|Game||Yoshi's Crafted World|
|Music track||Beyond the Wild|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Open, Shut! is the second level of Cheery Valley and the fortieth level overall of Yoshi's Crafted World. This level introduces Floppy Blocks, bending, twisting, and rotating blocks that come in a variety of sizes and colors.
At the start of the first area are a few Flightless Goonies and a few coins, as well as a set of two pink, medium-sized Floppy Blocks. Next is an Egg Block. Just after that is an area with two sets of two pink Floppy Blocks. There are a few coins in this area, as well as a Fly Guy between the Floppy Blocks. Just above the Fly Guy is a hidden Winged Cloud. If Yoshi hits it, a few more coins appear near the Floppy Blocks, with two Red Coins among them. At the bottom right corner of this area are two Roulette Blocks, each allowing Yoshi to get up to twenty coins.
Just after this section is a section with two sets of five small, green Floppy Blocks. While on the second set, Yoshi can spot a present box low in the background. This present box contains multiple coins, as well as a red coin. Yoshi can then head into the background, where there is a Time Cloud. Hitting it makes Blue Coins appear in this area. If Yoshi collects all of them while avoiding the Flightless Goonies, a Smiley Flower appears at the top, circled by coins.
After this, Yoshi must head back into the foreground, right to a section with a trail of two more sets of five small, green Floppy Blocks. There is a trail of coins at the start leading to the first set. There is a hidden Winged Cloud near the first set. Three Flightless Goonies also drop down onto the second set. Past a set of five Flightless Goonies is another Winged Cloud, this one containing five hearts. There is then an Egg Plant, with a hidden Winged Cloud above it Yoshi can hit to unravel a bridge, taking him up to the first Check Point.
After the first Check Point, there are two sets of two purple, somewhat bigger Floppy Blocks. Below them are a few Flightless Goonies. To the right, Yoshi can look into the background to spot two Winged Clouds flying behind clouds. One Winged Cloud contains five regular coins, while the other contains five red coins. Yoshi must then use the purple Floppy Blocks to get up to a set of two pink, medium-sized blocks, a set of three small, green blocks, and a set of five small, green blocks. Up to the left, there is a set of two large, purple Floppy Blocks with a Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
To the right are two Flightless Goonies and a Winged Cloud containing five hearts. Soon, Yoshi must Ground Pound a stack of blocks trapping Flightless Goonies. Shortly after that is a hidden Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to reveal another Smiley Flower. There are also a few Flightless Goonies nearby, as well as a Roulette Block allowing Yoshi to get one coin, one heart, five hearts, or ten coins. There is then an Egg Block, then another Floppy Block section. At the top are two sets of two large, purple Floppy Blocks and a few coins in circles, with a red coin in the center of one. Just below that are a few sets of pink, medium-sized blocks. At the bottom are a few sets of small, green blocks.
At this point, Yoshi can walk into the foreground, where there is another Time Cloud. If Yoshi hits it, four target balloons appear in the background near the Floppy Blocks. As Yoshi tries to hit the balloons, Gusties appear. If Yoshi pops all of the balloons before time runs out, a Smiley Flower appears in the background. Just ahead is the second Check Point.
After the second Check Point, Yoshi must follow a long trail of coins and drop onto the last collection of Floppy Blocks. These Floppy Blocks move and take Yoshi to the right, where some Goonies fly by. Along the way is a hidden Winged Cloud Yoshi can hit to make coins appear in the shape of a bird, with the last three red coins at the top. Just after that, Yoshi can use the Goonies to reach the last Smiley Flower. After reaching the end of this section, Yoshi can simply walk right to the goal.
Flipping the screen reveals that the Floppy Blocks are likely made of cardboard or wood.
- Yoshi must head into the background where the second Winged Cloud normally is. The cyan Poochy Pup can be seen playing through a large hole in the background.
- The black Poochy Pup is at the top of the section just before the second Check Point, hanging onto a set of two larger, purple Floppy Blocks.
- In the second-to last section, the pink Poochy Pup is hanging onto a set of five green, smaller Floppy Blocks.
- Smiley Flower 1: After the first green Floppy Blocks, Yoshi must head into the background, where there is a Time Cloud. Yoshi must hit it to make blue coins appear in this area. Collecting all of them in the given time rewards Yoshi with a Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 2: At the top of the section just after the first Check Point, to the left, is a separate set of two purple Floppy Blocks, with the second Smiley Flower in a circle of coins.
- Smiley Flower 3: After Ground Pounding the stack of blocks, Yoshi must search for a hidden Winged Cloud nearby containing the third Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 4: At the bottom of the section just before the second Check Point, Yoshi must head into the foreground, where there is a second Time Cloud. Yoshi must hit this cloud to reveal four target balloons in the background. Popping all of them before time runs out earns Yoshi the fourth Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 5: In the last section, Yoshi must use some Goonies to reach the fifth and final Smiley Flower.
Three more Smiley Flowers are awarded for collecting at least 100 coins in the level, completing the level with 20 hearts, and collecting all 20 Red Coins. In the flip side, three are awarded for bringing all three Poochy Pups to the goal, and one more for doing so within three minutes and thirty seconds.
Found on the front side:
- Dragonfly 1: In the area with two sets of pink Floppy Blocks, in the bottom-right, next to two Roulette Blocks.
- Dragonfly 2: In the second section with two sets of green Floppy Blocks, Yoshi must look for the dragonfly in the background.
- Dragonfly 3: After Ground Pounding the stack of blocks, the third dragonfly can be seen in the immediate background.
- Dragonfly 4: While in the foreground with the second Time Cloud, Yoshi must spot and hit the dragonfly high in the background.
- Dragonfly 5: At the start of the last section, near a rainbow close in the background, slightly dipped in the clouds.
Found on the flip side:
- Wooden House: At the bottom of the Floppy Block section just before the second Check Point, Yoshi must look for the wooden house atop a wooden pillar in the background.
Found on the flip side:
- Helicopter: At the top of the area where the first Time Cloud normally is, Yoshi must look for the helicopter in the skies of the background.
Just before the second Check Point, Yoshi must head into the foreground, where the second Time Cloud is. Sprout's box is to the left, behind a very small, white picket fence.
- Flightless Goonies (45)
- Fly Guy
- Gusties (17)
Names in other languages
Pakapaka Burokku Hiraita Tojita
|Floppy Blocks, Opening and Closing|
|Chinese||松松砖块 开开关关 (Simplified)
鬆鬆磚塊 開開關關 (Traditional)
Sòngsòng Zhuānkuài Kāikāi Guānguān
|Floppy Blocks, Opening and Closing|
|Italian||Blocchi apri e chiudi||Open and close blocks|
|Spanish||A vueltas con los bloques matraca||Struggling With the Floppy Blocks|