|Game||(Poochy &) Yoshi's Woolly World|
|Music track||Duplicitous Delve|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Duplicitous Delve is the second level of World 2 in Yoshi's Woolly World and its remake, Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World. Its main feature is switching sides of the level through openings. The theme of this course uses parts of Knitty-Knotty Windmill Hill's music.
The level begins in a short area with a door at the end and a small dip in the ground. Going through the door leads to the other side of the level, where there is a jumping Little Mouser and some sponge. Ground Pounding the sponge opens into a cave with a wire fence and an Egg Block. Through a door is a pipe where Little Mousers come out. Ground Pounding on more sponge leads to another, similar area. Through yet another door, the cave changes from blue to red, and there is a long area of sponge. Upon going through it, there is an area with some flippers and a Spring Ball. The player must go through the left door to progress through the level. Once through, jumping up into a small area with platforms leads to the checkpoint and a Whirly Gate with a Yoshi transformation: Mole Yoshi. In the transformation area, there are Tap-Taps, many Beads, and rocks that can be dug through. After the transformation, there is a large stone area with moving blocks. The player must go up through this area until there are two red blocks. Jumping on them reveals two hidden platforms. Filling them in leads to a large Spring Ball which leads out of the cave. On the surface, there are many Little Mousers that follow the player to the end of the stage.
- Smiley Flower #1: In the area with the two Little Mouser pipes, Yoshi should pop a hidden Winged Cloud near the one on the left. A Smiley Flower will appear on the other side of the wire fence.
- Smiley Flower #2: While ground pounding the sponge after the two pipes, to the left of the flipper, there is an area Yoshi can walk inside where the Smiley Flower is located.
- Smiley Flower #3: In the area after the second Smiley Flower and second Wonder Wool, Yoshi should jump on the Spring Ball (on the blue side) and go right into a hidden alcove with the Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower #4: In the area with the moving blocks, Yoshi should wait for the blocks to move apart, then pop a Winged Cloud near the floor. The fourth Smiley Flower will then appear above.
- Smiley Flower #5: Outside the cave, Yoshi should pop a Winged Cloud to make the final Smiley Flower appear.
- Wonder Wool #1: In the area with the Little Mouser pipe, pop the Winged Cloud. Bounce on the Spring Ball and go through to the other side. The first Wonder Wool is there.
- Wonder Wool #2: After Ground Pounding through the sponge after the 2nd Flower, on the red side, throw a yarn ball up so it hits a Winged Cloud. When popped the second Wonder Wool appears.
- Wonder Wool #3: In the Mole Yoshi transformation, the player must dig up through a rock to get the third Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #4: Wonder Wool 4 and 5 can be collected in any order. Between the two red moving blocks there is a door. Go through it and pop a hidden Winged Cloud to make a Spring Ball appear. Jump on it to get the fourth Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #5: After the red moving blocks, there should be a place to the right of a pipe with Little Mousers. Jump around to reveal a hidden Winged Cloud. When popped, a Spring Ball will appear. Jumping on it takes the player further up to an area with two doors. The door on the right leads to the fifth Wonder Wool.
Collecting all five Wonder Wools in this level unlocks Cinnamon Yoshi.
This level has a Yoshi transformation - Mole Yoshi. Next to the first checkpoint, there is a Whirly Gate, which (when entered) will transform the player into Mole Yoshi and take them to a special bonus room, which (when completed) cannot be re-entered.
Names in other languages
|German||Hintergündige Höhle||enigmatic cave|
|Spanish||Las dos caras de la madeja||The Two Sides of the Skein, pun on las dos caras de la moneda meaning "two sides of the same coin"|