Ride the River
|Ride the River|
|Game||Yoshi's Crafted World|
|Music track||Main Theme|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
To start, there are three Shy Guys on the dock. Yoshi must then hop onto some lily pads gliding across the river. Yoshi soon crosses a Lunge Fish in the background, which lunges toward him, eating anything that gets caught in the way whole, including Yoshi and lilypads. Behind the Lunge Fish is a line of three Red Coins Yoshi can pick up by throwing an egg into the background. After this is an Egg Block. Yoshi must then get back onto the lily pads, where he finds a few coins as well as a couple of Fly Guys. There is then another Lunge Fish in the background, with a Smiley Flower nearby Yoshi can pick up.
After this is a downstream the lilypads fall down quickly. Soon after the drop is a Shy Guy with an Egg Block and a Time Cloud. If Yoshi hits the Time Cloud, the screen flips, showing lilypads slowly moving by in the background, with ten Shy Guys altogether. Some of the Shy Guys hold Blue Coin Yoshi can hit by throwing eggs into the background. If Yoshi picks up all of the Blue Coins in the given time, a Smiley Flower appears. Just after this is another Lunge Fish. After that are two Piranha Plants, with a Fly Guy and a Winged Cloud containing five hearts between them. Immediately after this is another drop, which takes Yoshi into a little village area.
Here, in the background, there is a dock with a bottle hut, a hammock, towels, and Shy Guys, most of which are behind popsicle stick walls. One of the Shy Guys holds a Red Coin, and another carries a Smiley Flower. There is also a Shy Guy carrying a Heyho Coin Bag. Right after this is an Egg Block and another drop. After three balloons holding three hearts, there is a Lunge Fish in the background, with a 10 Coin nearby circled by coins. Soon after another downstream, with Piranha Plants, Yoshi reaches a dock with the first Check Point.
To the right of the first Check Point is a Winged Cloud. From here, Yoshi must enter the foreground, where he can head left to find a small section with three Red Coins and a Smiley Flower, as well as a Fly Guy and a Piranha Plant above. To the right, there are more lilypads, some of which have Shy Guys on them. There are also one or two Cheep Cheeps that jump out of the water. First, there are two balloons with two hearts. Next is another Time Cloud. If Yoshi hits this cloud, Blue Coins appear within Yoshi's reach, few spinning in mini-circles, with one semi-circle in front of the Lunge Fish. If Yoshi grabs them all before time runs out, a Smiley Flower appears.
Just after that is an Egg Block, then a drop. At the start of this drop, in the background, is a present box containing multiple coins as well as one Red Coin. On the way down, Yoshi can jump to snag five hearts carried by balloons. After two Lunge Fish and a semi-circle of coins, including one Red Coin, Yoshi reaches a dock. He must head toward the foreground as Cheep Cheep leap over him, reaching the second Check Point.
Once in the foreground, Yoshi can head left, where he can find three Red Coins and a Smiley Flower at the end, as well as a Fly Guy and a Lunge Fish in the area. To the right of all this, Yoshi must ride more lilypads; slowly at first, but there are a lot of downstream drops. Here, Yoshi can pick up three Red Coins below a Piranha Plant, and jump at the last drop to get a Smiley Flower. After the dock, Yoshi enters the last section, in which a Lunge Fish chases him through the remainder of the level, always in reach of Yoshi rather than starting in the background. Along the way, Yoshi can pick up the last three Red Coins, the last Smiley Flower, and a few other treasures. After this section, Yoshi can simply walk right to the goal.
By flipping the screen, it is suggested that some of the level takes place in a bathtub, especially because of the rubber ducky in the background near the end. Along the waterfalls, there are some ropes for Yoshi to climb up.
- The cyan Poochy Pup is holding onto some corks after the first set of waterfalls, before Yoshi reaches the first Check Point.
- Shortly after where the village area would be, the black Poochy Pup is on a raft in the background.
- The pink Poochy Pup is riding a lilypad in the background close to the end.
- Smiley Flower 1: The first Smiley Flower is simply in front of the second Lunge Fish.
- Smiley Flower 2: Just after the second Lunge Fish is a Time Cloud. Yoshi must hit it to flip the screen, revealing Shy Guys riding lilypads in the background. Most of these Shy Guys carry Blue Coins. If Yoshi hits and collects all of the Blue Coins before time runs out, he is rewarded the second Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 3: After the next waterfall is a little village area. Yoshi must knock down the popsicle stick walls to reveal a Shy Guy carrying the third Smiley Flower, which he must hit to collect.
- Smiley Flower 4: After the first Check Point, Yoshi must enter the foreground and head left to find a small section with the fourth Smiley Flower to the left.
- Smiley Flower 5: After the first Check Point, Yoshi must enter the foreground and head right. In this section, there is a second Time Cloud. Hitting it and collecting all of the Blue Coins that appear nearby makes the fifth Smiley Flower appear.
- Smiley Flower 6: After the second Check Point, Yoshi must enter the background and head to the left to find the sixth Smiley Flower
- Smiley Flower 7: After the second Check Point, Yoshi must enter the background and head to the right, in a section with a series of waterfall drops. At the third and final drop, Yoshi must jump to pick up the seventh Smiley Flower.
- Smiley Flower 8: In the middle of the final section, in which Yoshi is chased by the Lunge Fish, there are a few blocks Yoshi must break to get the eighth and final Smiley Flower inside.
Three more Smiley Flowers are awarded for collecting at least 100 coins in the level, completing the level with 20 hearts, and collecting all 20 Red Coins. In the flip side, three are awarded for bringing all three Poochy Pups to the goal, and one more for doing so within four minutes.
Found on the front side:
- Bottle Hut: In the little village area, seen on the dock close in the background.
Found on the front side:
- Dried Fish: Just after the second Check Point, Yoshi must head into the background and just to the right, at the start of the next section, to spot the dried fish in the background nearby.
Found on the flip side:
- Tin Boat 1: Near the middle of the first section, in the background, holding two Shy Guys.
- Tin Boat 2: Just after the first Check Point, in the background and just to the right, obscured by the rocks.
- Tin Boat 3: Before the second Check Point, to the right in the area where the fourth Smiley Flower is normally found, just floating in the background.
- Tin Boat 4: At the start of the last section, sunk behind the rocks.
- Tin Boat 5: At the end of the last section, where the goal is, on a dock in the background.
After the second Check Point, Yoshi must head into the background and slightly to the left. Sprout's box is in the background, near a hammock, a tent, and some trees.
Names in other languages
Hasu no Ha ni Notte Kawa-kudari
|Ride the Lilypad and Down the River|
Chéng zhe Liányè Liúxià Héchuān
|Ride the Lilypad and Down the River|
|French||D'un nénuphar à l'autre||From one lilypad to another|
|Italian||A bordo delle foglie di loto||Aboard of the lotus leaves|
|Spanish||Travesía sobre nenúfares||Lilypad Ride|