|Game||Yoshi's Crafted World|
|Music track||Nighttime Crafts|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Skulking Around is the second level of Shadowville and the forty-third level overall of Yoshi's Crafted World. This level takes place at night, in a closed museum. If Yoshi is caught in a beam of light, the alarm sounds, the light turns red, and Li'l Marchers start appearing and chasing after him. There are buttons nearby Yoshi can use to deactivate the alarm. This level's mechanics return in Under Siege.
As soon as Yoshi enters the museum, there is an unavoidable beam of light. When Yoshi crosses it, the alarm sounds and the light turns red. To the left is a hole in the floor Li'l Marchers start popping out of. Just to the right is a button Yoshi can press to shut off the alarm. There is a Winged Cloud flying by, low and close in the background. If Yoshi hits it, coins fly out and are automatically collected. The next lights can be avoided by timing Yoshi's movements behind the moving walls blocking the lights. To the very right of this section is a small area with a rocket exhibit in the background. There is a hidden Winged Cloud nearby Yoshi can hit to make a Smiley Flower appear in a circle of coins. Yoshi must then Ground Pound a pair of blocks nearby, taking him into a lower area of the museum.
Yoshi lands on a button, automatically turning off the alarm. There are paintings on the walls of this section, as well as lights Yoshi must avoid in a particular way. Near the start of the section is what seems to be a Shy Guy in a can. It moves a bit faster, and Yoshi can Ground Pound it to turn it into coins. There is a Winged Cloud just above it containing five hearts. These first lights hang from the ceiling, and can be avoided by moving underneath the moving platform just below the light. There are a few Shy Guys around here, coming out of a pipe. Yoshi can use the moving platform below the first light of this section to reach two Red Coins to the left and a Winged Cloud to the right Yoshi can hit to get some coins and a Smiley Flower. To the right are more lights that can be avoided the same way, as well as one or two Tap-Taps below them. Below the second light of this section are two red coins. After this section is the first Check Point, behind a button that shuts off the alarm.
After the first section, the lights appear high in the background, and are obscured at intervals by moving walls. At the bottom left is a pair of red coins. Behind a pillar close in the background, there is a Winged Cloud that quickly moves left and right whenever the walls raise. Hitting it makes two long rows of coins appear, with three red coins among them. Up and to the left is another pair of red coins. To the right, at the end of this section, is an Egg Block above a button that shuts off the alarm. Just after that is an area with no lights, with a Time Cloud. If Yoshi hits it, three target balloons appear in this area; one in the middle background, behind a moving wall, while the other two are in front of the moving walls on the left and right. If Yoshi pops all of the target balloons before time runs out, he is awarded a Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
Just to the right of that area is a Tap-Tap next to a button. In the background, there is a present box containing multiple coins as well as a red coin. Just to the right of this is an area with a ceiling light, a moving platform just below, and a pipe Shy Guys come out of. There is a Winged Cloud in the middle Yoshi can hit to make coins appear. To the right is a light that comes through the floor, with moving platforms above it protecting Yoshi. At the top left corner of that area is a Winged Cloud containing five hearts. Below that, to the left of the light, is a pair of red coins. In the middle of the next area is another Time Cloud between two Tap-Taps. If Yoshi hits this cloud, some Blue Coins appear in this area. If Yoshi collects all of them in the given time, he is once again awarded a Smiley Flower in a circle of coins. Just after this section is a pipe Shy Guys fall out of, and the second Check Point behind a button.
In this last section, there is one long moving wall that moves up and down to protect Yoshi from lights in the background. At the top left of the first area is a Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to get the last Smiley Flower. There is a button shortly ahead, with a Winged Cloud above it containing five hearts. The last six red coins can be found before the end of this section. There is a Winged Cloud at the end Yoshi needs to hit to unravel a bridge, allowing him to get out. Upon reaching the end of this section, Yoshi simply needs to walk out of the museum and right to the goal.
- The cyan Poochy Pup is hanging onto a banner in the background, just past the first Check Point.
- In the empty area between the first and second checkpoints, Yoshi must decide where the first Time Cloud normally is to find a hidden Winged Cloud. Yoshi must hit it to move the walls, revealing the black Poochy Pup playing in the background.
- The pink Poochy Pup is moving along one of the moving walls just before the goal.
- Smiley Flower 1: To the right of the very first section is a small area where a rocket exhibit can be seen in the background. There is a hidden Winged Cloud here Yoshi must hit to make the first Smiley Flower appear in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 2: Once Yoshi enters the basement, he must use the moving platform in the first area to reach a Winged Cloud at the top right. Hitting this cloud reveals the second Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 3: In an empty area with no lights, there is a Time Cloud. Hitting it reveals three target balloons in the area. One is in the background behind a moving wall, while the other two move in front of the other two moving walls. Popping all of the balloons before time runs out earns Yoshi the third Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 4: In the area just before the second Check Point is a second Time Cloud. Hitting this cloud reveals some blue coins in this area. Collecting all of them in the given time earns Yoshi the fourth Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 5: In the first area of the section just after the second Check Point is a Winged Cloud Yoshi must hit to reveal the fifth and final Smiley Flower.
Three more Smiley Flowers are awarded for collecting at least 100 coins in the level, completing the level with 20 hearts, and collecting all 20 Red Coins. In the flip side, three are awarded for bringing all three Poochy Pups to the goal, and one more for doing so within three minutes and thirty seconds.
Found on the front side:
- Whale: A massive exhibit in the background just before the second Check Point.
Found on the front side:
- Vase 1: In the background behind the first Check Point.
- Vase 2: In the background just below the Can Robot.
- Vase 3: In the background at the point of the second Check Point, cleverly hidden among three vases. Behind the left vase is a stack of three Shy Guys. Behind the middle vase is a hidden Shy Guy holding a 10 Coin. The right vase holds flowers.
- Vase 4: In the final section, in the background.
Found on the flip side:
- Cheep Cheep Picture 1: Within the first set of moving walls.
- Cheep Cheep Picture 2: Just past the first checkpoint, in the background below the cyan Poochy Pup.
- Cheep Cheep Picture 3: On a moving wall just before the second checkpoint.
- Cheep Cheep Picture 4: In the area just after the second checkpoint, down below.
- Cheep Cheep Picture 5: Laying in the background just before the goal.
Found on the front side:
- Can Robot: Near the end of the section just before the empty Time Cloud area, where the second vase is also found.
Yoshi must head to the very right of the first section. Sprout's box is in the background, in the window of the rocket exhibit.
Names in other languages
Sennyū! Yoru no Hakubutsukan
|Infiltrate! Museum at Night|
Qiánrù Yèlǐ de Bówùguǎn！
|Infiltrate the Nighttime Museum!|
|Italian||Brancolando nel buio||Groping in the dark|
|Spanish||Infiltración nocturna||Night Infiltration|