordinated.
Names in Other Languages
Dogabon no Shiro
|Tubba Blubba's Castle
||Castillo de Tubba Blubba
||Tubba Blubba's Castle
||Château de Tubba Blubba
||Tubba Blubba's Castle
||Tubba Blubbas Schloss
||Tubba Blubba's Castle
Click an area to open the relevant article.
- If the player visits the Tubba Blubba's Castle after defeating Tubba Blubba the wooden bridges that were destroyed by Tubba Blubba are fixed. The reason for this is that if the player forgot to catch all the items in the castle in the first time there are still items to be caught such as Star Pieces and Badges, and with the broken bridge that would be impossible.
- If the player finds Herbert (a Boo eaten by Tubba Blubba) after the defeat of Tubba Blubba and talks to him, he will reveal that his ancestors once lived in the castle.
- As mentioned in an above tattle, Goombario is mad that an area/corridor in the castle is bigger than his house. This may mean Goombario is jealous of the Castle.
- In the basement, Mario finds a Boo (in hiding) that gives him advice to discovering Tubba Blubba's weakness.
- The castle resembles a hacienda of medieval Spain.