Sponge Cave Spelunking
|Sponge Cave Spelunking|
|Game||(Poochy &) Yoshi's Woolly World|
|Music track||Yarn Yoshi Takes Shape!|
Sponge Cave Spelunking
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Sponge Cave Spelunking is the third level of World 1 in the game Yoshi's Woolly World and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World. It takes place in a cave area, and it contains several sponge blocks and Chomp Rocks.
The level starts out with the player next to a Chomp Rock, if they push it to the left, they can get some beads and a piece of Wonder Wool, and pushing it right will allow the player to destroy some sponge blocks, and allow them to get to a Warp Pipe that leads to the next area. In the next area, the player will have to Ground Pound to get to the bottom of the area, and another Warp Pipe. The next room has more sponge blocks and some Nipper Plants. After this section is a small area with green and red mushroom platforms, on the second red mushroom platform is a hidden Winged Cloud, which will create several more mushroom platforms when it is hit with a yarn ball. Using these platforms, the player can get to a Warp Pipe that needs filling in, which will lead to some beads and another piece of Wonder Wool. After this is a small downhill section, before it levels out. If the player ground pounds some sponge blocks just after the purple mushroom, they will go to a secret area with a Winged Cloud, which creates beads and another piece of Wonder Wool. After this is a checkpoint, and a Warp Pipe.
The next area starts with a section where the Chomp Rock is needed to defeat enemies and get through the sponge blocks. At the end of this section, the Chomp Rock falls into a small crevice and the player can activate the Winged Cloud by it, which will create some mushroom platforms that lead to a Present Box. The player will then need to climb up the cave, before using a Spring Ball to leave it. After this is a small grassy section before the Goal Ring.
- Smiley Flower #1: In the first cave section at the start of the level, the player must break the sponge blocks under the Jump Block in order to lower it, then the player should use it to bounce to the top of the cave, where the first Smiley Flower is located.
- Smiley Flower #2: Above the first slope in the third area, the player may notice this Smiley Flower blocked off by some sponge blocks. Yoshi should use either a yarn ball or his head to break the blocks and gain access to the Flower.
- Smiley Flower #3: In the fourth area (after the first checkpoint), the player must push a Chomp Rock down some slopes to the bottom of the cave. After passing by some Piranha Plants and a Stamp Patch, the player may notice some beads located under a ceiling. The player should use the Chomp Rock to enter the ceiling, which reveals a hidden area with the Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower #4: After collecting Flower 3, the player should push the Chomp Rock to the end of the path in order to reveal an invisible Winged Cloud. Yoshi should hit it with an egg in order to reveal a mushroom platform staircase up to a Present Box, which (when opened) contains the Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower #5: At the end of the fourth area, the player should use the sponge blocks to reach a hidden alcove in the top-left wall (above Wonder Wool 5), which contains this Smiley Flower.
- Wonder Wool #1: At the start of the level, the player should take the first Chomp Rock and push it to the left in order to break some blocks, allowing them to reach this purple Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #2: In the level's third area, the player should use the sponge blocks as platforms to reach a hidden area located above the first Piranha Plant. Upon reaching the high area, the player may notice a Winged Cloud, which (when hit) will reveal a light-blue Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #3: In the level's third area, the player should jump onto the second red mushroom platform to reveal an invisible Winged Cloud. The player should then hit it with a yarn ball in order to reveal a mushroom platform staircase up to an empty Warp Pipe, which the player must "fill" with a yarn ball. After filling it, Yoshi should enter the pipe to find this pink Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #4: Under the first purple mushroom immediately after Smiley Flower 2, the player may notice some sponge blocks with a bead trail underneath them. Yoshi should ground pound the sponge blocks to find a secret area with a Winged Cloud, which (when hit) will reveal a red Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #5: At the end of the fourth area, the player may notice a purple Wonder Wool under some red mushroom platforms. To reach it, the player must work their way around the wall and through some nearby sponge blocks in order to collect it.
Collecting all five Wonder Wools in the level unlocks Circus Yoshi.
Names in other languages
Ho~re Hore! Suponji no Dōkutsu
|Dig, Dig! Sponge Cave|
|Dutch||Avontuur in de sponsgrot||Adventure in the Sponge-Cave|
|French (NOE)||Périlleuses grottes poreuses||Perilous Porous Caves|
|German||Schwammschlacht||Sponge Cave Battle|
|Italian||Scavando nella grotto spugnosa!||Digging in the Spongy Grotto!|
|Korean||파고 또 파고! 스펀지 동굴
Pago Tto Pago! Seupeonji Donggul
|Dig and Dig! Sponge Cave|
|Spanish||Esponjología textil||Textile Spongeology|
- Part of this level's background music can be heard in the remix titled "Yoshi's Woolly World" in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which pre-dates Yoshi's Woolly World.