|Game||(Poochy &) Yoshi's Woolly World|
|Music track||Clawdaddy Beach|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
The level begins with a small beach, with some cactus-like bushes, an umbrella, and some islands and small clouds in the background. A Shy Guy sits under the umbrella. There is then a small gap with water in, which leads on to a second, smaller beach. After the small beach the level opens out into a large water area with platforms above the water. There are Shy Guys on some of the platforms, and a Clawdaddy in the water. Then, there is a small sandcastle-like structure and a huge palm tree with a Winged Cloud. More platforms are soon found, with an Egg Block and the frame of what looks like a large metal pipe or arch. The next part features deeper water, Cheep Cheeps and lots of palm trees. There is then two large platforms with Clawdaddies on top, and a formation made out of yarn and sand, which the player must ground pound to get through. A small island is found afterwards, with an Egg Block and some jutting pieces of wood resembling ship masts. Many platforms follow on to a structure, another metal frame, a checkpoint, and a Whirly Gate which transforms Yoshi into Moto Yoshi. The Moto Yoshi section is simple: a large cave in which Yoshi drives through Shy Guys, Clawdaddies, under and on metal arches, and up many walls and slopes. At the very end there is a huge waterfall, with many Cheep Cheeps. After the Whirly Gate, there is another checkpoint. There is then some rocky structures, with water at the bottom. A bridge has a pipe underneath which the player must swim to reach. After these rocks, there is an umbrella, a Shy Guy and two watermelons. A huge sand structure is then found, which the player must use yarn balls or the watermelon to get past. After this there is yet another sand structure enclosing a Clawdaddy, a Shy Guy and two Winged Clouds. The last part of the level consists mainly of bridges and palm trees. The palm trees in this section have watermelons growing on them. These watermelons help a lot as the final platforms are filled with Clawdaddies. After defeating the Clawdaddies, there is a huge metal arch and then the stage ends.
- Smiley Flower #1: Before the sand bridge, there is a large platform with a Clawdaddy on top. It is being supported by some sand. Throw two yarn balls at the sand: one to reveal a hidden Winged Cloud, and the second to pop it. The first Smiley Flower will appear on the platform.
- Smiley Flower #2: After the two platforms which Yoshi must "fill in", there is two platforms with Clawdaddies on. The player should throw a yarn ball on the water so it will bounce and hit a Winged Cloud. When popped, the second Smiley Flower will be revealed in a small alcove.
- Smiley Flower #3: On a platform with a sand bridge, a pipe is visible. Ground pound in the water to go under one of the rock structures. Inside the pipe, there are six Winged Clouds. Eat a watermelon, and pop the Winged Cloud furthest from the tree. Then, the third Smiley Flower will appear.
- Smiley Flower #4: On top of the first palm tree with watermelons growing, there is a hidden Winged Cloud. Jump on some of the sand from the large structure to make way to the top of the tree. Pop the Winged Cloud and collect the fourth Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower #5: On top of the final platform of the stage, defeat the top Clawdaddy to reveal a Winged Cloud, which, when popped, leaves a trail of Beads to the top of the metal arch with the final Smiley Flower.
- Wonder Wool #1: Between the two palm trees, a box frame will be revealed if the player jumps from one to the other. The player should hit the frame with a yarn ball to "fill" it in. This reveals a Present Box, which when licked reveals the first Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #2: Above the second "fillable" platform, there is another frame. "Fill" the frame to reveal a Present Box with the second Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #3: During the Moto Yoshi section, the player should jump through the Shy Guys with balloons, and make it to a large floating platform with the third Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #4: In the part with the huge sand structure, the player should use a watermelon to get to a sparkle near the top of the structure. When reached, the sparkle turns out to be the fourth Wonder Wool.
- Wonder Wool #5: Near the end of the stage, there is a platform with a Winged Cloud underneath. To reach it, the player should ground pound in the water to go under a rock and reach it. When popped, the fifth Wonder Wool appears.
Collecting all five Wonder Wools in this level unlocks Yoshimelon.
In this level's Whirly Gate, Yoshi transforms into Moto Yoshi, a motorbike shape which rams through enemies and can go up walls and around circular objects.
Names in other languages
Kani kani bi~chi
|Crab Crab Beach|
|German||Herumgekrebse am Strand||Crawling Around on the Beach|
|Italian||Lido Chela d'oro||Claw Beach of Gold|
|Spanish (NOA)||Costa Pinza||Pin Coast|
|Spanish (NOE)||Cala Cangrejo||Crab Cove|